Diference between the specialized epics

The Blue Randon

Guest
Two questions that wonder my mind and that is:

- Whats the diference between a Specialized Epic FSR with Brain 2002 and teh 2003 model?

-Wy i do see two diferent models for the standard Specialized Epic FSR with the brain in diferent
folders, flyers and webpages. One one picture there is s standard top tub without an extra part
from the top tube to the seat tube and one the other picture you see the extra tube from the top
tube to the seat tube. In the specialized European folder the only epic bike that has the extra
tube is the Marathon but i also see pictures with standard epics with the extra tube. help me out
here, and thanks.

Lonny

The Blue Randonneur wrote:
> Two questions that wonder my mind and that is:
>
> - Whats the diference between a Specialized Epic FSR with Brain 2002 and teh 2003 model?

There was a 2002 model? I thought it was brand new.

> -Wy i do see two diferent models for the standard Specialized Epic FSR with the brain in diferent
> folders, flyers and webpages. One one picture there is s standard top tub without an extra part
> from the top tube to the seat tube and one the other picture you see the extra tube from the top
> tube to the seat tube.

They're different models.

In the specialized European folder the only epic bike that has
> the extra tube is the Marathon but i also see pictures with standard epics with the extra tube.
> help me out here, and thanks.

All the bikes with the extra tube use disc brakes and are made from M5-XX Alloy. Possibly, they've
built in extra tubing to deal with the stresses resulting from disc brakes and a weaker / lighter
frame material(?). The Epic Disc doesn't have the tube, but uses a different type of alu.

Just my guess - you'd probably have to ask Specialized for a proper answer.

There is only 2003 epic.

An extra part near the seatpost? I am waiting for a confirmation, but that could be linked with size
of the bike. Larger size have it, smaller don't. Check the pictures more carefuly, you'll notice.

Ride on,

D'amir