Difference between ES70 and ES71 BB?

Mr. E. Mann

Guest
Is there a difference between Shimano ES 70 and an ES 71 bottom bracket? The canks I'm buying call
for an ES 50 or ES 70 bottom bracket. All I can find on the net is ES 51 or ES 71. Are these
completely different, or just the newest version? Does anyone know where I can order an ES 70 BB?

"Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Is there a difference between Shimano ES 70 and an ES 71 bottom bracket? The canks I'm buying call
| for an ES 50 or ES 70 bottom bracket. All I can find on the net is ES 51 or ES 71. Are these
| completely different, or just the newest version? Does anyone know where I can order an ES 70 BB?

No offence but have you ever heard of google?

Top result for es70 bottom bracket is:

http://www.bikehell.com/index.php?item_id=282&company=Shimano

Simon

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>| Is there a difference between Shimano ES 70 and an ES 71 bottom bracket? The canks I'm buying
>| call for an ES 50 or ES 70 bottom bracket. All I can find on the net is ES 51 or ES 71. Are these
>| completely different, or just the newest version? Does anyone know where I can order an ES 70 BB?
>
> No offence but have you ever heard of google?

Sorry, I meant the only thing I can find from places that I know I can trust is es 71. The link
below doesn't really look like a place I would want to shop at unless I heard a lot of good things
from a lot of people. BTW, the first place I go when I have a question like this is Google. Bikehell
just doesn't sound to reassuring.

"D T W .../\\..." <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Is there a difference between Shimano ES 70 and an ES 71 bottom bracket? The canks I'm buying
>> call for an ES 50 or ES 70 bottom bracket. All I can find on the net is ES 51 or ES 71. Are these
>> completely different, or just the newest version? Does anyone know where I can order an ES 70 BB?
>

> http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/

One of the first places I looked was at the shimano web site, but I couldn't find anything telling
my if they interchangeable. Anyway, I found a place and ordered the ES 70.

Thanks for the help.