rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Diet Coker!!!

Started by GizmoDuck · · Last activity · 57 posts · 813 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
3 September 2006
Last activity
10 September 2006
Original author
GizmoDuck
Posts
57
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
813
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 57
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Wow Ken,

    This Diet Coker really does look pretty amazing. My experience of my
    airfoil coker (I've never ridden a steel rimmed coker) is that it
    barely felt less wieldy than my 29er (although I think I'll notice it
    more when I start riding the 29er again). An ultra light coker could
    be really amazing.

    How much difference do you find lighter pedals / cranks make? Although
    they're rotating weight, they are pretty close to the centre of the
    wheel (esp. with short cranks) so I wouldn't have expected them to
    "feel" that much different?

    How much difference does a CF saddle base make? Can you really feel
    the weight difference, or is it mainly the extra stiffness that
    matters?

    --
    mark williamson

    Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
    pedals!
    Mark: To answer a question with a question: What use is a skateboard?
    Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
    Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mark williamson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11301
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  2. GizmoDuck said:


    I don't have accurate enough scales to give a good measure of the whole
    unicycle- but on my bathroom scales it weighs just over 6kg.

    Woooah, if that's right that's less than either of the KH munis. That's
    super duper light. You've saved over 2kg over the stock coker.

    Is that the narrow UDC hub for weight saving, or the wider one?

    Building up this kind of wheel and stuff is way cheaper now, you can
    build a fantastic coker for £320 on unicycle.co.uk, with stainless
    spokes, alloy seatpost and everything (see below). Obviously the
    super-posh stuff like the expensive carbon seatbases adds on a lot, but
    it's way cheaper than it used to be.

    36 x Spokes £22.68
    1 x Unicycle.com Extra-Wi... £32.00
    1 x Coker 36" Tyre £65.00
    1 x Black Alloy Cranks £17.00
    1 x Inner tube 36" Coker ... £13.50
    1 x KHE Stimulatorz Pedal... £15.00
    1 x Airfoil 36-inch Rim £90.00
    1 x Kris Holm Fusion Sadd... £29.00
    1 x Replacement Unicycle ... £28.00
    1 x Qu-ax Aluminium Seatp... £8.00

    Joe

    --
    joemarshall

    my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    joemarshall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1545
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  3. GizmoDuck said:


    My new Diet Coker setup:
    Coker Tyre, Stans Tubeless conversion
    Airfoil rim
    Tommy Miller SS spokes
    Standard UDC hub
    Schlumpf alloy 114mm cranks (~300g vs the 500g 110mm Bicycle Euros I
    had previously)
    Wellgo MG-1 Magnesium pedals (370g vs 680g for my trusty sealed Snafus)

    Schlumpf 1st Generation reject frame (850g vs 1100g for my old Std
    Coker frame)
    Miyata carbon seat, dual density foam (I haven't weighed this, but it's
    at least 100g lighter than my KH Carbon seat with heavy foam that I
    used at Unicon).
    Wallis Deathgrip Carbon handles (about 400g lighter than the GB4
    handle+grips, but I still prefer the GB4. Will swap over for the
    purpose of this exercise).

    Beautiful ride.

    Thanks for such a detailed list, Ken. My Radial is quite heavy and
    this gives me several suggestions of how/what to upgrade.

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  4. 'Ahem' (http://tinyurl.com/eknmc)! 🙂

    --
    yoopers

    `_______
    /L ,[____],
    L---L –0LLLLLLL0-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

    Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them
    from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

    Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone
    happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one
    can assume! - Dr. Bobo

    unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
    unicycledude93: Yoopers
    Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  5. joemarshall said:

    you can build a fantastic coker for £320 on unicycle.co.uk

    See attachment for example. This is in no way an 'I've got new toys too'
    post.

    Mine isn't quite like that. The flat pedals I got don't take toe clips,
    so are going on the muni and have been replaced with cheap cage type
    pedals. And I saved money by getting a 29er tube rather than a coker
    tube. I then killed 3 tubes getting the tyre on the rim - bit of a
    tight fit. Took me a lot longer to get the tyre on properly than it did
    to build the wheel. The tyre is a radial, not the coker one. It's the
    first time I've felt a coker tyre seperately from a wheel - they're not
    light. Makes you wonder what they'd be like with something like a 36"
    big apple. We can dream...

    And another 'woo' for unicycle.uk.com - big random list of bits, and it
    gets delivered 22 hours after ordering.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: IMG_2192a.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/14933 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    johnhimsworth

    Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level and then
    beat you with experience.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  6. mark williamson said:

    Wow Ken,
    How much difference do you find lighter pedals / cranks make? Although
    they're rotating weight, they are pretty close to the centre of the
    wheel (esp. with short cranks) so I wouldn't have expected them to
    "feel" that much different?

    Not as much as saving weight on the tube, but still noticeable
    especially when you've dropped over 1/2kg. You could try attaching a
    heavy crank/pedal set to a non-built up hub and then swinging it round
    and round. Now do the same with the light set. Now do it at 100+rpm
    and you get an idea of how much difference it makes.

    I don't think the carbon base is that much lighter than a plastic seat,
    but I like the stiffness especially when I'm standing up and putting my
    weight on the handle. More so with a large handle like the GB4.

    --
    GizmoDuck

    'SINZ Unitour 2007' (http://www.sinzuni.org)
    'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)
    'Laos Unicycle Tour 2006' (http://www.laosunitour.org)

    The Monguni tour 2008....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GizmoDuck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/794
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  7. joemarshall said:

    Woooah, if that's right that's less than either of the KH munis. That's
    super duper light. You've saved over 2kg over the stock coker.

    Is that the narrow UDC hub for weight saving, or the wider one?

    Building up this kind of wheel and stuff is way cheaper now, you can
    build a fantastic coker for £320 on unicycle.co.uk, with stainless
    spokes, alloy seatpost and everything (see below). Obviously the
    super-posh stuff like the expensive carbon seatbases adds on a lot, but
    it's way cheaper than it used to be.

    36 x Spokes £22.68
    1 x Unicycle.com Extra-Wi... £32.00
    1 x Coker 36" Tyre £65.00
    1 x Black Alloy Cranks £17.00
    1 x Inner tube 36" Coker ... £13.50
    1 x KHE Stimulatorz Pedal... £15.00
    1 x Airfoil 36-inch Rim £90.00
    1 x Kris Holm Fusion Sadd... £29.00
    1 x Replacement Unicycle ... £28.00
    1 x Qu-ax Aluminium Seatp... £8.00

    Joe

    I've got the narrow hub on the frame- I like the narrower Q-factor and
    I had not noticed any flex in the wheel on the old frame. This frame
    seems to flex slightly more however. It's no big deal to switch the
    frame back to the stock, I'll only add back 250g to it, after having
    saved well over 1kg.

    What's the KHE Stimulatorz pedal?

    For regular riding I would normally prefer the GB4 handle and straight
    cranks. However, it's also nice to be able to ride a superlight Coker
    just to see how much difference it makes. The tubeless kit is the
    nicest part of my Coker IMHO, and lighter than the tube set-up. Makes
    a big difference to the quality of the ride.

    --
    GizmoDuck

    'SINZ Unitour 2007' (http://www.sinzuni.org)
    'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)
    'Laos Unicycle Tour 2006' (http://www.laosunitour.org)

    The Monguni tour 2008....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GizmoDuck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/794
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  8. yoopers said:

    'Ahem' (http://tinyurl.com/eknmc)! 🙂

    Ok you beat me to it. So how many calories does your Diet Coker have?
    :p

    My Diet Coker can be converted to a Vanilla Coker (for MUni), Lime
    Coker (for racing). It can be mixed with bourbon to make an alcoholic
    Coker (for Unitouring).

    What can yours do?

    --
    GizmoDuck

    'SINZ Unitour 2007' (http://www.sinzuni.org)
    'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)
    'Laos Unicycle Tour 2006' (http://www.laosunitour.org)

    The Monguni tour 2008....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GizmoDuck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/794
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  9. That is a very nice uni. I have been thinking about getting into
    cokering cause i like riding around the streets for exercise and for
    just getting out. and can you explain these air brakes, i havent heard
    of this before.

    --
    The Bruiser

    lvl 4 unicyclist!! w00t w00t!
    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=222922
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Bruiser's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11352
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  10. That's a beautiful piece of equipment there, Ken. And it's unbelieveably
    light at 6kg, although your bathroom scale is not designed to weigh
    cats. I used a 25 lb full limit scale and had to remove the seat and
    weigh it separately to get an accurate estimate of a stock Coker with
    steel rim. My measurement was about 27 pounds or about 12.25 kg.
    BlueShift weighed in at 15 pounds or about 6.82 kg.

    Sounds nimble, though. If you can get the wheel set down that far you
    can really whip it around quickly. It makes riding skinnies easier.
    Scott makes fantastic stuff, doesn't he? That grip of his is unreal.

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    *jc is the only main man. there can be no other.*

    This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  11. The Bruiser said:

    That is a very nice uni. I have been thinking about getting into
    cokering cause i like riding around the streets for exercise and for
    just getting out. and can you explain these air brakes, i havent heard
    of this before.

    I love my airbrake- it's soooo light!

    I've attached a photo of it:

    --
    GizmoDuck

    'SINZ Unitour 2007' (http://www.sinzuni.org)
    'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)
    'Laos Unicycle Tour 2006' (http://www.laosunitour.org)

    The Monguni tour 2008....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GizmoDuck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/794
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  12. harper said:

    That's a beautiful piece of equipment there, Ken. And it's unbelieveably
    light at 6kg, although your bathroom scale is not designed to weigh
    cats. I used a 25 lb full limit scale and had to remove the seat and
    weigh it separately to get an accurate estimate of a stock Coker with
    steel rim. My measurement was about 27 pounds or about 12.25 kg.
    BlueShift weighed in at 15 pounds or about 6.82 kg.

    I just put my JC Coker on the (digital) bathroom scale and it came to
    21.4 lb (9.7 kg). It's a tank, but less of a tank than a stock Coker.

    I haven't considered weight in choosing the parts for it. I could do
    many things to lower the weight. I'm back to the stock Coker tube so a
    29er tube or a tubeless conversion would lower some weight. I have the
    TA tire on it which I like. The tire will get lighter as it wears
    down. I have a Magura brake on it. A steel rail adapter and steel
    carriage bolts in the seat. I do have an aluminum seatpost. Frame is
    a steel GB4 and I have no idea how much it weighs.

    My JC Coker handle is all aluminum. I haven't weighed it separately.
    It is modular and easily removable.

    I keep considering a Stans tubeless conversion. My main concern is
    that it would probably (possibly) burp air when I have to squeeze the
    tire to fit it between the brake pads every time the wheel is removed
    or inserted. And I don't have an air compressor.

    The stock Coker tube makes the wheel feel like a slug at times
    (especially when climbing). I took it for a ride today and looked down
    at the tire several times to see if the tire was losing air because it
    felt like such a slug. It felt better when I had the 29er tube.

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Team Dirty Muni
    Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
    'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
    'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  13. GizmoDuck said:

    Not as much as saving weight on the tube, but still noticeable
    especially when you've dropped over 1/2kg.

    I had the same experience this weekend when I tried my non-splined
    MUni after having ridden 2.5 years on a KH24. The cotterless hub on
    the old MUni is easily 1 kg (over 2 lbs) lighter than the splined KH
    hub (according to unicycle.uk.com). And the difference in handling is
    VERY noticeable.

    Indeed, such 'hardly rotating' weight near the hub still does more to
    how responsive the unicycle feels than e.g. weight that's in the
    saddle - let alone weight in the rider.

    The reason why weight in the rim or tyre is so important is that it
    resists acceleration and deceleration of the wheel. A big part of that
    is rotational inertia. Granted, a hub does rotate too, but the
    rotational inertia is quite small due to the hub being so close to the
    axis of rotation. Same with cranks but to a lesser degree.

    Now, when you accellerate the wheel e.g for keeping balance, the hub
    mass has to undergo linear accelleration, and it will resist that too.
    Conversely, the seat does not directly accellerate forward (or not as
    much) when you push the wheel forward. On the contrary, when you push
    the wheel forward to regain balance, the objective is to bring the
    wheel back under the seat so it (the wheel) has to accellerate more.

    A long-winded way to say that mass in hub, pedals and cranks is still
    an important factor in responsiveness of a unicycle.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    "I'm slowly but surely stealing Wales and bringing it back to my house on the wheel, frame and cranks of my muni. - phil"

  14. GizmoDuck said:

    I've got the narrow hub on the frame- I like the narrower Q-factor and I
    had not noticed any flex in the wheel on the old frame. This frame
    seems to flex slightly more however. It's no big deal to switch the
    frame back to the stock, I'll only add back 250g to it, after having
    saved well over 1kg.

    What's the KHE Stimulatorz pedal?

    Plastic bmx platforms - apparently you can put metal pins in them to
    make them okay. They're quite lightweight. Not as nice as the magnesium
    ones but way cheaper. Thinking about it though, I'd buy Azonic Fusion
    pedals not from unicycle.com if I wanted platforms, or some cage pedals
    like John has if I wanted clips, would add about a fiver to the cost.

    Have you compared the weight to your munis, how does it compare to
    them?

    Joe

    --
    joemarshall

    my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    joemarshall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1545
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  15. GizmoDuck said:

    It can be mixed with bourbon to make an alcoholic Coker

    If somebody in Italy built one it could be a Roman Coker :p
    (sorry)

    Rob

    --
    rob.northcott

    'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46116) - Last
    weekend in May 2006
    Same again next year anyone? It'll be dry, I promise.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rob.northcott's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7436
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  16. Klaas Bil said:

    On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 19:10:28 -0500, GizmoDuck
    I had the same experience this weekend when I tried my non-splined
    MUni after having ridden 2.5 years on a KH24. The cotterless hub on
    the old MUni is easily 1 kg (over 2 lbs) lighter than the splined KH
    hub (according to unicycle.uk.com). And the difference in handling is
    VERY noticeable.

    OK, that's very interesting, and very useful to know.

    Quoted message said:


    The reason why weight in the rim or tyre is so important is that it
    resists acceleration and deceleration of the wheel. A big part of that
    is rotational inertia. Granted, a hub does rotate too, but the
    rotational inertia is quite small due to the hub being so close to the
    axis of rotation. Same with cranks but to a lesser degree.

    Exactly. When thinking about the handling of the unicycle I usually
    focus on the moment of inertia of the wheel (which, to my mind,
    determines much of the "beastiness" of controlling a 36" :-).

    Quoted message said:


    Now, when you accellerate the wheel e.g for keeping balance, the hub
    mass has to undergo linear accelleration, and it will resist that too.
    Conversely, the seat does not directly accellerate forward (or not as
    much) when you push the wheel forward. On the contrary, when you push
    the wheel forward to regain balance, the objective is to bring the
    wheel back under the seat so it (the wheel) has to accellerate more.

    A long-winded way to say that mass in hub, pedals and cranks is still
    an important factor in responsiveness of a unicycle.

    Ooooh, good point. I hadn't thought of it that way - makes a great deal
    of sense! I've already got alloy cranks on my 36er - guess I might
    start looking for some lighter weight pedals also.

    Handling is particularly important to me since I do a lot of riding
    around blissfully unaware pedestrian tourists, and because I have dodgy
    knees and they get less angry with me if I don't put lots of force
    through them!

    Thanks very much for the explanation, I'll add that to my mental list
    of "unicycle physics" :-)

    Cheers,
    Mark

    --
    "I'm slowly but surely stealing Wales and bringing it back to my house
    on the wheel, frame and cranks of my muni. - phil"

    --
    mark williamson

    Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
    pedals!
    Mark: To answer a question with a question: What use is a skateboard?
    Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
    Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mark williamson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11301
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  17. Noooooo.

    Now I wish people wouldn't talk about thier unicycles cos it only gets
    me thinking 😉

    The trouble with buying things that you've never had before is that you
    don't know what customisation you are going to need until you've used
    it a bit. After having (my first) coker for about 4 months now I have
    decided 2 things: one - I wanted to ride on 125 cranks, two - I wanted
    an airfoil rim and for the wheel to be a bit lighter for me to be able
    to turn the wheel with 125 cranks. In the meantime I had also realised
    that if I wanted to ride on 125 cranks I would have to get another
    frame because I would have to raise the short person's coker frame too
    far when I put on the shorter cranks.

    So this thread has got me thinking. Why not go for a diet coker since I
    would need a completely new unicycle? Joe's post was very useful. So I
    priced a similar set up on udc last night. Now all I have to do is find
    the money ...

    Cathy

    --
    cathwood

    Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

    http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cathwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  18. You don't have to think too much Cathy. Nice as all this
    'super-light-weight' optemisation can sound, it doesn't make nearly as
    much difference as riding lots.

    Unless you get obsessive about it and go for every possible component,
    like Ken's machine, the factor of improvement will be pretty low.

    I recently upgraded my 36er wheel from a stock Quax one to an
    airfoil-rimmed, stainless spoked one. Possibly the most significant
    change was the wider hub and carefully tentioned build, giving a
    tighter wheel. I never thought that it felt 'soft' before (over 2500
    miles of road use), and hasn't ever so much as hinted that it may even
    consider looking into the possibility of beginning the process of the
    slightest amount of tacoing. I also changed from 114 to 102mm cranks,
    which may affect the apparent feeling, but it certainly did feel like
    it turned more deftly and responsively.

    So, I felt that the new rim/spokes (though I think I really got it
    largely due to the old one being increasingly rusty, and the visual
    appeal of the airfoil) can make sudden sharp turns feel 'lighter'. But
    I don't think it makes it feel much different to ride along. Going up
    hill on a grim day and it can easily feel just as sluggish as it did in
    such situations before. After all, it's only a reduction of (plucking
    a figure from the air) something like 20% of the wheel's weight.

    (Deadly) Des may be the ultimate advocate of the minimal factor of
    equipment. He rode his first 24hr Mountain Mayhem race on a standard
    stock Coker, which had never been off-road before. He says that
    despite having an airfoil rim currently (I think due to the standard
    steel not being sold seperately when needing a replacement), he'd be
    just as happy to go back to a steel rim. He just rides whatever, and
    is one of the fastest/best at it.

    There may be a significant mental placebo effect. If you feel like you
    have a good, strong, light, fast wheel, you'll probably feel stronger
    and ride it faster. If you think that you're wheel sucks, it will
    probably seem heavier and slower than it is. May some go-faster
    stripes is what we all need.

    Crank length, on the other hand, can have a huge effect. 🙂 A 36"
    wheel with short (eg 110mm) cranks feels like a completely different
    creature to one with longer (eg 150mm) ones. And cranks can cost only
    £7/pair.

    My tuppence.

    Sam

    --
    redwelly

    "Sometimes you feel like pizza, somethings you feel like chocolate,
    sometimes you feel like throwing up, so it's really nice to be able to
    pick and choose." - Ken Looi
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    redwelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4518
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  19. UDC US doesn't have the right size frame for less than $500, it also
    doesn't have a 36" tire

    --
    Ducttape

    Spencer Hochberg said:

    Hey, I didn't know I was in a sig line!

    sparrowhawk said:

    ive been dreaming for years of the prediction made by the gods written
    on the scrolls of Korteweg that i will be in a signature on a odd
    invention made by man himself.....oh you can dream....you can
    dream🙄


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

  20. John,
    Not a major problem with burping. When the tyre is freshly converted
    to tubeless, you can make it burp by squeezing the tyre at low
    pressure. It's not a major problem as all it does is squirt some
    sealant in your face and then plugs the hole. You will need an
    aircompressor for the conversion though, or get your LBS to do it.

    Cathy,
    As you can see from Joes list- it doesn't cost that much to drop the
    weight significantly. And even from my Coker- it doesn't cost alot
    more than any other custom Coker. And you can see how little it costs
    to swap the cranks and pedals over to something lightweight.

    Mark,
    If you're riding around pedestrians, a lighter Coker is easier to
    decelerate and steer around them. The Diet Coker handles like a much
    smaller unicycle because it has less momentum.

    Sam,
    I like your Sig line!
    I do find that lightening the wheel makes a difference, and I'm pretty
    sure it's more than psychological. It's far easier to decelerate
    *(especially if you don't use a brake), and it feels more lively-
    easier to twist/turn/hop etc.
    When I first changed over my spokes and converted to tubeless, I found
    that I could go up a crank size (eg from 125's to 110's) and it would
    handle in a similar fashion. When I ride a regular Coker- it feels
    quite sluggish.

    --
    GizmoDuck

    'SINZ Unitour 2007' (http://www.sinzuni.org)
    'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)
    'Laos Unicycle Tour 2006' (http://www.laosunitour.org)

    The Monguni tour 2008....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GizmoDuck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/794
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52827

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.