Difference between these cycling shoes?

Tablo

Jul 17, 2011
Hello,

I'm looking to invest in cycling shoes but don't want spend a whole lot of money. A friend recommended either Specialized or Sidi shoes. After browsing nashbar.com I came across these two that I liked (mostly on price).

I'm leaning toward the indoor cycling shoes because they're cheaper, but I'm not sure what does it mean that it's in "indoor" shoe?
Would it just be worth it to purchase the Zephyr Carbons?

Also if there are better alternatives, please, do share!

Thanks in advance

The two shoes have different cleat bolt patterns - so your first question should be, will these work with my pedals.

What pedals do you have?

cycling shoes sizes is not an exact science ! you need to try them, one size number across different brands make for different fit, once you own a certain shoe and want to replace it, its much safer to buy the same brand and size over the Internet, but still, there might be differences, the reason could be the tight fit that a cycling shoe needs to have on the cyclist feet to give the best comfort and performance on your ride,

I was going to buy the speedplay X-5 road pedals.
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_200004_-1___

I was going to try on these shoes at the bike shop then probably just buy them from nashbar if they're cheaper there.

but yea, wat makes an indoor shoe and "indoor" shoe? I guess that my main question

thanks!!

I was going to buy the speedplay X-5 road pedals.
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_200004_-1___

I was going to try on these shoes at the bike shop then probably just buy them from nashbar if they're cheaper there.

but yea, wat makes an indoor shoe and "indoor" shoe? I guess that my main question

thanks!!

Indoor shoes are designed to be worn in a gym for spinning classes.
The Sidi Zepher shoes are not compatable with the pedals you are planning on getting.

davereo said:
Indoor shoes are designed to be worn in a gym for spinning classes.
The Sidi Zepher shoes are not compatable with the pedals you are planning on getting.
The Zephyr's have the 3 hole pattern, so they are compatible with Speedplay road pedals.

Originally Posted by alienator .

The Zephyr's have the 3 hole pattern, so they are compatible with Speedplay road pedals.

I said "not compatAble" with an A. Thats Bostonian for perfect fit. Only owning Look I always thought that three holes were Look compatible and Speed Play was 2 hole. Learn something new every day.

davereo said:
I said "not compatAble" with an A. Thats Bostonian for perfect fit. Only owning Look I always thought that three holes were Look compatible and Speed Play was 2 hole. Learn something new every day.

The bolt for pattern that's optimal for Speedplay is actually a 4 bolt pattern, but with their cleats comes a plate that has four holes to which the cleat is mounted and three holes with which to mount the plate to the shoe.

So I should go for the zephyrs since I shouldnt wear the indoor shoes outside? (I thought maybe i could even tho its specified for indoors)

Tablo said:
So I should go for the zephyrs since I shouldnt wear the indoor shoes outside? (I thought maybe i could even tho its specified for indoors)
If the Zephyrs fit and are comfortable, those would be the shoes to buy if the only two options are the Zephyrs and the Vigos.

do you have any other suggestions?

main reason i went for the zephyrs is because they were the cheapest sidi's lolol =/