Difference between ES70 and ES71 BB?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mr. E. Mann, Apr 2, 2003.

  1. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    Is there a difference between Shimano ES 70 and an ES 71 bottom bracket? The canks I'm buying call
    for an ES 50 or ES 70 bottom bracket. All I can find on the net is ES 51 or ES 71. Are these
    completely different, or just the newest version? Does anyone know where I can order an ES 70 BB?

    Tags:

  2. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Is there a difference between Shimano ES 70 and an ES 71 bottom bracket? The canks I'm buying call
    | for an ES 50 or ES 70 bottom bracket. All I can find on the net is ES 51 or ES 71. Are these
    | completely different, or just the newest version? Does anyone know where I can order an ES 70 BB?

    No offence but have you ever heard of google?

    Top result for es70 bottom bracket is:

    http://www.bikehell.com/index.php?item_id=282&company=Shimano

    Simon

    http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/

    --
    DTW .../\.../\.../\...

  4. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >| Is there a difference between Shimano ES 70 and an ES 71 bottom bracket? The canks I'm buying
    >| call for an ES 50 or ES 70 bottom bracket. All I can find on the net is ES 51 or ES 71. Are these
    >| completely different, or just the newest version? Does anyone know where I can order an ES 70 BB?
    >
    > No offence but have you ever heard of google?

    Sorry, I meant the only thing I can find from places that I know I can trust is es 71. The link
    below doesn't really look like a place I would want to shop at unless I heard a lot of good things
    from a lot of people. BTW, the first place I go when I have a question like this is Google. Bikehell
    just doesn't sound to reassuring.

    > Top result for es70 bottom bracket is:
    >
    > http://www.bikehell.com/index.php?item_id=282&company=Shimano
    >
    > Simon

  5. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    "D T W .../\\..." <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Is there a difference between Shimano ES 70 and an ES 71 bottom bracket? The canks I'm buying
    >> call for an ES 50 or ES 70 bottom bracket. All I can find on the net is ES 51 or ES 71. Are these
    >> completely different, or just the newest version? Does anyone know where I can order an ES 70 BB?
    >

    > http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/

    One of the first places I looked was at the shimano web site, but I couldn't find anything telling
    my if they interchangeable. Anyway, I found a place and ordered the ES 70.

    Thanks for the help.