Did You Ride Today?

Commuted today. 23°F this morning. Worst part of the ride was, after arriving at my office I pulled off my gloves, then grabbed my bike by the stem to push it into the loading dock...I felt like that kid in "A Christmas Story" who gets his tongue stuck to the freezing flag pole!

41 minutes on the trainer yesterday...no time to post it last night. Wind gust were over 40 MPH yesterday and over 50 MPH last night.

It was a really good workout...hard from start to finish. My heart rate was sky high through the entire effort and the Watt figures were painfully high. I'll take it for January!

52 minutes at a medium tempo on the trainer. It got up to 51 degrees today, but the roads are still FUBAR. Melting ice and snow and tons of road grit everywhere.

42 Minutes on the trainer at easy to medium tempos. It got up to 62 degrees today, but 3" of Biblical rainfall did nothing to improve our chances of road riding today! There's flooded roads all over the place and dirt and gravel washout onto the roads is pretty epic.

It will be only 33 degrees tomorrow, but if the roads dry out I may get lucky and get outside for a few real miles.

First road ride in 8 days! Just 21 miles in 32 degree temperature. We've got lots of minor to moderate road flooding and I had to choose roads that stayed away from the valleys.

Around 830' of climbing on the new Ribble R872S. It rode well. The initial steering response is quick. Much faster to go off line than the Emonda or Wilier. Again, the ride felt good. Stiff, but not as chatter'y as the Emonda. This is no time of year to evaluate the bottom bracket stiffness, but at the same time I haven't noticed anything flimsy about it yet.

It was an overcast day and my legs were feeling the last week of work on the trainer. I just half-assed all of my efforts and felt my way around the new cassette ratios. I left the 11-28 on for the time being. I might turn this into a climbing bike. The frame is certainly light weight enough to use it for hilly rides.

The roads were quiet and vehicle traffic was very light. A fun outing and much more fun than sitting on the trainer.

Another 21-mile road ride on an out & back course that ran parallel to yesterdays route. An overcast day with the thermometer at 33 degrees under an overcast sky. It rained a little at my house while I was out riding, but I got lucky and never felt a drop.

Right around 700' of light climbing. The wind was not even noticeable at 3 MPH and once again traffic was about zero at mid-day.

Most of the flood waters have receeded. I only saw water across the road about a foot deep in one spot. There's still lots of road grit and salt on every road I was on today.

Nice 60 degrees and no rain all day. I made my way over thin veneers of mud tracked out of dirt driveways and avoided piles of fine gravel and salt left by the road crews last weekend. All in all a pleasure out of and back to my basement. A trainer-free day is a good day.

Good for you, JH! Any day on a real bike is a great day!

26 miles for the longest ride of the year. LOL! The roads were still wet in spots and we also have mud from driveways, farm fields and the washout from the last 2" to 3" day of gully washers.

About 1050' of climbing and it got no warmer that 32 degrees with most of the ride showing 29 degrees. Tennessee sounds much more civilized!

Just a few rolling grades and small hills. No major climbs at all. The wind was again calm at 3 to 5 MPH under a sky that flashed a little sunshine on the ride here and there.

The Ribble is working out well, although the Selle Italia X1 saddle is slippery as snot. I'm all over it from front to back At 135 MM in width, it's just a little too wide for me, but the sharp edges (no roll off on the sides to speak of) make it feel wider. Maybe time to an SLR Kit Carbonio.

Light rain this morning so I dowloaded a 22 mile ride on the trainer. Did 16 miles and I think 46 mins. Did't feel just right. About 80 mins. later I had intestinal issues. Glad I was home and not 15 miles out on the road but a I think I am about 95 percent recovered from my injury in September. I just need more miles.

Had another hard hour ride on the trainer late this afternoon, followed by a half hour on the treadmill. Last week was some snow and a few days of rain so it was 5 days on the treadmill and 3 on the trainer. Might be able to get the mountain bike out this coming week, if not the treadmill and trainer will do.

34 degrees and rain yesterday so 43 minutes on the trainer at medium to high tempo. I didn't get my heart rate out of L4 very much...must be fatigued / tired. I could develop decent power, but didn't even feel like shooting for near-peak efforts. After three days of road riding the trainer seemed to be extra stoopid boring.

Need Zwift, but I've reading a little bit of the Zwift Facebook page and there's still a lot of teething issues going on.

42 minutes killing it on the trainer. It got up to 60 degrees today, but it rained on and off from morning until about 3 PM. The roads were awash. It's supposed to be warm all week, so I'll try and get outside tomorrow if the rain stays away. Thursday is looking like the best shot at an outdoor ride, then another chance of rain.

52 minutes on the trainer. 30 minutes of moderate tempo with a few intervals thrown in, then it was let 'er rip! The last 20 minutes was work. Felt good despite yesterday's effort.

It was 37 degrees and a light mist fell on and off all day. The roads are still a mess. Mud and dirt / gravel washout is a problem in some areas.

15 mile workout in total darkness at 6:00AM this morning. Was following my wife, who was doing some short high-intensity intervals, but after a few miles she said she wasn't comfortable having someone on her wheel when she was speeding up and slowing down, so I passed her and did a longer steady-state Zone 4 effort for the rest of the route. Figured that way I'd get home before her and could be in & out of the shower by the time she finished her workout.

Turns out she had planned on a different, shorter route and so *she* was already in & out of the shower by the time I got home!

Reactions: rm57
16 miles over about 600' of light rollers. It was dismal gray, but at least it hit 40 degrees and maybe a degree or two more this afternoon. It was more or less a recovery ride after three days on the trainer.

The roads were damp, wet in spots and there was mud and fresh hot patch asphalt kinda sorta tossed into the potholes...and all over the road so slowdowns were inevitable. Only a 15.6 MPH average so a lot of the ride was coasting, on the brakes when I would have normally been on the gas, etc.

I rode the Ribble R872S again and now have about 100 miles on it. It's still impressing me so far. It's fast and comfortable. It would feel like home if it wasn't for that weird shimaNO 2-lever shifting system.

42 minutes on the trainer. Full gas start to finish and yes, it hurt. It warmed up to 54 degrees today, but the morning and early afternoon rain ruined a shot at going outside. Fenders and mud flaps would have been a start...

27 miles on damp to wet roads. Easy tempo with 1300' feet of climbing. It got up to 60 degrees today and the sun was out for most of the ride! It felt great despite having to keep the speed down over the really wet ****.

Life on the trainer and treadmill continue. Got in 3 hard 1 hour trainer rides, and 6 treadmill workout for this past week. Feeling good and living the dream.

27 mo' road miles this afternoon. The roads were wet to damp at the start, but probably 75% dry by the end of the ride. Only 840' of climbing, but that's 840' more than I get on the trainer. It got up to 61 degrees and the sun came out just in time for the start of the ride! Glorious!

I was checking out some of the Zwift rides...awesome animation!