Difference between US and UK WW?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Vlad, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Vlad

    Vlad Guest

    Hi,

    I've recently started the UK WW points program and we only measure saturated fats and calories.
    Dietary Fibre isn't included at all.

    Why is this?

    cheers

    VlaD

    Tags:

  2. not sure why the programs are different but welcome to this group, Lee
    Vlad <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've recently started the UK WW points program and we only measure saturated fats and calories.
    > Dietary Fibre isn't included at all.
    >
    > Why is this?
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > VlaD

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    We figure we are all lab rats and WW is just experimenting on us differently in different areas to
    see what really works and what does not.

    That and food labeling requirements vary so that some info is not available. I would have to
    guess that all of the various schemes (Europe and Aust/NZ and others??? South American care to
    chime in anywhere???) work because you are reducing overall calories or intake no matter which
    system is used.