Did You Ride Today?

Good for you Bob. I think I would slash my wrists at 90 mins. That is about my record on a stationary device, aside from a couch.

Steve, how's you arm doing?

I still have not done a race on Zwift, but I've watched a few. It's ballz to the wall from 15 seconds before the start until the finish line. The intensity level is probably higher than most real life races. Only very competitive crits would offer the same intensity over and hour or so. I'm headed to the basement this morning...14 degrees F here, Steve!...and I'll do a short, fast 20-mile ride this morning and then a recovery ride of about the same length this afternoon.

JH, the long efforts on the trainer are still mentally almost as hard as pre-computer program days. 25 laps of the Volcano Circuit to do that metric century was insanely boring. Only the game enabled me to do it. I felt like quitting several times during the effort and another rider giving me a thumbs up or XP points racking up or mixing it up with a pack of slightly faster riders kept me going.

Cycling, indoors or out, is as much a head game as it one for the legs.

14 degrees this morning, but it warmed up to 25 degrees! The with was almost steady at 16 MPH with an overcast sky. There was a threat of snow flurries all day, but nothing materialized.

This morning I hit the trainer for 27 miles worth of Watopia, doing the Road To Ruins Circuit, The hilly Circuit, The Volcano Flat and a warm down. Decent tempo and I felt good coming off the bike. It was a good workout with lots of Ride On!'s and some full gas efforts in between.

This afternoon I hit the trainer again. This time I was putting my foot in it, evidently. Zwift detected a new high FTP for me (yeah...whatever. a 'virtual' FTP! yay!), but the real fun was playing with big dogs for a few minutes here and there. This ride was a hot 20 miles on the Garmin and almost 23 on Zwift.

I set a PR on the original KOM and took the polka dot jersey for that 1/2-hours worth of riders over the top of the little hill. Again, not bad for an old guy with one gear and a bum leg! I need to toss a road bike on the trainer and go out head hunting just to see if I can still do it without humiliating myself! LOL! I certainly want to race sometime or other, but that's going to take multiple gears and I'm just here for the 'off season' (remember those words?) conditioning. Lots of fun to be had on Zwift.

35 degrees and we received 2" of new snow in the early morning hours with 2" more coming tonight after dark. Ther wind is a steady 10 to 14 MPH.

I hit the trainer for 1 hour and 40 minutes doing the Greatest London Loop up Leith Hill and then cruising around London town. It was a good workout with 5000+ riders flying around.

I tried hanging on to a ZSUN workout pack, but was dropped after only one mile. I saw lots of messages about ZSUN riders *****ing about the hot pace. I think it was the ride leader that was being a **** and told them to lead their own ride. I saw Watts/Kg well over 5 and 6 as riders tried to stay i the draft. For the next 2 or 3 miles I swept up some of the ZSUN's that were also dropped. Hot, surging tempo over the ride's advertised pace...lots of ****** off riders for sure.

I enjoyed the up-tempo workout and now I'll head back to the trainer for some speed work. The legs are holding up and I'm not bored yet.

Nothing special on the trainer over the weeking end ,just maintaining. Got a load of choirs done including but not limited to new bathroom faucets and new bike hangers for the basement. I have a 10' ceiling so I can get them up out of the way. No way exciting but I got another good checkup from my Endo. My A1C is still in the normal range. I am not a quiter and will not lay down.

Another hour and ten minute session in London. Over Box Hill with a decent effort and then pounded out a few fast miles with whoever I could hang with. Tongue dragging on the front tire by the time I finished.

I sat on the basement steps and polished my old leather Duegi lace-up cycling shoes, I wondered how many roadies are left that wore leather and laced them up tight before the start of a race.

Anyway, my legs hurt for all the right reasons. Ride On! my friends.

Good to hear, JH! You've had a rough spell, as had Zipp and Steve. Good thoughts and prayers to all of you!

I'm only getting caught up on some of the small stuff. Winter has been very cold this year...after that cool and wet Summer. The Super Bowl is decent this year, but not great. Took another shower during the worthless halftime show.

A little more snow is coming in overnight. Yay!

It got up to 20 degrees today and we did get about an inch of new snow last night. Yeah, the roads are anywhere from wet to icy to lightly drifted over. At least it was sunny for most of the day!

I hit the trainer for an hour and forty minutes on Zwift's Greater London Flat circuit. Then I did Box Hill and ended up with about 1250' of virtual vertical stuff. Only about 2000' riders in the game this afternoon and I was never wanting for someone to ride with.

I went in for a recovery day and stuck pretty much to plan by keeping my heart rate and power lowered a bit. That worked well until about 4 miles from the end of the ride. I had to crank it up to keep up with a fast moving group of three other riders. We all took turns at the front and kept the tempo high to the line.

I felt great and shut it down to do a quick warm down before I decided another 10 miles or so of speed work was what I needed! LOL! Rest and recovery!

23 degrees and overcast after another inch of snow last night. Sounding like a broken record?

I hit the trainer for an hour and forty-five minutes...still a broken record.

I rode most of the same route I did yesterday...more broken record. I was trying to use the manual turn options to do 2 loops of the Greatest London Flat Circuit after finding out you can only do one lap of it before the 'flat' course sends you out to do Box Hill repeats! The 'flat' course is actually a climbing course. Tricky!

The turn options would not allow me to free ride my way back onto the flat part of the course and I went over Box Hill again. I was told I could have flipped a U-turn and ridden the flat loop backwards and I'll try that out the next time we're on London world again.

It turned out to be a good workout session and the last seven tenths of a mile to the KOM at the top of Box Hill I was passing just about everyone I could reel in. Set a new PR for one of the London Sprints...on The Strand, I think.

1" to 3" of snow is supposed to come down from midnight to 3 AM and 2" to 4" more snow is predicted to follow it from sunrise until around 4 PM. Great!

I think I'll be on the trainer for a few more days...

5" to 8" of new snow this morning. 19 degrees outside with a low of 11 degrees tonight.

I hit the trainer for an hour and 42 minutes on Zwift. Rode the Watopia Road to Ruins, the Volcano Flat Loop and the Volcano Circuit. Good high tempo work with some faster climbing. I only rode with a few guys for short periods. I did pull a few groups along for a couple miles at a stretch, but nothing impressive. Just good Watt output levels for me.

This trainer stuff is getting very stale, but for the next week or more there is no end in sight to the cold, crappy weather and nasty road conditions.

I did see 'U' out riding on Watopia this morning and gave him a Ride On! Saw my old team mate was also riding this afternoon and we exchanged Ride On!'s.

There was only 2,500 riders in the game when I was on it, but earlier today there was over 7,000 riders on the various courses.

17 degrees and overcast today. The wind is at 9 to 14 MPH and we had light snow flurries all day. Headed down to 10 degrees tonight. Yay...us!

1 hour and 58 minutes on Zwift doing Watopia's The Big Loop and a Volcano Loop. 2450' of virtual climbing. My legs were shot from this week's indoor sessions, but they came around long enough to allow me to do the Epic KOM and the climb up out of the Jungle Loop before backing off the gas just enough to be able to jump for groups that were passing me.

It was a nice ride. I rarely do the climb up to the Radio Tower and the route is a break from the monotony of Zwift Island. I'll try a recovery ride tomorrow, but we all know how those end in Zwift. 2500 riders in the game this afternoon.

Just started cycling again today after 2 months. I've been taking care of my grandmother at home so i can't really leave her for long and I've been working from home the past months, but finally my brother came home from abroad and so I can resume my routine again!

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
1 hour and 58 minutes on Zwift doing Watopia's The Big Loop and a Volcano Loop. 2450' of virtual climbing. My legs were shot from this week's indoor sessions, but they came around long enough to allow me to do the Epic KOM and the climb up out of the Jungle Loop before backing off the gas just enough to be able to jump for groups that were passing me.

It was a nice ride. I rarely do the climb up to the Radio Tower and the route is a break from the monotony of Zwift Island. I'll try a recovery ride tomorrow, but we all know how those end in Zwift. 2500 riders in the game this afternoon.

Nice one bob, Zwift can be a lot of fun. For me, it's been a game changer for getting through winters and coming back from injuries. Been back on it the last two days for about an hour each time :cool: Plaster splint comes off my arm in 4 days, then i'll have a solid 2 weeks on zwift before I can get back out on the road.

Steve, Good to hear the cast is coming off soon. I home the bones and soft tissue damage are healing perfectly. That has to be a royal pain in the ass to go through. What's your Zwift nick, Steve? If I see you on the game you will definitely get a Ride On! from me!

There's a picture posted somewhere on Zwift from a few weeks ago of a guy Zwifting as he recovers from a broken neck and a broken arm suffered in a bike crash. The heavy plaster old school cast was up to his shoulder and he had that arm resting on a towel that was on an aluminum step ladder positioned in front of the bike! Hard man!

I know it's Summer for you Aussies, but Zwift will keep you entertained and your fitness from going to complete **** and you WILL recover and get stronger.

It was warming to 37 degrees today after a cold 19 degree morning with light snow flurries. Pretty windy at a steady 10 to 16 MPH all day.

I hit Zwift for 2 hours and 26 minutes worth of the Richmond, Virginia 2015 Worlds Road Course. 1770' of virtual climbing that comes in three tough little climbs per lap. The climbs remind me of the real one around here. Nothing long like Watopia's Epic KOM or the Radio Tower Climb or London's Leith Hill, just short, steep and painful.

'U' is still riding Zwift, but we are on different schedules. I have not yet seen him in the game when I am riding.

Good day but sucky ride! Had to get ready in a rush as Gina screwed up my breakfast this morning bigtime, couldn't take a dump like I wanted. So headed out for a 50 miler having to take a dump. Do you know what it's like to be in the middle of a 50 miler knowing you can't stop to mess up the momentum while having the feeling of having to take a dump? :eek:

@Mr. Beanz are you still riding your bike these days?

33 degrees and freezing rain this afternoon with a thick ice-fog hanging in the air. The wind is 6 to 8 MPH.

I hit Zwift for 2 hours a 22 minutes riding Watopia's Road To Ruins, The Hilly Route, The Flat Route and the Volcano Circuit for a few laps. Just a steady tempo with some good speed work thrown in. Did some short intervals and two good sprints.

It was a fun ride with lots of Ride On!'s and fun. Saw some really fast gals out for a workout and a few guys going for big miles.

Everyone should learn how to ride a bicycle. It is as easy as learning to ride a motorbike. And the thing is once you have learned how to ride a bike is not something you ever forget you can do. For many people in living in a flat surface, bicycling never stops and continues right into their 80’s and 90’s and has been a memorable part of their entire life. For others riding stops the moment they get their driver’s license and their bikes are stored. Whether you want to save money, get fit or die trying, or just try and do your riding to save the world, riding bikes is enjoyable and also used in sports.

39 degrees this afternoon with light rain after this morning's freezing rain. There's still a thick fog in the air and the wind is at 10 to 14 MPH.

I hit the trainer for 2 hours 29 minutes. Did Zwift's Watopia Road to Ruins, The Volcano Climb, The Hilly Route, The Volcano Circuit and the the Volcano Flat. Another long ride and a fun one! There was 4,500 riders in the game and every route had a lot of riders on it.

Reactions: steve
27 degrees and sunny today with the wind at 10 MPH and the snow is still melting.

I hit the trainer for 1 hour and 52 minutes of riding Zwift's London roads. I did the Greatest London Flat route followed by the climb over Fox Hill and then a little finishing speed in Greater London.

Nothing killer this afternoon. Only 2150 riders in the game and my legs were toast from the weekend so I cooled my jets for most of the session.