Did You Ride Today?

Local 10 mile easy stretch, 820 ft gain.

I don't care what anybody says about taking the lane, I'm taking 2 of these MOFOS !!! :D

20180419_184726.jpg

Yesterday, 04/19/2018 was cold with morning snow flurries and wind going hard. It got up to 38 degrees or so.

I did 1 hour and 53 minutes on Zwift killing it. A good, hard workout with all four fans running on high speed from 20 minutes into it. Good RPM's! Pulled a bunch of people around and only one rider passed me coming up out of the jungle on the Road To Ruins route.

Did a couple laps of the Volcano Flat route and 3 laps of the Volcano Circuit.

Only 1850 to 2200 riders in the game as the weather improves a bit and everyone is tired of indoor training sessions.

Friday, 04/20/2018: It got up to 48 degrees when I threw a leg over and headed out. The wind was going 12 to 13 MPH, but it felt heavier than that. Some of the gusts were damned strong.

The sun was out though! Perfect! Let's Ride!

22 miles and 1250' of climbing, most of it fairly short and pretty steep.

Still cold enough I kept the pace moderate. Even my fastest descent was only 37 MPH. Nothing to rush through, I enjoyed the ride even though it was short in duration.

There's still a lot of road grit on the pavement and they've only just started patching up the potholes.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
It got up to 48 degrees when I threw a leg over and headed out.

It was 60 yesterday when I rode with a 12% chance of rain. Show you how us California people are, there weren't 'any' other cyclists around! Bunch of California cry babies! :D

Reactions: zipp2001
53 degrees and partly cloudy with the wind a mild 5 MPH.

34 Miles with 1200' of climbing. Just a medium tempo for the most part...still a bit too cold for me to throttle up a lot. Dressed right with one light long sleeve base layer and a short sleeve jersey over that. Shorts, tights and light long finger gloves kept me plenty warm.

I ran into an old team mate on the Northern end of the loop route I was doing and we shot the breeze for about 15 minutes.

Great ride! Felt good to be outside.

52 miles at 17.6 average speed today. Had a couple buds jump in and ride with us. Been eating healthy last couple of weeks, more exercise and today I really felt the difference on the bike. Rode my old 1998 Cannondale again.

Mike and I aiming for 50

DSCN0060A.JPG

Ran into Alex who took a massive turn at the front at a good clip.

DSCN0061A.JPG

Dude in green was voted most handsome on the trail today! :D

DSCN0063A.JPG

Last 12 miles this dude asked if he could ride with us. Yeah sure. He said he only had 10 miles in at this point. At the 50 mile point I got tired and told the guy he could ride on ahead as I had to slow a bit to recover. He said no problem, held back with us then towed us in the last mile or so. Wow, most dudes out her suck wheel then sprint around when they see you get tired. This dude was pretty cool!

DSCN0064A.JPG

It was 60 yesterday when I rode with a 12% chance of rain. Show you how us California people are, there weren't 'any' other cyclists around! Bunch of California cry babies! :D

60 degrees that would be a welcomed change from what we've had this spring.

Another 32 miles today at 17.0 average speed.

Today's weather report image: Sunny, warm but a chilly breeze. :p

DSCN0073.JPG

65 degrees and sunny today with the wind at 9 to 13 MPH.

52 miles with 2700' of climbing. The wind wasn't all that bad, but the first two legs of the circuit were painful. 1400' of climbing in the first 20 miles. but the wind was what hurt more. Caught a big tailwind for 8 miles and sailed along at a good clip. Last leg for home was a cross-tail wind so only three decent climbs and a half-dozen short little ones to get over.

A nice workout that that should have been done a month ago had not Winter hung on so long.

The 4000+ miles on Zwift this Winter plus the miles on Rouvy and the few road miles I got in have me more than prepared to hit the road for the long rides. Need to work on power and leg speed and get sharp again.

Two days in a row without rain or high wind. Good stuff. Now for more sun but I ain't complaining. Just happy to be on the road without a windshield.

Yesterday's ride...could not post yesterday.

Just 18 miles under overcast sky as the rain is moving in for the next two or three days.

It was windy at 10 to 15 MPH and gusts to 25 MPH, but even as it clouded up I felt lucky to get a ride in. Only 500' of climbing on a gently rolling loop.

And once again this website is not keeping me logged in. I have to log on every time I access it.

Rain all day as it struggled to hit 53 degrees. The wind was 10 MPH.

I hit the trainer for an intense 1 hour and 44 minutes on Zwift. Higher RPM work and no let up from start to finish. There was only 1850 riders in the game so mostly a solo ride and I was gunning for everyone in front of me. The more I put behind me the happier my legs were.

Up and over Box Hill just off my PR time a hair and kept the power on all the into, through and back out of London for the Greatest London Flat lap to finish off the ride.

4 days off Zwift and the legs really came around.

That was fast...

Light rain from before sun up until around 4 PM.

I jumped on the trainer and there was only 1800 rider in London. As I headed off for a quick warmup I spotted an old team mate 46 seconds behind me and closing fast.

No time for a long warmup so I punched it a few times to try and get the legs to respond after yesterday's high tempo session. 2 miles into it he was 22 seconds back so I eased off and let him catch me. He must have also spotted me in the Nearby Riders list and he slowed as the meters between us ticked down.

I jumped hard as he pulled around me and it was on like Donkey Kong! We traded off taking pulls and only one guy passed us in the next 12 miles. He messaged me that he had to bail and take his kids to soccer. My legs were hurting pretty good and I continued a good tempo until an hour and 35 minutes had passed.

Set two sprint PR's after he left the game so the legs were still alive for a little while longer! Another fun workout on Zwift and hopefully we get outside tomorrow.

60 degrees, sunny and the wind a light 3 to 9 MPH. Perfect! Let's ride!

23 miles with 1250' of climbing at a medium tempo. The legs were cooked from the last two days on Zwift. I kept the throttle at 80% maximum and most of the steep stuff was under that.

Felt great to be in the sunshine and throwing the bike around with no trainer attached to it. I'm still mostly in tights, but a short sleeve jersey and fingerless gloves kept the sweat to a minimum. Abeautiful afternoon to get in a short, fun session!

39 degrees. A cold mist in the air. The wind going 10 to 15 MPH.

I'm still a hard man of the North!

Just 17 miles at a good tempo. Spinning fast to stay warm. No shoe covers in a Belgian Spring. Only 425' of easy climbing. Still better than Zwift.

20180428_135012.jpg
A bit breezy today. Rode my old 1998 Cannondale alone, 46.5 miles at 16.9 average speed. Forgot my jersey dammit! Good thing I had my under layer. :D

Reactions: CAMPYBOB