Did You Ride Today?

When riding the London World routes Zwift follows the English rules of the road. We ride on the LH side of the road. Roundabouts are...weird. Watopia, Innsbruck, Richmond, Virginia, Alpe d'Huez are all ridden on the RH side of the road.

Reverse of yesterday. Double workout today, but the indoor trainer session is going to precede the outside ride.

Just finished up an hour and half on Zwift, Watopia's Road To Ruins and a Volcano Circuit.

I saw 'U' was also riding Zwift this morning. We did almost identical mileage but he was moving faster. I set out just easing up the climb into the Jungle, trying to save the legs for heading outside. That worked until the climb out of the Jungle.

With 2660 riders in the game things were heating up quickly and it was a 2-mile drag race up the first shallow climb and I was spun out all the way up the 4%-5% second climb back to the descent to the Spruce Goose.

Back onto Watopia and the groups were flying. Got clobbered by two seriously fast bunches. I sprinted until there was no more gear left, but they left me to eat their dust. Hung out with a few smaller groups and circulated around until we broke up.

Legs felt that one.

Off to ride in the chilly real world in a few. It just came up to 50 degrees and mostly cloudy. The sun was out for a few minutes, earlier, but it's back to depressing looking sky for now. No chance of rain. Perfect! Let's ride!

52 degrees and sunny when I shoved off and 55 degrees and sunny when I finished. Not Bad!

The wind was anywhere from 3 to 10 MPH, but as long as the sun's shining...Perfect! Let's ride!

34 miles with right around 1200' of climbing. The legs were flat from the morning trainer session, but they held up well.

Not quite 60 miles for the day and the conditioning is holding up well so far.

52 degrees and rain all day. Wind at 15 to 16 MPH and gusts to 24 MPH.

I hit the trainer for an hour and forty-five minutes riding Innsbruck's Innsbruckring course. I can see Innsbruck is going to be the next Richmond...fast and perfect for racing.

Only 1600 riders in the game, but most were hauling ass this afternoon. Lots of competition and the groups were rapidly forming and disintegrating with lots of interval work. It was hammer and recover, hammer and recover and then blast up the climb and try to pass more riders than passed me.

A fun workout, despite it being Innsbruck. For what the World is, I can see it definitely complimenting Richmond. The only bad thing is they are using Innsbruck on Monday, recovery day, just like Richmond and neither have been ideal for recovering with all the fast action going on!

Time to use the World Hack and go off to London or Watopia for a little peace and quiet and some slower rolling.

51 degrees and sunny with stiff winds running 15 to 17 mph.

Only 15 quick miles before I had to bail out to attend the meeting I’m in right now.

Only 425’ of climbing, but some fun was had.

Posting from a phone sux.

47 degrees and overcast with the wind at a steady 12 to 14 MPH with gusts to 22 MPH.

Perfect! Let's ride!

Another short 18-mile loop with 575' of easy climbing. Daylight was running short so it was boogie time from start to finish. A bit rushed, but the workout in the wind felt good.

And the sun came out for a few minutes right before the ride was over. A really nice sunset followed.

47 degrees when I threw a leg over and 44 degrees when I shut her down. Cool, but at least a little sunshine to keep the work on the fun side of life. The wind was supposedly only 6 to 10 MPH, but it was gusting a swirling and felt stiffer than that. One second it felt like there was no wind, a cross wind the next couple of seconds and then maybe a hard blast in the face. Weird.

I flew the coop early and sprinted out the door with the bike and managed to get 26 miles in with a little better than 1300' of climbing on the steep stuff. A fun ride and a decent workout.

On the return leg the road was literally plastered with horse ****. Then I passed a could buggies and saw a couple Amish gals walking down the RR tracks toward the road. A couple miles ahead I looked down an Amish farm lane there must have been better than 50 buggies and a shitload of English drivers' vehicles parked by the house and barn. Must have been a wedding there this evening.

All the way into the headwind on the home bound 3-mile stretch were more Amish buggies and pedestrians headed that way. A pretty cool sight to see them all dolled up in their Flandrian Finest!

Got back to the farm and cleaned the chain. Might be outside tomorrow, but Saturday is looking like **** weather with cold and rain. There's a slight chance of snow on Sunday. Yay! And the phone just banged out a weather article saying NOAA is predicting a mild Winter with less snow than normal thanks to El Nino. I'll take that, if it's true!

Warmer! 57 degrees when I headed out and 53 degrees when I got back to the truck. The sky was party sunny this morning, but seriously overcast when I got rolling. Wind was at a steady 9 MPH.

Mainly a rolling 23-mile loop with two stiff little walls on it. One has a nice 47 MPH descent off the other side! Bonus!

Just rolled through this trying to save the legs for tomorrow's trainer session. Did I mention rain? As in rain all night tonight and rain all day tomorrow? Yeah. It's gonna suck. Again.

Anyway, it was a great ride today! Fun was had and the wind had me working hard with a flat back for a few miles. Just under 850' of climbing.

56 degrees for a high today after rain last night and early this morning. Mid day winds were already at 15 MPH steady with gusts of 23 MPH.

I hit the trainer early and rode the new New York City Central Park world. It was released a couple three days ago, but the weather was plenty good enough for outdoor work.

I can see this is going to be another Richmond / Innsbruck...fast. Perfect for crit and circuit racing.

It's actually plenty hilly with lots of 3% and 4% rises with some of the short, steep stuff at 7% to 10%. The glass road climb is tough and hits 17%! Yeah, it's painful.

The graphics are just awesome! The 25 Km's of new roads are set in a New York City 100 years in the future...glass elevated roads you can see through...flying cars...futuristic buildings...all blended with a Central Park with Autumn leaves and hotdog stands. Did I mention the horse drawn carriages that levitate and have hollowgram horses? There's even a 'Baseball Fury' gang member from the movie "The Warriors".

Ended up doing an hour and forty-seven minutes worth at a pretty good clip. With all the short descents and power climbing it was difficult to time my attacks...not know the courses at all yet. A fun and painful workout, for sure! Ended up doing just under 2,400' of virtual climbing. That's considerable when compared to the speeds and distance. Most of the climbing is fast and over with in a hurry if you can pound it all the way over the top.

Central Park is going to be fun this Winter! There was 2,400 riders in the game when I was on and everyone was flying. With 5,000 or 6,000 riders jammed onto only 25 Km's of roads this Winter it's going to be like Richmond...a continuous parade of passing riders and getting passed!

I came up from the trainer and was going to pull on tights, a base layer and a jersey if the weather had improved, but no sooner than I fired up the phone to check the weather...1/4" to 3/8" hail started and rain followed! Oh well!

Colder tomorrow with a little more rain in the forecast with some wet snow possible.

35 degrees and light snow in the air this morning! The wind is at a steady 10 MPH and the sky is overcast and dark gray.

I hit the trainer for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Again, NYC's Central Park. The Park Perimeter Loop this time for 4-1/2 laps worth of high speed fun! Just under 1750' of fake climbing. Again, Zwift designers made the Park a constantly changing up & down series of routes.

It's fantastic for interval training and I learned a little more about the required timing of my efforts today. Have to hit the gas early to stay in the draft and with the pack. Have to carry the RPM's over the top to pick up the descending speed and stay in the bunch, too. Very tactical and you have to anticipate the reactions of those riding near you.

Just under 3,000 riders in the game and it was fast, fast fast. Barely hanging on to some groups, leading others, climbing the little hills like a freight train of riders all trying to be the first to the top.

A fun workout and the legs got fried good.

Dressed now in base layers and tights. Got the shoe covers out and my light balaclava. I'm headed outside to blow snot rockets and spin out my legs. It's warmed up to 37 degrees and we might hit 40 today.

No sun, but I'll look damned good in my new Ray Ban Wayfarer Classics!

A chilly 37 degrees when I set out and 39 degrees when I stepped off. The sky stayed overcast and the wind was still steady at 10 MPH.

24 miles and only my hands were cold. Still using those craptastic Spesh 3-finger wonders I picked up a couple years ago. They're going to get replaced the next decent pair I spot. Back to heavier Thinsulate work gloves for now and I'll use those with liners when the temp drops further.

1200' of climbing on a quick tour of a couple roads I hadn't ridden all season. Couple of steep little hills and one stupid dog to dodge.

The cold air seriously opens up the sinuses!

The legs responded well after that fast trainer session and even the climbing felt easy. Felt a few cold drops when it drizzled for a few minutes twice, but no snow was seen!

A little warmer tomorrow and maybe another outside ride.

It was a beautiful day! 57 degrees and sunny when I threw a leg over! The sky was only partly cloudy and the wind was a steady 8 to 14 MPH. Perfect! Let's ride!

22 miles with only 650' of light climbing and the wind was the only thing making it work. Stayed low on the drops and worked well into it and was sailing along with it behind me.

Another fun ride with daylight fading fast!

Reading the posts got me like really badly want to go out into the chaos outside and just straight ride it down=D
I couldn't really imagine going cycling everyday or every other day. I really do love bikes, but meh idk.
so no, i did not ride today.... yet! perhaps I will :)

Reading the posts got me like really badly want to go out into the chaos outside and just straight ride it down=D
I couldn't really imagine going cycling everyday or every other day. I really do love bikes, but meh idk.
so no, i did not ride today.... yet! perhaps I will :)
Very few people can ride every day. Even recovery rides in the 12 mph zone aren't enough to allow a normal person to recover. I'm still riding 4 times a week with one of the rides a recovery ride with another bunch of old farts who will still kick the speed up to 17-20 mph despite one of them having severe arthritis, another 87 year old who tripped leaving his home a couple of weeks ago and broke three ribs as his bike fell on top of him and a third whose wife just had her heart replaced and has to work 5 or more days a week to pay the bills.

When I was working I tried to keep up a four day a week schedule but the distances were much shorter though a lot faster. Today I could probably ride a bike to work but then I was a manager and had to wear a suit.

Internetz was down yesterday and I didn't feel like using the phone to type it out.

47 degrees and overcast when I set out yesterday afternoon with the wind somewhere around 5 to 10 MPH. Windfinder was unavailable so just an estimate.

Still, not a bad day for riding and anything beats being on the trainer! Let's ride!

Only time for a very short 14 mile sprint, but it felt good to air the legs out. The wind must have been up a little because the power went up noticeably moving into it. Only 400' of climbing on a flat'ish loop around the area farms. The combines and tractors were hustling to get the corn and beans off the fields during this dry spell.

44 degrees when I climbed off and it's easy to tell the days are getting shorter already. Dreading the impending time change already, too!

45 degrees and overcast with the wind a mild 5 to 7 MPH.

23 miles with just under 900' of climbing on an easy course. The wind was almost too low to notice and traffic was also almost non-existent. It was a nice, quiet ride with only the chain and my breathing to listen to. And a couple of combines.

Just two decent little hills and the rest were easy rollers.

Saw some Amish kids on their push bikes and passed an Amish that was in his sulky and training a trotter. Spotted several bow hunters out after the whitetail.

Nice afternoon and a pretty cool ride.

Temperatures are dropping earlier and the forecast is for rain moving in tomorrow afternoon. Rain all Friday night. Rain all day Saturday. Rain all day Sunday. Bummer. Sounds like the trainer is going to be home for awhile.

Rain from noon until dark. And this is just the start of the rain. Bummer!

45 degrees with the wind at 10 to 12 MPH

Hit the trainer for 1 hour and 42 minutes on Zwift's Watopia. Did the Road To Ruins, Volcano Circuit and the Volcano Flat Route plus a little free riding. Only 1400 riders in the game, but it was a fast session.

I felt powerless as I dropped down into the Jungle after the climb up from the Spruce Goose, but I managed to pick it up on the two climbs back out. Recovered a little on the descent back onto Watopia and then the hammerfest started.People love to train on the Volcano Flat Route and this afternoon they were either in recovery mode and putzing around or it was full tilt boogie. Jumped around from group to group and had some too close to threshold.

I'll pay for that tomorrow.

After a long 3 months off the bike I got back on. My life dictated by drug addicts ( people who don't give a **** about anybody else and only want to party, get drunk and smoke dope then need you to care for them once they **** themselves up health wise wasting all my ****ing leisure time and thousands of dollars!). But I got back on the bike after 3 months and the legs were noodles. Not that I had been riding much the previous months due to the drug addicts.

But a couple weeks back, the buds and I did a 50 miler at 18.1 average. That was a big plus for me as the first ride back, my legs were noodles after 10 miles of a 30 mile solo ride. Finally feeling good on the bike again!

0bike1.JPG

Did have a chance to pick up a few jerseys. I got this bike shop jersey from a friend's shop to help support the local business. Only $80.

0bike2.JPG

Got these two online, $24 and a $5 gift card, I paid $19 for the second one so I gave it to a friend. Of course 1st time back on the bike in 3 months, he was kicking my ass. But hey, I gave the dude a jersey, he better pull me on the ride and I did tell him I paid full price of $65 for it ha ha.

0bike3.JPG

Gina hadn't been on the bike in almost a year thanks to the dumb ass drug addicts. So I started her out on a short 10 mile loop around the hood in order to get her legs moving again. Funny, she was just cruising on her first ride but set the QOM on the one mile loop/segment. Yes, that is my new Elmo jersey she is wearing.

0bike4.JPG

So a ride on the single then a couple night rides on the tandem over a couple of weeks planning to get her back on the trail for a 25 miler. I felt the tandem getting stronger and stronger over the next couple of rides which meant our legs were coming back.

0bike5.JPG

Of course a little soreness after the ride so a trip to the community pool and jacuzzi was in order. The pool area is right behind our house. Oh yeah, we moved from a condo to a house, good move!

0bike6.JPG

On Saturday, we hit the trail. Did a short 2 mile out and back warm up so the complete ride was near 30. But I started the clock after the warm up so the stats wouldn't look so bad. She got in a nice 25 miler at a 16.0 average speed. Not bad considering we were cruising and holding the pace steady so she wouldn't **** out. She did on the last 1/2 mile but she did much better than I expected considering it was windy.

0bike7.JPG

Aimee hadn't been on the bike over the last year either but she had been working out so she was still stronger than Gina. Gina hadn't done anything thanks to the morons who set our lives back a couple of years. But it was nice to see her ass back on the bike!

0bike8.JPG

I know I have been ramping back up to our usual rides and hopefully I can get Gina back into form. One of the druggies past away from his abuse and lack of will to live. Sad when family members don't give a damn about anyone or anything other than sitting in a room and abusing drugs and alcohol. Abandoning 3 kids and a wife for the love of a beer can and a joint. Won't listen to anybody saying it's their life but when it comes down to it, hospital visits and Gina's kind heart trying to help out the mother, wastes like thousands of dollars trying to be a good person while ****ing up our lives over a couple of years because nobody wants to work or contribute to society. that's my story and I am sticking with it. ****ing bums!

Reactions: steve and zipp2001
Great seeing you back Mr. Beanz ! Looking forward to seeing those snow covered winter trail riding photos this winter from you. Oh wait I guess I'll have to settle for those scantly clad woman photos instead, because you don't get that fun white stuff.
Get those wheels rolling Mr. Beanz and you Gina and family have a Happy Thanksgiving
After a long 3 months off the bike I got back on. My life dictated by drug addicts ( people who don't give a **** about anybody else and only want to party, get drunk and smoke dope then need you to care for them once they **** themselves up health wise wasting all my ****ing leisure time and thousands of dollars!). But I got back on the bike after 3 months and the legs were noodles. Not that I had been riding much the previous months due to the drug addicts.

But a couple weeks back, the buds and I did a 50 miler at 18.1 average. That was a big plus for me as the first ride back, my legs were noodles after 10 miles of a 30 mile solo ride. Finally feeling good on the bike again!

View attachment 3269

Did have a chance to pick up a few jerseys. I got this bike shop jersey from a friend's shop to help support the local business. Only $80.

View attachment 3270

Got these two online, $24 and a $5 gift card, I paid $19 for the second one so I gave it to a friend. Of course 1st time back on the bike in 3 months, he was kicking my ass. But hey, I gave the dude a jersey, he better pull me on the ride and I did tell him I paid full price of $65 for it ha ha.

View attachment 3271

Gina hadn't been on the bike in almost a year thanks to the dumb ass drug addicts. So I started her out on a short 10 mile loop around the hood in order to get her legs moving again. Funny, she was just cruising on her first ride but set the QOM on the one mile loop/segment. Yes, that is my new Elmo jersey she is wearing.

View attachment 3272

So a ride on the single then a couple night rides on the tandem over a couple of weeks planning to get her back on the trail for a 25 miler. I felt the tandem getting stronger and stronger over the next couple of rides which meant our legs were coming back.

View attachment 3274

Of course a little soreness after the ride so a trip to the community pool and jacuzzi was in order. The pool area is right behind our house. Oh yeah, we moved from a condo to a house, good move!

View attachment 3275

On Saturday, we hit the trail. Did a short 2 mile out and back warm up so the complete ride was near 30. But I started the clock after the warm up so the stats wouldn't look so bad. She got in a nice 25 miler at a 16.0 average speed. Not bad considering we were cruising and holding the pace steady so she wouldn't **** out. She did on the last 1/2 mile but she did much better than I expected considering it was windy.

View attachment 3276

Aimee hadn't been on the bike over the last year either but she had been working out so she was still stronger than Gina. Gina hadn't done anything thanks to the morons who set our lives back a couple of years. But it was nice to see her ass back on the bike!

View attachment 3277

I know I have been ramping back up to our usual rides and hopefully I can get Gina back into form. One of the druggies past away from his abuse and lack of will to live. Sad when family members don't give a damn about anyone or anything other than sitting in a room and abusing drugs and alcohol. Abandoning 3 kids and a wife for the love of a beer can and a joint. Won't listen to anybody saying it's their life but when it comes down to it, hospital visits and Gina's kind heart trying to help out the mother, wastes like thousands of dollars trying to be a good person while ****ing up our lives over a couple of years because nobody wants to work or contribute to society. that's my story and I am sticking with it. ****ing bums![/QUOTE

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Great seeing you back Mr. Beanz ! Looking forward to seeing those snow covered winter trail riding photos this winter from you. Oh wait I guess I'll have to settle for those scantly clad woman photos instead, because you don't get that fun white stuff.
Get those wheels rolling Mr. Beanz and you Gina and family have a Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks Man! Yeah I would post those snow pics if I could get them. After all, I get tired of these scantly clad women. :D

You have a good one too Zipp!

Reactions: zipp2001