Did You Ride Today?

Trainer blah, blah, blah. Sorry unispired right now. I need the to be on the road. Well not on it but moving over it.

I feel your pain. Rain here all day today so back in the pain cave I go this afternoon.

53 Minutes. 10 minutes of fast warmup, 20 minutes of faster tempo work and 20 minutes accelerating through to the end. Only three 30-second intervals to top end and hold.

Rain and 41 degrees this afternoon.

42 minutes yesterday afternoon and near max effort. I must be in at least decent Winter condition...only half gassed when I climbed off. 37 degrees and rain from morning until the afternoon. The roads were wet so I stayed inside to get a better workout.

It's 37 degrees this morning and it's drying out. If the predicted afternoon rain stays away there's hope for an outdoor recovery ride this afternoon. Slim, but a chance of riding!

OK...so the legs WERE fried.

65 minutes on the trainer this afternoon. I knew right from the start I was shot. The legs were tight and it took 20 minutes to shake them open. Another 20 minutes at just moderate tempo and finally 20 minutes of decent speed work. Man, there's no resting on that trainer. It's more intense than a lot of races. Every pedal stroke counts and there is no relaxing.

Reactions: zipp2001
It's been a day of rain and snow falling with the wind gusts hitting 35 MPH so another day stuck in trainer Hell. A medium tempo almost a recovery ride. The legs felt better than they had the right to and I kept it to 43 minutes.

34 degrees outside and it looks nasty. Some light now tonight, some more light tomorrow and some more light snow on Sunday. ****.

Snow and ice falling from the sky all day. Only about 1 to 2 inches of accumulation, but that sent me to the trainer for 63 minutes worth of fun. The wind was running 12 to 14 MPH with the windchill sitting about 22 degrees and the wind gusts kicking up to 22-23 MPH.

I started out with a good warm up and was hitting max heart rate with 15 minutes to go and breathing like an old, broken down steam locomotive.

28 degrees and the roads are a mess. 51 minutes on the trainer at medium tempo withe 20 minutes of intervals at the end. Boring.

It was 28 degrees, overcast with the wind going 13 MPH steady. There was snow flurries in the air. The roads are covered with salt, grit, mud and cinders. Perfect! Let's ride!

The roads finally dried out enough to hit the pavement. Just an easy cruise of 13 miles with all of 230' of climbing. It was almost pleasant and had been 7 days since I was outside on a bike. Nice! When I got back to the car my bike tires had white center stripes from all the salt the road crews have put down over the last week or so.

The forecast is calling for a little snow this evening and overnight then more flurries tomorrow. Maybe 2" maximum, but enough to screw up the roads for another few days.

Decided to skip the trainer today and go play in the cold with the single speed. Put in 15 tough miles in 35 degree weather with a nice biting 6-8 mph wind. Great workout and hoping to see the road again soon.
Overall the past week was good 6 days on the treadmill and 3 on the trainer.

22 degrees and about 1/2" of snow last night with flurries on and off during the dalight hours.

I hit the trainer for 42 minutes. I jumped away from some imaginary starting line and kept the tempo hot until the end. Yesterday's road ride was a great recovery ride, evidently. I'll feel this one tomorrow...

36 degrees today, but an inch of snow this morning followed by freezing rain and plain old rain.

I hit the trainer for another 42 minutes of pain. It was supposed to be a light workout, but I was feeling good and railed it from start to finish with a some sprints thrown in.

This week is not looking good for getting outside and riding.

35 degrees with some light snow and rain mix in the morning. The roads were still plenty wet so I hit the trainer for 42 minutes. Just a medium tempo spin session, keeping the Watts steady with some easy surges. Nothing serious.

26 degrees...the roads are dry, the wind was going a steady 16-17 MPH and the sun was shining. Perfect! Let's ride!

Just a quick little 16-mile ride on thew Ribble R872. The roads are still covered in grit and the black bike was a grayish-white with dry salt powder coating it by the end of the ride. Only 550' of climbing, but those little hills feel good after sitting on the trainer.

24 degrees and light snow with the wind a steady 15 MPH. I hit the trainer for 43 minutes of medium tempo to drilling it work. It felt good, but the legs are lacking some power today. Trainer depression?

It's headed down to 12 degrees tonight...sucks!

26-30 degrees yesterday with the wind at 13 MPH. And the sun was out!

I got 23 miles in and around 900' of climbing. It felt good to be outside!

The temperature was 42-44 degrees and it was partly sunny! 32 miles again at medium tempo with a few climbs taken at higher RPM's. 1720' feet of climbing, so a decent little workout.

The hardest part was the wind. 16-20 MPH steady with gusts hitting 30 MPH. It was work going into it and fun staying in a straight line with the cross wind. Still, a nice day to be out getting some exercise and fresh air!

Was a good week with 6 days on the treadmill 2 days on the trainer and 1 day out on the road. Met up with my old elementary school buddy, and junior high running partner who I reconnected with 2 years ago and got into cycling last year. This was his first ride of 2017 and well I didn't make it easy for him, with the first climbing coming less than a mile into the ride. Then the next 2 1/2 miles is mostly climbing before you get your first decent, so let's just say he was tasting breakfast by climbs end. It's a lot of fun watching Dave get more and more into the sport, and he get's better with each ride. So it was a very chilly 35 degrees with a crisp wind and 15 miles of fun with Dave.
I love it because his goal for this year is to join me on my 141 mile cut the state x2 ride that I do every year in late summer. Looks like we some snow coming in Tuesday and Wednesday so trainer and treadmill will keep me busy.

52 degrees and sunny today. I had time for only 21 miles, but they felt great! 650' of climbing and the legs felt a little sluggish at first, but came to life after only a couple miles.

The rest of the week looks not so nice with rain moving in tonight and some snow later in the week as temperatures fall back into the more normal February range of the mid-thirties.

Take advantage of every riding day this time of year!