Did You Ride Today?

It's back up to 9° and sunny with light snow in the air at 9:30 AM.

It is supposed to hit 20° this afternoon. The roads range from merely wet to large puddles of snow melt to slush to glare ice with lots of grit and salt.

No.
Thank.
You.

As JH says, this is no time to ride the road. It's time to hit the slopes or the trainer. I have to make a call to San Diego in a few minutes. I can't wait to hear what their weather conditions are.

It's back up to 9° and sunny with light snow in the air at 9:30 AM.

It is supposed to hit 20° this afternoon. The roads range from merely wet to large puddles of snow melt to slush to glare ice with lots of grit and salt.

No.
Thank.
You.

As JH says, this is no time to ride the road. It's time to hit the slopes or the trainer. I have to make a call to San Diego in a few minutes. I can't wait to hear what their weather conditions are.

The bike path along the coast to Camp Pendleton or a jaunt up to Julian for some pie would be nice.

I rode 47 miles today. Average was horrible, but the wind was a steady 18 and gusting to 30 at times. Cross winds were terrible. I did get some nice tail winds for awhile. I kept pretty warm with 7 and a half layers. The bib tights are the half layer that are over my bike shorts. It wasn't any fun, but at least I didn't have to get on that awful trainer.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I drove up to Julian with my coworker one Saturday. The idiot I was with had something about being back by 12 at the hotel so he could sit by the pool and do nothing. I should have gone by myself. We accidentally found Mt. Palomar. Got up there too early. The observatory gift shop didn't open until 11, but dufus didn't want to wait. The next weekend I went to the zoo. Dufus didn't want to go, and that was a good thing. I got 15% off the $40 ticket from MWR so that wasn't so bad. I got my money's worth with lots of long distance hiking in the zoo. That's an awesome zoo and well worth the visit.

So...no sex because it wrecks the bed?

You know...Menard's has 4' x 6' rubber-backed, carpeted entrance mats that sell for around $20. I find them to be perfect for an inexpensive mat under the trainer and rollers. If you ruin it with sweat...who cares? Put it in the garage under the cas/truck/Harley and let it soak up the dripping oil.

A pair of strategically place 20" box fans will eliminate most of the sweating when used with a towel.

Men often retreat to a trainer located in The Man Cave. You know...the 'no go' zone for the estrogen equipped.

We are roadies. We have rules.
No excuses. Divorces may be expensive, but they're worth it.

Just sayin'.

I stlll love my wife after all these years. We have rules. She rides her horses, and I ride my bikes.

Glad you guys got that settled!

I am almost embarrassed to say that the weather was in the 70s again today in California. Sorry you trainer-bound and winter-whipped cyclists. I rode 37 miles today with a few hills and too many stoplights.

The wife is upset because it has been too wet for her to ride her new horse. When she gets to ride, she is very happy, and I want her to be very happy.

Enjoy all that warm cycling while you can because next year, there is going to be a La Niña, and there is no telling what kind of weather you will experience.

45 minutes on the rollers. Absolutely hammering to the point of almost coming unglued a couple of times. Felt good to kick it hard. High RPM's and kept the heart rate high.

God bless Al Kreitler! He built great stuff.

11 degrees outside this evening and snow flurries are in the air again. Absolutely, positively sucks donkey ballz.

I think I got time for a quick episode of Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road!

C'mon, Onoda-Kun! Let's climb!

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Rasuto iteckki made!

Perfect for pounding pedal to.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't understand a word of that furrin music.

Now, this is great music and comes from a great John Wayne movie, The Horse Soldiers.

I like to ride with this song. In fact, if I have to ride the trainer this weekend, I'm going to play this song.

45 minutes on the rollers. Absolutely hammering to the point of almost coming unglued a couple of times. Felt good to kick it hard. High RPM's and kept the heart rate high.

God bless Al Kreitler! He built great stuff.

11 degrees outside this evening and snow flurries are in the air again. Absolutely, positively sucks donkey ballz.

I think I got time for a quick episode of Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road!

C'mon, Onoda-Kun! Let's climb!

Al who?

Gary Owen is a fine song...to march to. For working out on a bike it's WAY too slow. And a John Wayne movie theme song? Uninspiring when I need to be near 100 RPM's. however, my current mother-in-law would approve...what with it being a John Wayne movie and all.

6° this morning and the cold air has just started to me in. Wind chills well below zero for the next 72 hours and off & on snow. Al Kreitler...meet Kurt, of Kurt Kinetic.

Reclimb...perfect for intervals and hill repeats

Kreitler.

Manufacturer of quality training roller sets for several decades. Recently deceased.

Al with 'Killer'.

Kreitler.jpg

One of Al's products. Guaranteed to cause your heart rate to spike.

kreitler-rollers.png

Guaranteed to eat Watts.

th

This is what roadies stuck in Ohio Winters do.

652274d1320893669-kreitler-rollers-krietler-wattage.jpg

I don't use music to ride with. I can't hear it over the din of the trainer so I count cadence over and over. Then I will turn the knob for the hardest effort, stand in the pedals and pretend I'm in the mountains. I will go until I can no longer stand. Then I will turn down the intensity and sit and spin again. That kind of training truly sucks because time just won't go by fast enough.

Beat the **** out of a pair of Campagnolo Superlegerra track pedals to this and tell me your legs don't scream.

I can't hear it over the din of the trainer

There's this new invention...the iPod. You should try it. Plug in an upgrade set of buds or use headphones for better frequency response. Turn it up to 11.

Count cadence? You're kidding, right?

That kind of training truly sucks because time just won't go by fast enough.

True that.

Beat the **** out of a pair of Campagnolo Superlegerra track pedals to this and tell me your legs don't scream.

There's this new invention...the iPod. You should try it. Plug in an upgrade set of buds or use headphones for better frequency response. Turn it up to 11.

Count cadence? You're kidding, right?

True that.

Headphones with extremely loud music coming out is a known cause of loss of hearing. How else am I going to hear my wife *****ing at me? She already says I'm deaf, now.

LMAO!

I've got my wife trained. She can yell all she wants. Eventually she shuts up when she realizes I've got the tunes cranked or I just turn it up to 12.

I'm Al Bundy on rollers.