Did You Ride Today?

My friend just go cycling to cross several provinces, he is fukin strong man for cycling. I just ride to work sometime......

We saw a lot of Harleys pull into the Burger King after we finished the ride. They were eyeing us with contempt. I felt sorry for those unhealthy fat guys on their hogs smoking those cancer sticks.

I ride a (couple three) Harley. When some wannabee shoots me the eye I just think back to when I was riding scoots years before he was born.

Clueless. And they always will be.

Fortunately, most bro's know the code and 2-wheels is 2-wheels. I have never had problems with bikers beyond that, "Must be a ***!" look. I start talking about my old '47 Knucklehead I've owned since I was 21 and they generally show some respect.

I ride a (couple three) Harley. When some wannabee shoots me the eye I just think back to when I was riding scoots years before he was born.

Clueless. And they always will be.

Fortunately, most bro's know the code and 2-wheels is 2-wheels. I have never had problems with bikers beyond that, "Must be a ***!" look. I start talking about my old '47 Knucklehead I've owned since I was 21 and they generally show some respect.

I've talked to quite a few motorcyclists up in the mountains. There should be a common camaraderie there, but you always have this occasional staring like on Sunday. Nobody said anything, but I noticed it.

I have enough daylight now so I just got back from a short fast ride. Well, fast for me. It looks like bad weather tomorrow evening.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
No professional courtesy left in this world or other realms for that matter.

While in Hades, I did meet a bus full of lawyers that had driven over a large cliff. It was a great tragedy.

There were two empty seats on the bus...

Tish! Boom!! Thank you! Thank you very much!

I have enough daylight now so I just got back from a short fast ride. Well, fast for me. It looks like bad weather tomorrow evening.

Same same. 16 miles this afternoon. Not so much 'fast' as a moderate tempo recovery ride. I talked to the Amish that races me with his nags & sulky. He had a decent looking 2-year old Standard Bred harnessed up...I know I can take him in anything over a mile and an eighth.

It got up to 45 degrees today and the sun made it feel good. The amount of road grit down after the mildest Winter I can remember is insane...my tax dollars not at work. The wind was Still up near 21 MPH when I set off and it dropped down to around 12 MPH by the time I finished up

A golf course is a waste of a good rifle range!

My late father-in-law used to enjoy golf. He didn't like it when I defined golf as a sport where you hit a ball out there, not knowing where it is going to land, but then you have to ride or walk out there just to find it and then if you're lucky enough to find it, you hit it even farther.

Zero WAS some sort of fake Harvard law professor, wasn't he? Hitlary is a lawyer. Billy Bob also has a Yale JD IIRC. They would get front row seats.

Did 43 miles today into the wind. I went out hard as a training interval ride. I won't be doing much distance because I will be doing a practice 200k, either Saturday or Sunday. We're watching the weather. Saturday is supposed to be cold so we're looking at maybe Sunday as the day of truth since it looks to be warmer. Then again, good weather is a **** shoot around here.

I only had time for 12 miles and barely got them in before the rain hit. The last 3 miles were light drizzle and no sooner had I loaded the bike and climbed inside the real rain started. Right on queue and almost to the minute the WeatherUnderground Precipitation Start Time said it would!

It was a flat ride, but the building wind made it a little bit of work. Only 2 miles into it and working what I thought was easy enough into the wind, my heartrate hit 198! Holy Cold Front Headwind Gusts, Batman! I swear I was just cruising easy...not killing it at all.

The good thing was that it was 56 degrees! No balaclava, no shoe covers, light gloves, 2 light layers up top...it felt great to be out.

I mount the camera using different mounts but the one in this video is a K Edge handlebar mount. Just realized the rain a couple weeks ago left my front bolts a bit dry and rusty. Seems I cleaned up the bike well but missed these bolts. Tiem for a wipe down with lube. :p

0kedge1_zpsthu213mq.jpg

0kedge2_zpsnjwekaov.jpg

I do have a rear seat rail K Edge mount seen in my other videos. But I never mount on the fork cause I don't have a mount for that. I've used the chesty mount in my mountain bike videos and a rear facing mount attached to the rear wishbone to capture the rear tire.

Chesty mount facing forward on the climb 1:53
Rear facing wishbone mount view of rear wheel 2:15

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rear seat rail mount

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
cool video!

I did 25 miles yesterday. I started my interval session but after a couple attempts, it wasn't happening. I spun up and over the "mountain" to the coffee shop and came back.

Getting old sucks. Recovery is weird. I just read Friel's "Fast Over 50"....a bit of a waste of time and $20. Here is the punchline...

1. Must keep doing hard efforts and intervals to delay aging
2. Recovery takes longer, thus a 7 day training schedule might need to be 10 days and your periodization schedule might also need to be elongated.