Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Difference Between Shimano 7400, 7401, and 7402 Cranks?

Started by David White · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,183 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
9 June 2004
Last activity
9 June 2004
Original author
David White
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,183
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello and thanks in advance for any info.

    I have a set of Shimano 7402, 8-speed cranks with which I am
    very happy. I have seen similar looking cranks but with
    model number 7400 and (I think) 7401. Can anyone clarily the
    differences between these models? I am particularly
    interested in differences in q-factor.

    Thanks,

    David Seattle

  2. << I have a set of Shimano 7402, 8-speed cranks with which I
    am very happy. I have seen similar looking cranks but with
    model number 7400 and (I think) 7401. Can anyone clarily the
    differences between these models? I am particularly
    interested in differences in q-factor. >>

    I don't know if they made a 7401 crankset. I owned both the
    7400 and the 7402. I believe the crankarms are identical.
    There may have been a slight difference in the chainrings as
    originally equipped, i.e. the 7402 had "SuperGlide" rings.
    The 7400 bottom bracket was designated for use with both
    cranksets.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.