different combos

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by David L, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. David L

    David L Guest

    anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or anyone using front hydro disc,
    and rear hydro magura v's?

    any input into this matter?

    Dave

    http://www.pbase.com/david_101/bike_stuff

    Tags:

  2. On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:41:20 -0000, "David L" <[email protected]> wrote:

    |anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or anyone |using front hydro disc,
    and rear hydro magura v's?

    |any input into this matter?

    I ran Magura hydro discs up front and Magura hydro rim brakes in the rear for a while.

    They worked just fine, if you don't want to build up a rear disc wheel.

    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  3. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    David L wrote:
    > anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or anyone using front hydro disc,
    > and rear hydro magura v's?
    >
    > any input into this matter?
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/david_101/bike_stuff

    Was just discussed in length. Check google.

    David

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    David L <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or anyone using front hydro disc,
    > and rear hydro magura v's?
    >
    > any input into this matter?
    >
    > Dave

    Not me, but I have considered running a mech rear (front is Hope hydro) instead of V's - only reason
    at all I want disc at the rear is because of rim wear with v-brakes (they stop me no worries), so
    cheap mechs might be the way to go, me being skint and all.

    Shaun aRe

  5. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:41:20 -0000, "David L" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > |anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or
    anyone
    > |using front hydro disc, and rear hydro magura v's?
    > |
    > |any input into this matter?
    >
    > I ran Magura hydro discs up front and Magura hydro rim brakes in the rear for a while.

    They make hydraulic rim brakes?!? (Like, V's???)

    > They worked just fine, if you don't want to build up a rear disc wheel.

    Bill "just bought a set of Crossmax XL's, so committed to rim brakes for foreseeable future" S.

  6. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:41:20 -0000, "David L" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > |anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or
    > anyone
    > > |using front hydro disc, and rear hydro magura v's?
    > > |
    > > |any input into this matter?
    > >
    > > I ran Magura hydro discs up front and Magura hydro rim brakes in the rear for a while.
    >
    > They make hydraulic rim brakes?!? (Like, V's???)

    http://www.magura.com/english/frameset/default.htm

    bottom of the page

    Chris

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:41:20 -0000, "David L" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > |anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or
    > anyone
    > > |using front hydro disc, and rear hydro magura v's?
    > > |
    > > |any input into this matter?
    > >
    > > I ran Magura hydro discs up front and Magura hydro rim brakes in the rear for a while.
    >
    > They make hydraulic rim brakes?!? (Like, V's???)
    >
    > > They worked just fine, if you don't want to build up a rear disc wheel.
    >
    > Bill "just bought a set of Crossmax XL's, so committed to rim brakes for foreseeable future" S.

    Wow - I can't believe you didn't know?!?!? They are a favourite amongst the trials crowd for
    starters, and peeps here often mention them.

    Shaun aRe