Did you vote,

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
or are you going to vote? It's a simple question offered because I thought it'd be interesting to see if the number of people on this site who are voting vs. those that aren't voting tacks with the typically abysmal voter turnout nationwide. For a nation that is, for a lot of US citizens and people in other countries, the standard-bearer for democracy, our passion for democracy sure isn't reflected very much in the number of people that vote. This isn't a topic about politics, so please leave your political diatribes at the door.

[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px]Yes I voted early as usual. I can't remember the last time I did not vote. To not vote and then complain is hypocrisy in my opinion and I want the option to complain.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]

jhuskey said:
  Yes I voted early as usual. I can't remember the last time I did not vote. To not vote and then complain is hypocrisy in my opinion and I want the option to complain.  
+1. I couldn't wait to turn 18 so that I could vote. As a matter of fact, that impatient waiting started when I accompanied my dad to the polls in the 1972 prez election. I can't remember ever missing the opportunity to vote.......ok, I never voted for American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, American Stars Dancing around False Idols, or any of those kinds of shows.

Voted last Thursday at a county library and it was a fast in and out process compared to my typical polling place.

I vote in all of our general elections. However, with the forthcoming Police Commissioner election, I don't even know who's standing for office,there's been no local publication about it (apart from my voting card), so I think this will be the first election since I was 18 that I won't be taking part in.

"6:40 AM, 7 AM, 8AM, 11AM, 1PM and waiting for the 2 PM casting of the vote. :)"

Ah! A democrat, I see!

If you're dead or an illegal or hopefully both...we can also let you fill out these early mail-in ballots, a few of these absentee ballots, a stack of these military/deployed ballots and some of these special Cook County Jail Preferred Inmate ballots. No I.D. required!

I took the wife up to vote (hopefuly she intimidated some heathen libtards while she was there) at 4:30 PM and tossed the Wilier out into the church parking lot and blasted out a fast 45 minutes worth while she helped un-elect the community-organizer-in-chief and BS'd with the neighbors. Almost dusk by the time I returned to the parking lot. Where did the daylight go?

I tried...I really tried...to get the local Amish to adopt some hispanic names and vote neocon, but the German accents and the stench of Pabst and Marlboros kept giving them away! They did seem to like Mitten's name. I guess it sounded more Germanic than the Kenyan's name!

My township precinct was very busy this morning and only about average this afternoon. Very few Obummer/Biden signs in my area.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

"6:40 AM, 7 AM, 8AM, 11AM, 1PM and waiting for the 2 PM casting of the vote. :)"

Ah! A democrat, I see!

If you're dead or an illegal or hopefully both...we can also let you fill out these early mail-in ballots, a few of these absentee ballots, a stack of these military/deployed ballots and some of these special Cook County Jail Preferred Inmate ballots. No I.D. required!

I took the wife up to vote (hopefuly she intimidated some heathen libtards while she was there) at 4:30 PM and tossed the Wilier out into the church parking lot and blasted out a fast 45 minutes worth while she helped un-elect the community-organizer-in-chief and BS'd with the neighbors. Almost dusk by the time I returned to the parking lot. Where did the daylight go?

I tried...I really tried...to get the local Amish to adopt some hispanic names and vote neocon, but the German accents and the stench of Pabst and Marlboros kept giving them away! They did seem to like Mitten's name. I guess it sounded more Germanic than the Kenyan's name!

My township precinct was very busy this morning and only about average this afternoon. Very few Obummer/Biden signs in my area.
perhaps you should review the last line of the original post.

It's important to exercise your democratic rights by voting.

Many people throughout history fought long and hard for that right - so if you have the right to vote you should always vote.

We all owe a debt of gratitude to those wise Greeks who invented the concept that we call Democracy.

"Many people throughout history fought long and hard for that right - so if you have the right to vote you should always vote."

Indeed.

Ironically I see conflict in the logic of this thread. Would a non-voter vote whether or not they voted?

Originally Posted by limerickman .

Off topic where now for the Republican party?
At the risk of getting too deeply into politics. Republicans still control the House of Represenatives as well as having 30 Republican governors now. Historcially they will regain the presidency in 4 years but who knows what the future holds. The one certainty is that the US is divided by more than just borders and I don't foresee much change in this.

And the US will remain just as divided if, and when, a Republican occupies the Oval office...don't expect to see the Red party galvanizing any unity - that's a certainty.
Their just-defeated Presidential nominee put a stamp on that notion. Perhaps they will learn from this, perhaps not...

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

And the US will remain just as divided if, and when, a Republican occupies the Oval office...don't expect to see the Red party galvanizing any unity - that's a certainty.
Their just-defeated Presidential nominee put a stamp on that notion. Perhaps they will learn from this, perhaps not...
No , I see no change but maybe more division as time goes on.

I get the impression that America is still too racist to change, especially in the Republican party.
I could be wrong, I want to be, but don't think so.

I mean, during the 2nd world war, the American military were treating captured German prisoners
better than their own black soldiers. WTF!

I'm just listening to Cal Thomas here on Irish radio and he says more or less what our American members here are saying.

Originally Posted by maanderx .

I get the impression that America is still too racist to change, especially in the Republican party.
I could be wrong, I want to be, but don't think so.

I mean, during the 2nd world war, the American military were treating captured German prisoners
better than their own black soldiers. WTF!
It's not necessarily race although racism exists on all fronts not especially with one faction or another.Difference in culture and ideology create the rift but this is about to turn political and that can not end well.