Did You Ride Today?

I envy all rides noted in this thread. I had a full tear rotator cuff repair done on January 6th. In a sling w/ abduction pillow, 24/7, for 6 weeks. Doc said I could get back on bike around 3 months post surgery.

Unfortunately, I had a freak fall and crash into a wall, shoulder blade first, 7 weeks post surgery. Turned out that I re-tore the rotator cuff. Had a second surgery, this time he opened up the shoulder, 4 weeks ago.

So now I'm looking at late-June/early-July before I'm back on bike - ugh!

Stay safe out there All!

Best regards
Barry

Reactions: Mr. Beanz and steve
I envy all rides noted in this thread. I had a full tear rotator cuff repair done on January 6th. In a sling w/ abduction pillow, 24/7, for 6 weeks. Doc said I could get back on bike around 3 months post surgery.

Unfortunately, I had a freak fall and crash into a wall, shoulder blade first, 7 weeks post surgery. Turned out that I re-tore the rotator cuff. Had a second surgery, this time he opened up the shoulder, 4 weeks ago.

So now I'm looking at late-June/early-July before I'm back on bike - ugh!

Stay safe out there All!

Best regards
Barry
Hope you get back out there soon.

Solo 60 miles today. First post in a while but still been riding.
20220820_132527.jpg

Hope you get back out there soon.
This unfortunately one of the costs off riding for sport. In another group, there are a couple of people claiming that they never fall. I suppose that if you're someone that always rides well within your limits and are extremely careful that you wouldn't crash: after all, Dutch commuters very seldom fall. But neither do they stretch their limits. On my ride yesterday the people were bragging about their scars from falling. So just take your injury in stride and heal.

Today I did get out for just a short time on my road bike. Had the daily run at C.O.D. ( crack of dawn) my 5K on the HWY . A short ride compliments a long run. Not that 5K is "long".

Ride was just 30 minutes ,out and back . just a 7 mile total route that climbs 400 ft over the last mile.

My favorite route is being repaved , and I rode it anyways. The gravel they poured had actually settled down into the tar and surface was ridable. I was on my road bike running 25mm tubed clinchers at just 83PSI . When I last rode road 26 years ago was on 23mm tyres at 105 - 110PSI

The story behind 4legsgood2wheelsbad directly relates.( Is an Orwellian pun) I rescued a White Siberian Husky.
She has extreme separation anxiety . She goes crazy when I leave her alone and destroys things.
I am suprised she hadn't gone after the tires yet!

Share your today's ride ,fellow cyclist!
4legsgood

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Another 25 today Sunday. Just a nice steady ride to spin up the legs and relax for work in the morning. Same jersey as yesterday, too lazy to search through the jersey pile this morning.
20220821_094948.jpg

Hello My Beanz, what make and mode is the helmut your wearing?
I like the shape and colors of it. , hope to extend my rides some to al least 25 miles for leisure ride ..

has been so long since riding and have so many expectations. In the past cycling was an obsession .Becoming like that again for me .
I feel more alive than the last 30 years. Love cycling again. On the bike its as Id never departed .

Hello My Beanz, what make and mode is the helmut your wearing?
I like the shape and colors of it. , hope to extend my rides some to al least 25 miles for leisure ride ..

has been so long since riding and have so many expectations. In the past cycling was an obsession .Becoming like that again for me .
I feel more alive than the last 30 years. Love cycling again. On the bike its as Id never departed .
Oh man, one thing people don't enjoy spending money on is expensive helmets.
The orange is a Giro Aeon. I paid about $150 on sale but as you can see they go for about $250 regular price.
I always buy helmets on sale but even then, they are still expensive.

But there are other more affordable models around 60 that look nice and work well.
I like more expensive models because of the air flow and ventilation. I learned to appreciate them doing rides of 100 miles with 5,000 ft to 12 000 ft of elevation gain riding up mountain roads.
I really feel a difference there but every day riding, 20 miles, the more affordable models do just as well.
Screenshot_20220822-085018_Google.jpg

But see, this $62 model looks much like the $250 models.
And would work more than fine on a 25 mile ride.
Giro and Bell both sell like models at good prices.
Screenshot_20220822-090008_Chrome.jpg

Solo 45 well mostly. About 30 miles in, ran into some tandem buddies. Then another buddy we caught who forgot his jersey. I didn't get a chance to take my ride pic so I took it after the ride. With my Beanz hat.

20220827_141918.jpg

20220827_134604.jpg

20220827_134535.jpg

Attachments

• 20220827_134604.jpg
    20220827_134604.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Another 20 easy recovery ride to relax the legs before going back to work tomorrow.
BTW, cut my own hair. Started getting too long and uncomfortable on the bike. Came out rather nice and much better under the helmet. And saved about 25 bucks.
20220827_210652.jpg

20220828_103458.jpg

20220828_114243.jpg

Hello all. I did ride yesterday , to the marina and back. (It is not glamorous as it sounds , the marina) Is 4.20 miles and I ride that after dinner before dark.

My heart not in riding ATM focusing on my running. Had 5.4 miles this AM before Sunrise.
Trying to experiment , doing minimum 5 k per AM session minimum sometime 10K for what 21 consecutive days now. Going to break 100 miles for August last day of "challenge" , treadmill is calling me. 5.4 is enough asphalt for a day. Find 2 miles minimum if even step on treadmill otherwise not worth it. Just warming up after 1.3 - 1.5 miles.

It's getting pretty miserable , so my ride is going to stay short and sweet until I get the running thing worked out of me.

Like to replace the runs with rides quite soon . just not now. Surprising myself and like the metrics much!.

4legs

If you rode please post your experience !

Fell into the trap yet again this AM.
Ran 2 miles of pavement and felt funny still put down 3 more on the treadmill.
Slowish say 6MPH

Fell into a deep full body workout afterward doing dip sets along inside the treadmill window. ( is what the bars are for)
Afterward the bowflex for some deep chest back and lat stimulation . Back inside floor exercises , abs oblique ect. Still no ride yet. Missed the AM window while running.

Now way too hot until after say 7pm really do not enjoy 90F bike rides ( or runs )
I do plan to ride short bit tonight , so the post not- off topic . Would be great to hear about Nor Ca folk who got out in the heat and rode anyways.

Solo 40 miles HOT AF Ride.
Started a bit late so I got some heat. Extreme heat warning day but hey, somebody's got to do it
The busiest part of the trail is a little empty when it's .

20220903_131727.jpg

20220903_120010.jpg

A little warm at the end of my ride.
Screenshot_20220903-135114_Google.jpg

Beanz good for you. Excellent ! You endured the heat .

Never rode today.
Did get my miserable run which I loved . Maybe 4.5 miles 1000 ft of climbing.

Love to puke for some reason. makes for a good "stiffer."
My sag support was pretty sad this AM . Was the face of the day that I failed to recognize. .

5250AC24-F60C-4C9E-9DBF-3B5C59E815ED.jpeg

Another heat warning ride. Only 20 miles not wanting to work too hard in the heat today. 10 miles heading up towards the mountains 85 degrees. Reaching the top at just about 100 degrees. Cruised back just trying to survive the heat.
Gina and I 35 years, wedding anniversary dinner didn't do much for nutrition but the steak and lobster sure was good

20220905_095911.jpg

20220904_182630.jpg

Attachments

• 20220904_191840.jpg
    20220904_191840.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 11