Did You Ride Today?

Another 1/2" of new snow overnight with flurries on and off all day as it finally got up to 30 degrees. There was a little sunshine today and the wind was up at 9 to 17 MPH.

I hit the trainer for an hour and fifty minutes on Zwift's Watopia. I mainly ran the Volcano Flat Route and did a few Volcano Circuit laps and over the Flat Loop. Just steady tempo work with intervals spent jamming up the little grades and hills.

Lots of workout rides were going on and I jumped in with a small one that was going about 2.5-2.7 Watts/Kg. That was fun for a few miles. Another good workout session!

32 degrees and light snow flurries all day. The wind was up to 21 MPH with gusts to 25 MPH. Yeah...heavy wind today. I met an oncoming county road department truck this morning and it was throwing out a heavy spray of salt and grit. Fantastic! The roads were icy this morning from an overnight glaze of of ice/snow mix. No real accumulation, just enough to make things slippery.

I did another 1 hour 56 minutes on Zwift riding the Greatest London Loop over Leith Hill and the a lap and a half of the Greatest London Flat route. I hung with some fast cats for 4 or 5 miles and felt great keeping the track bike spun up. Another fun workout in the books.

32 degrees, cold, windy at 12 to 16 MPH and overcast today with light morning snow flurries.

I hit the trainer for an hour and 47 minutes riding the Greatest London Flat route three laps worth. Good speed this afternoon!

I finally hit Level 24. Only one more level to go in the game. Right around 2,400 riders in the game this afternoon. Lots of fun and fast groups moving around. Tomorrow, back to Watopia and I'm going to try and do an easy flat day there.

75% of the way to a Tron bike, so I'll keep climbing as long as the weather stays crappy. No early Spring this year in Ohio.

I don't usually ride my bike during weekdays, because of my work, maybe tomorrow again, it's weekend so, I have a lot of time to ride my bike, hopefully the weather is fine, because it's summer here, and it's really hot.

29 to 30 degrees this afternoon after morning flurries and a daybreak temperature of 22 degrees. At least it was sunny for most of the afternoon. The wind was a steady 13 to 17 MPH all day.

I hit the trainer for an easy 2 hours and 20 minutes worth of Zwift's Watopia. I rode the Road To Ruins with and extra Jungle Loop thrown in, the Volcano Circuit for 3 laps and 2 laps of the Volcano Flat Route with about 1550' of virtual climbing.

I'll go harder tomorrow and maybe a little longer and try to do a short outside ride if it gets above freezing. The overnight low is going to be about 19 degrees. Cold!

35 degrees and overcast with the wind a mild 3 MPH. It was 16 degrees this morning and a few light morning snow flurries before it started to warm up.

I got on the trainer and did another 2 hour and 24 minute workout. This time The Big Loop over the Zwift Alps. I skipped the Radio Tower, but bombed up the little bit of climb left before descending into the Jungle, then climbed back out and back over to Watopia. Finished up with a few Volcano Circuit Laps and and a Volcano Flat lap.

Even with the climbing and some added miles I was faster today than yesterday. It was a good power workout and a good time! I enjoyed this one.

Nice and warm so after errand I suited up. The wind gusted at about 30 mph when I pushed the bike out of the basement and I looked back at the trainer and thought hell no. It was a windy ride but worth it. Good to be on the road, I stayed in the hills and ravines and avoided the open areas.

24 degrees this morning so 26 miles on the trainer in an hour and 20 minutes. Ran three decent laps of Zwift's watopia Volcano Flat Route with 4,500 people in the game. The game crashed and although the ride was saved on the My Zwift site at 23 point something miles for some weird reason, no miles or XP Points were rung up on the Zwift game score. No climbing feet were rung up either. No biggee. Garmin, Garmin Connect and STRAVA got it saved.

Time to head outside. It got up to 53 degrees with sunshine and the wind picked up to 9 to 15 MPH. Rode the tailwind North on an out and back course and turn in a solid 'Summertime' speed and time for the first 15 miles. Turned back into the headwind and tried to make it work, but I lost 5 minutes on the way back. It was a good effort thought and I felt great on the Emonda.

Came back home and stripped down to the bibs. Put on my track bike shoes and headed back to the trainer to re-ride the screwed up morning workout. Did it over 2 minutes faster! Saved and rung up on the game score page.

Not a bad day with over 75 miles hammered into my legs.

45 degrees and sunny with the wind going 12 to 14 MPH.

15 road miles and 1 hour and 50 minutes on Zwift's London routes. The legs feel good for What I'm putting them through. Leg speed is a bit down, but the numbers are looking plenty good for March.

Yes. I rode lately. As much as possible, I wanted to ride everyday for exercise, to burn body toxins through sweating. I rode this morning since the sun was not that hot.

Holy Star Spangled Banner, Batman! Them's some biggun's!

DSCN1324_zpscmvipvco.jpg
Wow! That was some pretty good view out there. Was that the bike or something just looks so good about the one who's riding that bike.:D:D:D

Glad I got a short road ride in yesterday. Cold at 32 to 37 degrees today with the wind gusting all day. Steady at 17 MPH out of the SE this afternoon as the snow flurries and freezing rain and ice moved in. No accumulation by 8 PM here, but we could get an inch or two overnight. Forecasts were calling for 3" to 6" of wet snow so we may just dodge this last Winter bullet.

I hit the trainer for 1 hour and 51 minutes, blasting around London like a madman. Plenty of fast people on the course. 4,000 riders when I logged onto the game and 1,800 when I checked out.

The thighs burned on the warmup, but came to life about 5 miles into the session. Sprinted up all the little grades and short hills. Carried good speed across the flats. I generally felt like a much younger dude while out on the Greater London Flat route, pounding the daylights out of the track bike.

Going by the weather report I could be stuck inside for another two or three days. Bummer.

Wednesday 03/21/2018: Woke up to 2" of fresh snow with light flurries all day.

I hit Zwift for 1 hour and 50 minutes doing the Volcano Climb, 2 laps of the Volcano Flat Route, 3 laps of the Volcano Circuit and a little more riding on the Esses.

Just a nice steady tempo ride with a few blitzes thrown in.

Roads are a mess with the snow melting away. The sun was out and the wind was a steady 13 to 16 MPH.

I hit the trainer for 2 hours on Zwift. Did the Road To Ruins, 2 laps of the Volcano Flat Route and 2 laps of the Volcano Circuit.

It was a hard tempo this afternoon after a short warm up climbing to the Jungle. Lots of jumps on the gas pedal jumping for and trying to stay with faster riders.

A large workout group that was 7 miles into their workout and had already fragmented into multiple bunches of riders started to sweep by me 1-1/2 miles into the the start of my session.

I wasn't warmed up at all when I saw an old team mate's name on the Nearby Riders board. He was 3 seconds arrears of me and I gave him a Ride On! No reply. I signaled to him with a couple of hand waves (Shift + F2) as he closed in behind me.

I did my best to gas it and match their pace, but they were making 1 to 1.5 more Watts/Kg than me and I just wasn't warmed up enough to stay with them. Texted him later in the ride, still no reply. I'll get him this evening on Facebook.

A fun ride! Lots of hard riding and I feel great after the effort.

34 degrees and sunny with the wind at 10 to 12 MPH. The roads are still wet with melting snow and runoff water.

I hit the trainer for 2 hours and 10 minutes. Rode Zwift's Watopia Island and did the Volcano Climb, the Hilly Loop, the Volcano Flat for 2 laps and the the Volcano Circuit for 2 laps.

A good, steady effort with some longer stretches of tempo work with other riders thrown in here and there. No records fell, no personal records, but some solid work done.

No sign off Spring in Ohio yet despite the Robins freezing their feathers off for the last two weeks.

44 degrees and partly sunny today with the wind at 8 to 12 MPH.

Started out with 1-1/2 hours on the trainer. Five months into Zwift I finally hit Level 25. Top Dog...woopee. The indoor season is about over, thankfully!

I did a PR on the KOM climb partially paced by..A RUNNER! Yes, a guy running up the 11% ramp is as fast a many riders. I stayed beside him for about 20 seconds and after finally dropping him as the grade eased I stepped on the gas for all my weak legs were worth.

I also set a new PR for the Volcano Circuit lap.

Both were done with about 25 miles in my legs and no break over the last 30 days or more. I'm feeling pretty good as Spring might actually get here in a week or two. Still looking at overnight lows in the high 20's and low 30's for at least the next full week. Day time highs will be getting around 50 on some days and rain is supposed to arrive on Tuesday.

Next, a quick 16-mile road ride. Dropped a gear from Summer ratios to spin off the track bike legs. The roads are just trashed with grit. Grit, grit and more grit. Cornering is an exercise in slow and cautious approaches, tip toeing through the sand, dirt, grit and salt and getting on the gas too hard only causes the tire to slip and spin. Nasty stuff.

I worked it here and there, but there was really no point to it. Nothing can be sustained for long before slowing has to be done to avoid sliding and crashing out. Fun to smell the fresh air and feel the wind after a week of being forced inside!

Freezing 60 degrees over here today! :D Yes I still ride, not as much only 274 miles so far this year. Thanks to ****ing people who want to party, do drugs and know they have failing health and health problems. Like a dylaysis patient who thinks he doesn't need to do his dialysis because smoking dope is a miracle cure for health issues because he read it on facebook.

Yeah, people want to party then ****ing disrupt your life when you have to go to the ****ing hospital everyday and watch you die little by little. Like in a coma for 3 months. Stupid ****ing people who have medical issues should not party, smoke dope and abuse alcohol just to have a good time because you're putting a burden on the rest of our lives, and I'm not very good at pretending that I care for people who don't ****ing care.

We take care of ourselves for what? So others can go out ,have a good time, get wasted, have fun then we can take care of you cause you're too stupid to know after you have been told since the day your were born?

OK, rant over! :D

30 solo miles on the San Gabriel River Trail. Freaking road is like climbing stairs on the return section of the trail. o_O

DSCN0007.JPG
DSCN0001.JPG

Reactions: rm57 and CAMPYBOB
Video from a couple weeks back. We've been riding a different trail as our usual is being torn apart repairing all the damage the homeless have caused. Like thousands of needles and syringes stuck in the ground.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: rm57
Mr. B! You're alive!

60 degrees and you guys have more on than me in 42 degrees today!

I heard they were kicking the homeless off your regular trail...finally.

38 degrees and sunny here in Ohio. The snow is still melting away slowly. The wind is nuts at 12 to 20 MPH today.

I just finish 2 hours on Zwift doing the Three Sisters Route with about 2,800' of virtual climbing.

Humble brag: I set a new PR on the Epic KOM. I felt pretty good about that one. Great average speed and decent power everywhere on the course. 3,500 riders in the game this afternoon.

Well, off to do a short outdoors ride in that damned wind and cold air.