Did you vote,

Originally Posted by alienator .

I see you're on the side of the bigots. No surprise. Well, you should look up "willful ignorance" since it applies to a great number of bigots, perhaps even bigots like you.
More irony--you're showing your ignorance in all its glory.

My post was right after Tony's, who quoted and "corrected" a post, without changing a thing--he was ignorant of the definition of ignorance. I said nothing about anyone's race or creed. But that's typical of your ilk who cannot make a reasoned, logical argument, while wearing blinders to the realities of the world, so you trot out "racist" and "bigot". Sorry, the labels don't stick.

Quote: Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .
so how does the military figure in your warped reality? do you personally deliver your own mail to the recipient? are you burying all your savings in the backyard because the fdic is a "communist plot" dreamed up by "libtard lesbians?" i imagine that you choose which side of the road on which to drive based solely on your whims? polio was brought to an end thanks to government efforts. epidemics are less likely thanks to co-ordinated efforts through the cdc. again, your argument is quite thoughtless and filled mostly with ridicule rather than a pointed rebuttal.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]There you go with your insults, again. You insult others while wining about insults. Now, go all third grade and whine about who hit who first. To your 'point'.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]The U.S. military has absolutely ZERO to do with my health and finances and almost zero when it comes to my 'safety'. Especially in the context of this discussion. But, feel free to keep backpedalling faster than a head-down Spaniard in the Tour headed for the posterior of a rider stopped on the road ahead of him.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]The pittance I pay in taxes to support them is negligable and given willingly.[/COLOR]

and, happy veterans day! thanks for all you've given. of course, mr. peepers, our own best bigot bobbo thanks you in his own special way, which is by pissing on your deeds.

jpr95 said:
More irony--you're showing your ignorance in all its glory. My post was right after Tony's, who quoted and "corrected" a post, without changing a thing--he was ignorant of the definition of ignorance.  I said nothing about anyone's race or creed.  But that's typical of your ilk who cannot make a reasoned, logical argument, while wearing blinders to the realities of the world, so you trot out "racist" and "bigot".  Sorry, the labels don't stick.
Actually you are what you call others, for Tony did not necessarily use your presented definition of "ignorant." Still, given how deep your nose is in Campyboob's ****, you very likely share his bigoted views.

slovakguy said:
and, happy veterans day!  thanks for all you've given.  of course, mr. peepers, our own best bigot bobbo thanks you in his own special way, which is by pissing on your deeds.
Campytwit gives nothing. He takes. He puts down minorities for his benefit. He uses. He lies. He's a hateful little man. He's done nothing. He's contributed nothing. He's the hateful version of Babbitt.

Actually you are what you call others, for Tony did not necessarily use your presented definition of "ignorant." Still, given how deep your nose is in Campyboob's ****, you very likely share his bigoted views.
Right--another typical lib tactic: change the definitions of words to suit your current agenda.

You really should be careful with all that frothing at the mouth like a dog--you're making your Dear Leader Obummer hungry.

Originally Posted by jpr95 .

Right--another typical lib tactic: change the definitions of words to suit your current agenda.

You really should be careful with all that frothing at the mouth like a dog--you're making your Dear Leader Obummer hungry.
sparky, when you'd like to debate, then let me know. i won't shy from that task. i figure you will not have the facts or the intellect to debate honestly. i've called you out before and you've spit the bit. alienator has called you out and you've cowered. when you'd like to argue, i'm certain i'll engage and i think alienator would enjoy having a go at you, too. and just to stick this in your craw--332-206. that's President Obama.

jpr95 said:
Right--another typical lib tactic:  change the definitions of words to suit your current agenda. You really should be careful with all that frothing at the mouth like a dog--you're making your Dear Leader Obummer hungry.
Actually, you're wrong.....again. There are differences in how words are defined depending on location, community, social group, and quite a number of other factors. It's a fact. The rest of your rant makes no sense and just makes you look like an idiot.

Most real democracies have compulsory voting, you guys should try it.

ambal said:
Our performance in terms of number of voters is pathetic. In 2010 there were roughly 230 million eligible voters in the US according to the 2010 Census. Given the steady increase (plotting number registered voters vs year and applying a linear fit, the result is that the population of eligible voters increases by about 2.7 million each year) the number of eligible voters this year would be about 235.4 million. This year there were approximately 120.6 million votes cast. That means that only 51.2% of eligible voters in what is supposed to be the greatest democracy in the world voted. Not included in this are provisional ballots not counted, voters that were prevented by false information or intimidation from voting, people too sick to vote, and etc. Frankly, I think election day should be a national holiday so that it's easier for people to vote, and I also think that voting by mail and early voting should be much more available.

Originally Posted by ambal .

Low voter turnout is not just an American problem.

This past weekend we had a national referendum in which the citizenry get a chance to vote - a plebiscite.

What percentage of the electorate cast their ballot? 30% that's how many. Disgraceful turnout by the electorate.
(the vote took place on a Saturday by the way).

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]"Most real democracies have compulsory voting, you guys should try it."[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]The Soviet Union used to get a 99.5% 'voter' turnout.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Voting at the end of a rifle barrel is not democracy. Voting under threat of a financial fine is a joke.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Personally, I prefer the old, white Greek guys' interpretation.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Only adult, male property owners and prior military training vote. No women. No slaves. No yutes. No furiners. No renters that have no skin in the game.[/COLOR]

" i've trolled you out before and you've spit the bait."
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]FTFY.[/COLOR]

Reactions: jpr95
"Low voter turnout is not just an American problem."

Our paramount issue is that the country is full of welfare rats, illegal immigrants, morons that can't speak English, can't read English...or even use proper capitalization. We have vast armies of drugaholics. Huge numbers of career criminals. Fake and stolen SS card, forged driver's license cards, dead voters and phony green cards. Basement-dwelling kiddies...as evidenced here...in numbers impossible to count. People so completely and utterly retarded that all they can manage to do is stuff more fast food in their faces, plug up the toilets of their rental units and breed like vermin.

Frankly, I'm damned glad they do not vote and wish even more would stay on the couch, crying when a Ken Burns flick plays on PBS TV.

Making voting easier will not help, in my opinion. People believe they are screwed which ever party is in power.

jhuskey said:
Making voting easier will not help, in my opinion. People believe they are screwed which ever party is in power.
That's not the only reason that people don't vote. People that think like that, won't vote, but others just might. It certainly wouldn't hurt to make election day a holiday to make it even easier for people to vote. We're not served well having only roughly half of the voting population vote. Given how important voting and democracy are to our country, it makes zero sense to not do everything possible to maximize the number of people that vote. People that fought and/or died for our freedom to vote and for democracy deserve a lot more than the lip service paid to such things.

That's not the only reason that people don't vote. People that think like that, won't vote, but others just might. It certainly wouldn't hurt to make election day a holiday to make it even easier for people to vote. We're not served well having only roughly half of the voting population vote. Given how important voting and democracy are to our country, it makes zero sense to not do everything possible to maximize the number of people that vote. People that fought and/or died for our freedom to vote and for democracy deserve a lot more than the lip service paid to such things.
I am just repeating what I have heard from people. I voted and have for years but some believe that big government is controlled by money power brokers that manipulate the system.

jhuskey said:
I am just repeating what I have heard from people. I voted and have for years but some believe that big government is controlled by money power brokers that manipulate the system.  
I think they are a minority of non-voters.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

Our paramount issue is that the country is full of welfare rats, illegal immigrants, morons that can't speak English, can't read English...or even use proper capitalization. People so completely and utterly retarded that all they can manage to do is stuff more fast food in their faces, plug up the toilets of their rental units and breed like vermin.
To an extent, Bob's words are correct, but his implication is wrong.

His implication is that what he describes are Democrats.

However, for every "welfare rat" democrat in the inner city, there is nearly a perfect reflection of them in a trailer park somewhere voting Republican.

Earlier, someone accused liberals of changing the definition of words to suit them. That's not a Liberal/Conservative thing, that's politics.

People get up in arms when Republicans in Texas re-draw district lines to some abstract shape to help ensure they get elected to the House. Democrats do the exact same thing in Maryland. It's a vile practice, but both sides do it.

Pretty much every bad thing someone says about a Democrat, I can find a Republican doing the exact same thing. For every bad thing said about a Liberal, I can point to a Conservative doing the same thing. I swear it feels like it's getting to the point of the Hatfield/McCoys or the Catholics vs. Protestants in Ireland. I don't know if they even realize what they're fighting about anymore. I'll wager if you interviewed members of congress and other prominent members of various political parties individually after injecting them with Sodium Penethol you'd get a LOT of similar answers to your policy questions. They might disagree on the approach and, in other cases, details to the approach, but you'd get more similarities than differences.

What cracks me up about all of that is, when you really strip away the veneer, people are still people. It's gotten to the point that we disagree with each other, sometimes almost violently, because the other side said it.

I wish I had saved the link, but I read an article about a month ago that pointed out multiple times in congress where legislature was introduced by one side of the aisle and it didn't pass. Later, when the OTHER side tried to pass legislature that was nearly identical, the original side of the aisle opposed it. Because neither side wants the other to be able to claim credit.