Did You Ride Today?

The old cannondale brings back memories for me. I used to have a red one from about the era.

75 degrees and sunny today with the wind a mild 5 to 7 MPH.

35 miles with 1800' of climbing over a rolling loop with a couple decent little walls to scale. The legs are coming around a little. Still no hard snap and power levels are only moderate to good, but I feel great out on the open stretches. Using a fist full of gears to stay spinning and rocking it up the 12% stuff with just a little swing and sway! Good times!

Pounded over the valley floors while staying relaxed. Worked on the drops and just let the RPM's flow. Nothing too forced yet. A fun ride with lots of sunshine and a nice warm feeling in the muscles.

80 degrees and sunny today. The wind was up at 17 to 20 MPH steady and running into that was painful.

I just did 23 miles with 1250' of climbing. A nice cruise through Amish country, checking out the livestock, Amish families in buggies and on carts, watching the tractors work the dirt down and seeing a farm and couple of houses with new real estate agency signs in the front yards.

A couple long'ish, steep climbs and a few short, steep little walls. The legs were a little tired, but the miles were worth the effort.

Went out for 25 miles and had to suffer for the first 11 miles until the legs decided to come to life. I just couldn't turn over the pedals and felt like I was in quicksand. Once they came around it was all good and turned out to be a fun ride.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdnEhABuhdk

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
72 degrees and sunny after a wet morning and heavy rain. The roads dried quickly in the wind! 10 to 12 MPH steady and gusts to 21 MPH this afternoon at ride time. The wind felt a little higher that that though. It was hard work powering into it.

Only 19 miles with a light 450' of climbing. It took some effort to ride into the wind at anything close to tempo and I sailed along fast and easy with it at my back!

A fun ride, even if just a short sprint around the block.

77 degrees and sunny with the wind ripping at 12 to 15 MPH and gusts going over 25 MPH. Another windy day.

With a blown weather report calling for rain this morn that never materialized. The sun was out and I hit the fields running. After the work was done there was really some hard rain headed this way. I jumped on the bike and put in a fast 24 miles with my head down into the stiff wind gusts.

The sky was still sunny when I made the last turn for the car, but rain drops were hitting the windshield as I pulled back into the driveway!

The neighbor was still on his tractor and making a fast run for his barn as I unloaded the bike and gear.

No sooner than I had jumped in the shower...it started to pour. Hard. It's rained on and off for the last two hours with several hard downpours.

It was a short, hard work session and it beats Zwift every time!

71 degrees. Hard rain before sunrise and the light rain in the early morning hours.

I hit the trainer for an hour and a half riding Zwift's Watopia Road To ruins, the Volcano Circuit and the Volcano Flat.

Fast and fun! Showered up and headed to Mother's Day cookout.

Rode this weekend for first time in a while. I pedal every day to work. 24 miles roundtrip. 12 months a year. Not a lot but provides a good workout given crazy traffic hazards and rollers the whole way. Keeps my base solid. SO on the weekends I like to do other activities. But, Teaching my girlfriend to road ride so we did around 40 miles.

70 degrees, warm and morning and afternoon moderate rain. Wind a mild 7 MPH.

With the roads wet and deep puddles everywhere I hit the trainer for an hour and forty minutes on Watopia. Fastest ride I've put in and doing it on the track bike was hard. High cadence and no let up from start to finish. A good workout and I'll feel that one tomorrow!

The entire week has high percentages for rain. I need to mow and ride outside! Where's the sunshine?

I hope this isn't going be another cool, wet Summer, like last year was.

Meh. More rain this morning.

It stopped, the roads mostly dried off and the sun came out while I mowed grass in the afternoon. Mowing two and three days a week with all this rain, then sun, then more rain stuff! Sucks!

I jumped on the bike for a short 18-mile loop after mowing.

The wind was low at only 8 MPH, but the sky clouded up as more rain moved into the area. I ended up passing South of me so no big deal.

I took a quick warmup and rolled a steady tempo to get back to the car before the weather could decided to **** on me.

Almost a repeat of yesterday!

72 degrees and overcast after a light morning rain and a light afternoon shower. The roads dried off and with the wind a mild 6 MPH I set off on a loop that took me 24 miles around Amish country.

A steady fast tempo with a few intervals thrown in and 600' of light climbing made for a fun workout!

More rain for tomorrow and probably for the next four days!

80 degrees and sunny! The wind was 10 to 11 MPH steady.

I got 44 miles in over rolling terrain with 1600' of climbing. The endurance is coming along and I was able to hold the gears and keep the pedals turning over at a good clip today.

A really nice ride!

Morning rain...sunshine...afternoon rain...more sunshine...evening rain...roads kept trying to dry out and the humidity was so high they never did stand a chance of full drying.

I hit Zwift for 2 hours and did the Big Loop with the Epic KOM climb. A fun workout. Went so deep I still have not completely recovered almost 5 hours after getting off the bike. I just walked a lap of the farm and my legs are shot.

I set no records on the ride, but passed a lot of folks going up the Zwift Alps and coming up out of the Jungle no one passed me before I descended back onto Watopia. I felt strong right up until getting off the trainer. Then, I realized what the effort had done. Ouch. Getting old sucks!

70 degrees and threatening sky after a pre-dawn downpour. I slept like a baby, but the neighbor told me it rained most of the night.

I went to Wallyworld while the morning breeze tried to dry the wet pavement and picked up a 5th fan for the trainer rig. At 66 degrees in the basement currently, even with the dehumidifier and AC going it's getting damn warm even without a jersey on. Bar taped soaked with sweat (under-wrapped with electrical tape for corrosion resistance), constant towel wipes for the face, etc.

The roads dried off around 1 PM and by 2 PM I was outside and moving at a medium tempo and keeping one eye on the black clouds overhead. I got brave and bucked the light headwind for 15 miles before turning East to stretch the ride a little more. Ended up just under 40 miles and the last 5 miles or so the sun finally broke through and the clouds lightened to white and cleared out a bit.

A nice quartering tail wind shoved me back to the car. It worked out well and no rain!

Weather.com is saying 40% chance of afternoon thunderstorms for tomorrow and WeatherUnderground is still saying a 60% chance. Let's hope they're both wrong!

80 degrees and from a sunny early afternoon it went to partly cloudy just as I jumped aboard the Wilier. The wind was a mild 5 to 9 MPH and I set sail on a 23-mile circuit with 825 feet of climbing.

I climbed and then descended into the first little town and picked up the tempo as I hit the next little village and tried to break the speed limit as I went through with a light tailwind.

The third town has a brick main drag and I went through all three green lights so fast I could feel every loose brick move under my Michelin's and hear every click and clink as one brick tapped the next one.

Back out of town in the blink of an eye and roaring over the short, steep wall that leads out into the open countryside again. I banged the little ring and down one in the back and danced that faux Eyetalian bike over the crest and headed for glory down the **** poor chip & seal patch job for the truck, still 6 miles up the road.

A fun little ride!

The road bike finally got out and about for a nice rolling 26 miles. The temp was low 80"s with a 8-10 mph wind and once the legs and back got loose it was a fun ride.

I didn't beat yesterday, but I did beat the rain!

80 degrees again today, but the weather was going South in a big hurry. The wind was already above 15 MPH steady with gusts nearing 20 MPH when I threw a leg over with the sky overcast and looking none too good.

I vowed to myself to stick close to the car as the forecast said the rain was about an hour and a half from the area.

I let myself get 5 miles from the car as I constantly scanned the Western horizon and watched the thunderhead clouds roll in...impressive. But, then it got really dark blue really quickly and the bad stuff was coming in, unseen, over the hills to my North! ****!

Time trial mode in winds that now were running a steady 18 to 25 MPH with gusts of up to 37 MPH! Head down and turning over any gear that would give me some more speed I headed for the car from one direction with a a nasty storm racing me from the opposite direction.

Tommy D. and Mr. Yates had nothing on my ITT ride today! I made it back to the car with minutes to spare. The sky opened up with 1/2" of hard rain and the thunder rolled and the lightning lit up the suddenly black afternoon.

15 minutes later it was over and the sun came out!

Only 12 miles and only 325' of climbing, but the speed work was probably pretty awesome on the way back!

Last edited:
Reactions: zipp2001
Did my lake route into New Hampshire for the first time since last October when I rode with Diamond Dave. Almost 2/3 of the ride was on roads in New Hampshire that were as good as it gets. Of course reality sets in once I cross back into Massachusetts. 81 degrees and 25.68 miles of fun.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhOAzmjFUrg

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
What a difference 24 hours makes!

Perfect weather! Warm at 74 degrees and sunny with the wind a very mild 3 MPH! Perfect! Let's ride!

23 miles of steep hills good for 1200' of climbing.

After yesterday's do or die ITT back to the car I wasn't sure how my tired legs would respond. They did good! Equaled my usual 'fastest time' over the 3-leg out & back course. Not a PR, but darn close. I must have recovered better than I thought.

I had to run a gear down up two of the climbs, but I kept getting back up to speed easily at the crest of all the climbs. A great little weekday workout followed by 45 minutes of weed whacking.