Did You Ride Today?

Beanz - happy anniversary !! You've got about a decade more years than wife and I .
Sounds like the heat is just everywhere. Hot hot hot.

I only ran instead of ride ,and it was before dawn. A robust run and staring at watch whole time and some sprints.
Made my timed mile and 5K times for this years goal. Moving on to longer distance work and more hills and sprints .with a new goal for mile and 5 - 10 K . Quite slow ATM

When it cools a bit I plan to resume riding . In a slump from that. Riding solo is a little "lonely".
Sounds real nice , where you ride and the beach views ect. Friends to ride with on top of that!

Reactions: steve and Mr. Beanz
T
Beanz - happy anniversary !! You've got about a decade more years than wife and I .
Sounds like the heat is just everywhere. Hot hot hot.

I only ran instead of ride ,and it was before dawn. A robust run and staring at watch whole time and some sprints.
Made my timed mile and 5K times for this years goal. Moving on to longer distance work and more hills and sprints .with a new goal for mile and 5 - 10 K . Quite slow ATM

When it cools a bit I plan to resume riding . In a slump from that. Riding solo is a little "lonely".
Sounds real nice , where you ride and the beach views ect. Friends to ride with on top of that!

Thanks

23 easy happy miles. I call it Metrology Man Ride. Started a new job on Thursday. Back to quality inspection after a rough hard labor 8 months. Took a chance applying for a job in my past field.

Big difference.
20220909_134529.jpg

20220910_121132.jpg

20220719_130458.jpg

Attachments

• 20220910_132348.jpg
    20220910_132348.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 8
Am I missing something here! Beanz if you know of a better forum for cycling,
please pm that, do not post here.

I can not start my day with this unicorn fairy stuff.

I love these bike path pics! Like a dream . We have nothing like that in my rural area.
Sounds good ,35 miles! Sure have lots of different helmets. Very cool .

I also did a ride off road on my hybrid . I have not rode a group ride since 1996 or so . Was a mix of apparently E bikes and conventional . I had zero traction and should not have attempted the single track sections . Included switchbacks and some short but pretty nasty climbs. however less than 500 feet of elevation gain that AM. Took a series of falls just no traction either climbing or on turns. What I get for taking smooth tires off-road.
Knobby tires coming. Learned I still love MTB ing , the single track felt so good.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I love these bike path pics! Like a dream . We have nothing like that in my rural area.
Sounds good ,35 miles! Sure have lots of different helmets. Very cool .

I also did a ride off road on my hybrid . I have not rode a group ride since 1996 or so . Was a mix of apparently E bikes and conventional . I had zero traction and should not have attempted the single track sections . Included switchbacks and some short but pretty nasty climbs. however less than 500 feet of elevation gain that AM. Took a series of falls just no traction either climbing or on turns. What I get for taking smooth tires off-road.
Knobby tires coming. Learned I still love MTB ing , the single track felt so good.

Ah yes, love these bike trails. This one is 76 miles round trip and the other I ride is 60 round trip. No cars so it's great.
Yup, got 3 helmets I rotate depending on which ride I do or how I feel.

Never can have too many helmets.

Didn't ride today , but yesterday . Was in the bay area to visit and hit up Skyline blvd , and made a wrong turn on Snake rd.
Went all the way down to Mountain blvd before realizing the mistake . Was a short foggy ride 90% humidity . Some slippery corners.

my old stomping grounds , had not rode Oakland hills since 26 years ago . Did not choke , this my 4th or 5th ride on my "new" road bike . Cadence avg 80 rpm for the ride ( pedaled the down hill to bring up cadence avg) . They haven't paved the road since I was there last it seems . about 1250 ft of climbing in 50 minutes. In middle of road for a pic , what a dummy!

Attachments

• 5429BA23-6E3A-4B0B-8F00-87B4EB166FDF.jpeg
    5429BA23-6E3A-4B0B-8F00-87B4EB166FDF.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 9
Saturday a solo 40 mile fat ******* Ride ride. Then Sunday, an old fart kick butt 20 mile ride.
20221009_105422.jpg

20221008_132006.jpg

Solo 40 miles up to the base of the mountains. Cold and wet on the way up. Met a dude couple weeks back then ran into him again today. Had some laughs and bike chat so I was up there a bit longer than expected but worked out as the road was dry as I headed back down.

Not many riders out today and I was the last one back to the parking lot.

20221015_130330.jpg
20221015_143107.jpg
20221015_144947.jpg

Another solo 40 miles. A little chilly for about 5 minutes then turned to a beautiful day. After the ride, took Gina on a drive up through the canyon trying to motivate her to get back on her bike.

20221203_112600.jpg

20221127_214649.jpg

Monday visiting L.A. decided to ride a bit on that multi-lane bike path along the beach from North of the boardwalk to Venice beach. Not many people but those that were walked freely in the biking lanes ( right next to walk-run lanes) , some with their kids. I yelled "heads up", "on your left" but seemed nobody spoke my tongue , nor could hear me or just did not care. Noticed 2 earbuds in most everyone I passed.

Of course I expected a little sand on the road, and that was all it took. Hit some light sand in a turn about 20MPH did not even get my hands off the bars happened so fast. Seen by many , bruised my pride a bit . Left "brifter"got a little chewed up , bar tape ect. Impact skewed front wheel off center . Wheel still true , just needed re-center to not ride the rim brake pad.
Nice raspberry patch on hip and forearm. Rest of short ride dealing with the sting of the open wound. Big gaping hole in hip of my bib tights.

Might be payback for buzzing a hiker or two on a Nor-cal trail who were wearing over-the-ear headphones. I just do not get it . Over-the-ear headphones !

Monday visiting L.A. decided to ride a bit on that multi-lane bike path along the beach from North of the boardwalk to Venice beach. Not many people but those that were walked freely in the biking lanes ( right next to walk-run lanes) , some with their kids. I yelled "heads up", "on your left" but seemed nobody spoke my tongue , nor could hear me or just did not care. Noticed 2 earbuds in most everyone I passed.

Of course I expected a little sand on the road, and that was all it took. Hit some light sand in a turn about 20MPH did not even get my hands off the bars happened so fast. Seen by many , bruised my pride a bit . Left "brifter"got a little chewed up , bar tape ect. Impact skewed front wheel off center . Wheel still true , just needed re-center to not ride the rim brake pad.
Nice raspberry patch on hip and forearm. Rest of short ride dealing with the sting of the open wound. Big gaping hole in hip of my bib tights.

Might be payback for buzzing a hiker or two on a Nor-cal trail who were wearing over-the-ear headphones. I just do not get it . Over-the-ear headphones !
Ouch, hope you're not too badly hurt.

We ride the bike trails that ride away from the coast. Much less crowded and usually only cyclists.

I hate those trails along the sand. Especially the trails that travel along the store fronts.

Much less crowded heading inland
bluehalter103.jpg

Naw , I'm ok - just sore a bit. I preferred the other routes but we were already there at the beach. Next time I ride the path you show me the San Gabe trail .

Naw , I'm ok - just sore a bit. I preferred the other routes but we were already there at the beach. Next time I ride the path you show me the San Gabe trail .
If you can, do th Santa Ana River Trail. 10 miles south of the San Gabriel Trail. Much prettier and populated.

Solo 40 on Saturday, then another 20 today, Sunday. Then early dinner with Gina at Black Angus. And a pretzel at the mall.
20230212_113953.jpg

20230212_111645.jpg

20230212_172832.jpg

Reactions: cobbwheels
Sound like a busy weekend ! I got out too - at local rural (MTB) simple route with new friends.
You guys look gr8 together , and nice kit . Quite visible attire ! I believe I have that same "flame red" mirror on my Oakley Flak 2.0's.