Differences in Trek Model years?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Trg, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Trg

    Trg Guest

    What are the differences in the 5200/5500 frames/forks (other than paint schemes) in models from
    1999- 2004?

    How about the differences in the shimano Ultegra group on the 5200 in those years?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > What are the differences in the 5200/5500 frames/forks (other than paint schemes) in models from
    > 1999- 2004?
    >
    > How about the differences in the shimano Ultegra group on the 5200 in
    those
    > years?

    From 1999 or even 1998 the only cahanges beside the paint are that they have gone from 1" to
    11/8" headtube and a straight fork. I'll guess Mike will chime in here soon and correct me if I'm
    wrong. Hjalmar

  3. Fastrack

    Fastrack Guest

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:33:44 +0200, "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> What are the differences in the 5200/5500 frames/forks (other than paint schemes) in models from
    >> 1999- 2004?
    >>
    >> How about the differences in the shimano Ultegra group on the 5200 in
    >those
    >> years?
    >>
    >From 1999 or even 1998 the only cahanges beside the paint are that they have gone from 1" to
    >11/8" headtube and a straight fork. I'll guess Mike will chime in here soon and correct me if I'm
    >wrong. Hjalmar

    The new 5500 (carbon 120g) has the 5900 fork.

    The 5200 has the same set up as 2003.

    Dave Lettieri FasTrack Bicycles 118 W. Canon Perdido Santa Barbara, CA 93101 805-884-0210
    775-248-7632 Fax 805-680-7094 Cell

    www.fastrackbicycles.com

  4. > What are the differences in the 5200/5500 frames/forks (other than paint schemes) in models from
    > 1999- 2004?
    >
    > How about the differences in the shimano Ultegra group on the 5200 in
    those
    > years?

    For the OCLV TREK, check out this page on our website-

    www.ChainReaction.com/oclvhistory.htm

    The Ultegra groups were originally 8-speed, with all 8-speed STI Ultegra years being the same (no
    real changes). No triple 8-speed Ultegras were made. The first year of Ultegra 9-speed had STI
    levers with both FliteDeck buttons on one side, while later years had one button on each lever.
    Ultegra 9-speed triples were available from the start.