Did You Ride Today?

Quote by JH:
"I see why you enjoy living there Bob, those girls are hot."

Not only are they hot...I can pass most of them!

Some of the Mennonite gals are certified babelicious! The hot Amish babes are few and far between, but their wholesome hotness gives me feelings that will cause me to burn in Hell's fire.

I'm still thinking Mr. B. gets to see more leg in Caleefornya than I get when the Amish girls all roll their dresses up to work in the gardens! Still, they clean up nicely and there's something pervertedly awesome to see a group of Amish 20-something girls all dolled up and walking barefoot to the Amish wedding at the farm a couple miles down the road! Katie bar the door!

Holmes County Trail pics...left lane is for horses...don't ride there. Notice the bike lane is paved with asphalt and the horse lane is rougher chip & seal.

Yeah, JH...you WISH you could follow these hotties up the trail!
upload_2015-12-18_8-35-28.png

upload_2015-12-18_8-37-2.png

Neither the horses nor the Amish can read. There's **** on both sides.
upload_2015-12-18_8-37-54.png

upload_2015-12-18_8-38-58.png

upload_2015-12-18_8-39-53.png

Soon to be...
upload_2015-12-18_8-40-27.png

Raber's Amish Bike Shop...off da grid, yo! It's awesome to see the Pinarello factory tour bus parked there.
upload_2015-12-18_8-42-28.png

upload_2015-12-18_8-43-29.png

Reactions: steve
A lousy 15 miles this afternoon. The temperature went through the basement as it dropped to 28° at dusk with the wind running a steady 16 MPH with gusts to 25 MPH. A light snow fell from the start of the ride until the end.

I did allow a wry smile to cross my face as I climbed off, knowing that today started my 'I Want To Be Like Maydog' season in earnest. I'm just a Jr. Badass in this weather, but worse will come!

At 8 PM it's now down to 26° and headed to 22°. The wind is gusting to 35 MPH and the grass is white. Old Man Winter is finally in Ohio.

I talked to a motorcyclist this morning (30° then) and he had a jacket, gloves and socks that plugged into his BWM road bike's electric system to keep him warm on his way into work. His BMW had heated grips and for longer ride he had heated pants.

I got to get me a pair of heated socks!

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Holmes County Trail pics...left lane is for horses...don't ride there. Notice the bike lane is paved with asphalt and the horse lane is rougher chip & seal.
]

The "Rails to Trails" back there are great.
Riding miles & miles on nice flat trails would be fun.

Are they all paved now or are some still gravel ?

I left PA before they pulled the tracks & made trails.
Great use for thousands of miles of solid roadbeds

Many of our trails are still crushed limestone. I do not ride those. I'm guessing...and it's a wide range...that 50% to 70% of the trails within the N.E. Ohio area are paved and perfect for road bikes on narrow tires.

Sweet
Betting not to many flats either

the road shoulders here have a thousand ways to get your tires,
& are gravel covered from using gravel on the icy roads thru our long winters.
State budgets cut, so rarely get swept.

22 miles yesterday. It was 32° and sunshine at the start and 27° and overcast at the finish with the wind a steady 17 MPH. Easy terrain; only gently rolling stuff. Headed out to meet a friend and do an EZ 30-40 miles this afternoon. It should get up to near 40° today with the wind going 15 MPH out of the South.

So far, December has been a Trainer Free' month! Rain is predicted for three of the next five days so riding time will be limited.

Volnix, I don't know what it is about Amish and shoes, but they have got to have the toughest feet this side of a Kenyan marathon racer.

I have been quite busy lately however today I managed to arrange little time for a ride. It is really cold already although I still enjoyed it.

44 miles with The Boy Wonder in 40° to 37° temperatures. The skies were mostly cloudy and we climbed 1998' and averaged just under 16 MPH. The wind was 13 to 16 MPH and one leg of the ride into the wind was a good effort. Lots of mid-Watt digs and I managed to look good on one tailwind climb. The Boy Wonder never struggled and put the hurt on me over the last four climbs.

44 miles on the tandem today. Gina pooped out on me the last mile or so. Of course all the Christmas shopping she has done this past week is a good reason. It really drags me down so hey, I just don't go and luckily Gina takes care of all the **** for me ha ha! 9 grand kids to shop for. I think figuring out what to get them is the biggest drain ha ha!

Well today we ran into some dude I had seen before. Others say he is pretty obnoxious and I believe it. I have seen him quite a few times at our rest stop at the beach. He sits near but never talks to any of us. When we talk about bike rides he mutters comments under his breath. I talk about climbing up into the mountains, he will mutter something like, "yeah, uh-huh, right!". :rolleyes:

Gina has dropped him pretty hard in the past on her single bike. Not to mention we've blown by him a few times on the tandem. Well today he just happened to be leaving at the same time as us. We went around him and gave him a chance to stay in our draft. He lasted about 3 miles then fell off like a dry bugger ha ha! I did manage to get a good pic of him suffering though! :D

122015A_zpsmcaczrzn.jpg

That's obnoxious dude at the back! OK, now it's time to lift the pace! :D

122015B_zpsavghynmh.jpg

3 miles later I moved off the front to see how he was doing. Hmm, somebody fell behind and was trying real hard to get back on.

122015C_zpsh11j0eyc.jpg

He lasted about another 30 seconds then was toast!:p

122015F_zpse5qaup5u.jpg

I've been home with my parents for Christmas and I left my bicycles on the other side of the country, so it's been just about two weeks since I've even thought about riding! I've been sitting around getting fat on my mom's cooking instead :D

I'm definitely getting a bit antsy to get back on my bike though, especially since there are so many awesome bike trails around here...I've resorted to swimming laps instead to get that energy out, otherwise I think I'd go crazy.

I got out for a few 2+ hour rides this past week. Last Thursday, I did 26 miles at a whopping 13 some mph. I was on my cross bike and the ride was 70% gravel roads at mid 20's temps with a strong 20mph wind. I didn't push none too hard, I wanted to enjoy the ride on farm roads and get a bit of a longer workout.

Saturday I did another 26 miles at about the same pace. It was a mix of 50% paved, 40% gravel and 10% singletrack. I stopped in the middle to swim a few laps at the YMCA. The temps were <20, but it felt warmer than Thursday's ride since there was much less wind.

These rides were a good test for my new Lake 303 winter cycling boots. I bought size 48 wide so I could fit a few pair of wool socks and still have some wiggle room. The boots are very nice, but sadly my toes still get cold. My toes started to get cold after an hour on the Thursday ride, which I guess is pretty good. At the end of the ride, I had lost all feeling but they were not painful. My toes fared much better on the Saturday ride.

I am having trouble uploading to youtube, I have a few clips and a few more pending.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz and steve
Maydog, I think we're both going to have to drop $200 for a pair of those 7V lithium ion heated sox and another 2 bills on the heated gloves. Yeah...half a bicycle worth of dead presidents, but at least we'll be able to feel our fingers and toes!

Nice videos! Very Ohioesque looking area you have.

Off Monday with rain. A quick and easy 16 or 17 (forget) miles yesterday that included a short stop to talk to some local Amish boys. I'm headed out shortly to enjoy the 60° and still climbing temperature! As usual, it's overcast and the wind is up, but it sure beats being stuck in a garage or basement.

31 miles yesterday in 66° record setting temperature. It was 56° this morning and as soon as the roads dry from the overnight rain I'm headed out into the clearing skies, sunshine and 10 to 14 MPH wind. It will be near 60° again today.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Ride!

53.5 miles. Christmas present was the 62° sunshine. 2480' of climbing with only 4 or 5 decent climbs.

Saw an Amish girl mowing the grass around the barn with a huge walk-behind zero turn mower. Mowing on the day before Christmas in Ohio? Unpossible!

It's 50 degrees here so it was a little chilly on my ride yesterday, but this time last year, it was snowing so that should give some perspective! Can't figure out where you guys are from though? Here in Germany, the weather has just been ridiculous these past few weeks.