Did You Ride Today?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Mr. Beanz, Nov 19, 2015.

1. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Killer workout! I made 600 Watts average for the first three 20-minutes periods of the ride and then lit the afterburners to output 800 Watts average over the last 20 minutes of the workout! I know I did this because a training manual said I did! Hell, all us well trained old farts can easily hold 800 Watts if the terrain is flat! If I would only have mounted some tubeless tires I'm certain I could have made 601 Watts!

Ok. Back to reality...

76 degrees today. Warmer, but still seriously overcast and dark clouds again were passing by low and kind of looking like it could open up and rain at any minute. The wind was listed at 6 MPH, but was closer to 'calm' going by what I felt on any heading.

Just a short 22-mile climbing ride with just under 1200' of vertical.

A decent effort considering the legs were still not fully back yet.

Sounds like a 40%-45% chance of rain from sun up to dark tomorrow. Bummer. Might be outside. Might be in the basement.

zipp2001 likes this.

2. CAMPYBOB

81 degrees with humidity so high it was ready to rain at any minute. I had to pull a fast U-turn when I ran into it about 8 miles into the ride. The wind was again fairly calm at 5 to 6 MPH.

Dark clouds were rolling low overhead again this afternoon. It just plain looked like rain despite the computer sites saying only a 10% chance and the radar showing the all clear. Whatever!

Started off easy and warmed up on a flat course right towards some nasty looking clouds. a few miles later I found out those clouds dumped all over what was going be the Northern legs of my route. And with the humidity high the roads weren't going to dry off any time soon.

With thunder rolling in the distance I pulled that U-turn and headed back the way I came. No more rain and the sun even came out just as I finished up 28 miles and just under 800' of climbing on a fairly flat course.

Yeah, it's been that kind of Summer. Wet. Warm. Humid.

Still, it sure beats riding the trainer!

3. CAMPYBOB

83 degrees, warm, humid and sunny! A beautiful day!

I jumped out for an easy 12-mile cruise. Just keeping the legs fresh for tomorrow or Sunday. Only 350' of easy climbing. Just another fun run through the Amish countryside.

4. CAMPYBOB

Saturday 09/15/2018:

83 degrees and sunny! The wind at 9 to 12 MPH and very humid.

A nice 34-mile ride with 1400' of climbing.

5. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

800 watts. That beats my 221 which is low for me but I have been about 20 watts off as of late. Florence but a damper on yesterday but it's better than the flooding the coast got.

CAMPYBOB likes this.
  6. CAMPYBOB

Sunday 09/16/2018:

Again, 83 degrees and sunny and again winds at 9 to 12 MPH.

44 miles with just under 1800' of climbing.

7. CAMPYBOB

Well, cyclintom told me his 'Training Manual' says us old farts have some real serious power!

Rain from Flo reached us this morning and we got about an inch today with more expected all night, tonight. Tomorrow is called as partly cloudy.

I'll hit the trainer for Zwift this afternoon on some dead legs.

8. CAMPYBOB

83 degrees and sunny. Humidity really up there again. The wind at 7 to 10 MPH. Perfect! Let's ride!

Just had time for a 23-mile session and I made up in effort for what it lacked in length. Full gas out of the starting blocks. No warm up, just hit it and don't look back. Power up for as long as I could hod it together. Fast, short recoveries and then right back on cam.

I like that type of workout. Punch, punch, punch and just keep it under Kaboom level threshold.

Only 600' of climbing over a flat'ish course with lots of turns and stops to test acceleration and getting it back up to speed quickly.

A fun ride full of sweat and smiles.