Did You Ride Today?

I'm glad you got out, U! A little riding is better than none.

40 miles in 56-59 degree air and more sunshine. And it will be that sunshine I miss as much as the warm air in just a few more weeks as Winter approaches.

They reports listed the wind at 10 to 15 MPH...my skinny white ass! Some flags hung limp and just a few hundred feet down the road the flag poles were bending in the stiff breeze! I'm guessing gusts were above 20 MPH as I was getting moved all over the road in the cross wind.

I throttled back a bit today and the climbing was in the 1300' range.

I go back Friday but I can walk without crutches. Just haven't been cleared to as yet.

Let's hope your pelvis is quickly returning to one solid piece of bone. Drink your milk and take your calcium!

Uh...better stick to milk. We wouldn't want to see you get smashed and fall down. Try explaining that to your doctor!

Being a Type 'A' and a lifetime athlete, I can empathize with your predicament. Should be any day now that the doc starts clearing you to go see Jethro and his mutt about leveling the score. Financially, that is...of course!

Uh...better stick to milk. We wouldn't want to see you get smashed and fall down. Try explaining that to your doctor!

Being a Type 'A' and a lifetime athlete, I can empathize with your predicament. Should be any day now that the doc starts clearing you to go see Jethro and his mutt about leveling the score. Financially, that is...of course!

I would have to loan those people gas money to get to court. To say they live in a shithole would be a compliment. Well , any chances of evening rides are gone for a while.
I may be making plans for a move to Kiribati after Tuesday anyway. I did stand in line last Saturday to vote and I have done my part.

I did stand in line last Saturday to vote and I have done my part.

The Republic thanks you! I voted a couple weeks ago by absentee ballot.

Kiribati? Nice! I have a retired friend ready to exit to Ecuador or El Salvador. He says either third world shithole will be a better place to spend the next four years than here, if Hitlary wins.

I read the Odumbo is looking to move his family to Canada if Trump wins. I'll send him $10 to buy a toque!

Just 32 miles in 60 degree air and the wind going a low 3 to 5 MPH. 1600' of climbing

The Boy Wonder ended up with 70 miles.

I went up a hill about 15 Miles from the starting point I had never tried before. I swung off one highway onto a County chip & seal road and looked ahead.
Straight.
****ing.
Up.

I KNEW the thing looked steep as the road disappeared into the tree canopy of gold, red and orange. It turned out to be 21.5% maximum and a whole lot of it was at 18% and 19%.

The Boy Wonder just returned from riding mountains in West Virginia and he said he had a whole new appreciation for how steep things are around here. He said our climbs were more painful. He climbed Spruce Knob (4863' ASL with 2500' of climbing) twice in one day for 5000' worth and claimed any of our 1/2-mile killer climbs hurt more.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A Sunday club ride. It had a decent amount of climbing and there were 7 or 8 of us. Wasn't too fast as Sunday is usually the slower day for the bike club rides. 55+, sunny and windy again. A fun ride with good company. Distance and climbing not too far off from Campy Bob above. Another ride where I've felt very comfortable in a pack, cornering and down hilling. I was even drafting and being drafted on downhills I've never done before.

28.3 miles/15.9 mph/82 cadence/somewhere between 1500 ft and 1750 ft (we all had different elevation).

Got out for a chilly ride to the old center of town, my asthma kicked in by rides end. Not to many outdoor rides for me if the colder temps keep up.

23 miles in beautiful sunshine and warm 67 degree air! Right around 1100' of climbing and the tempo was high thanks to the boost the warm air gave my legs.

Voted early so I could beat the lines and get in a ride before it got dark. Where did this nice weather come from low 60's with a light wind. Decided to do the same route as the other day but in reverse, feeling every bit my Clydesdale lately.

11 miles in 66 degree air, a light mist falling and over a flat course with 350' of climbing. Still more fun than sitting on the rollers in the basement!

Voted early so I could beat the lines

If you were a democrat...you could have voted at least two more times!

I voted by absentee ballot again this time. No lines and well worth the cost of a stamp. This afternoon's ride took me past my local precinct, a Methodist church, and the parking lot volume was about average for a prez election.

Looking forward to the rides on the new bike - disk brakes, lots of electronic doodahs and fancy paint :)

TRUMP NATION!!!!

If you were a democrat...you could have voted at least two more times!

I voted by absentee ballot again this time. No lines and well worth the cost of a stamp. This afternoon's ride took me past my local precinct, a Methodist church, and the parking lot volume was about average for a prez election.

Glad your state did it's part this time Bob.

I hate Trump, but I felt the same hate for Hilary. Take how you feel about Obama and multiply it by 3 and thats the level. I believe Obama didn't follow through on many promises, but he is sane, composed and kept the country in one piece for 8 years. That has to count for something.

At 30 years of age, i may see quite a few more elections and have to get use to the gut punches of having someone I don't approve of in any level in the white house.

Last ride I got in was Monday. 18.3 miles/17.1mph/900 ft or so.

Glad your state did it's part this time Bob.

In 2008, my dumbass county voted for Odumbo. They got hoodwinked and went back to red in 2012 even though Ohio STILL went for the Liar In Chief.. This time it was more than a 2-1 margin for Trump! And Ohio got over Kasich's butthurt and went with a winner. Finally got it right!