different combos

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:41:20 -0000, "David L" <[email protected]> wrote:

|anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or anyone |using front hydro disc,
and rear hydro magura v's?

|any input into this matter?

I ran Magura hydro discs up front and Magura hydro rim brakes in the rear for a while.

They worked just fine, if you don't want to build up a rear disc wheel.

Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

David L wrote:
> anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or anyone using front hydro disc,
> and rear hydro magura v's?
>
> any input into this matter?
>
> Dave
>
> http://www.pbase.com/david_101/bike_stuff

Was just discussed in length. Check google.

David

David L <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or anyone using front hydro disc,
> and rear hydro magura v's?
>
> any input into this matter?
>
> Dave

Not me, but I have considered running a mech rear (front is Hope hydro) instead of V's - only reason
at all I want disc at the rear is because of rim wear with v-brakes (they stop me no worries), so
cheap mechs might be the way to go, me being skint and all.

Shaun aRe

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:41:20 -0000, "David L" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> |anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or
anyone
> |using front hydro disc, and rear hydro magura v's?
> |
> |any input into this matter?
>
> I ran Magura hydro discs up front and Magura hydro rim brakes in the rear for a while.

They make hydraulic rim brakes?!? (Like, V's???)

> They worked just fine, if you don't want to build up a rear disc wheel.

Bill "just bought a set of Crossmax XL's, so committed to rim brakes for foreseeable future" S.

> "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:41:20 -0000, "David L" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > |anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or
> anyone
> > |using front hydro disc, and rear hydro magura v's?
> > |
> > |any input into this matter?
> >
> > I ran Magura hydro discs up front and Magura hydro rim brakes in the rear for a while.
>
> They make hydraulic rim brakes?!? (Like, V's???)

http://www.magura.com/english/frameset/default.htm

bottom of the page

Chris

Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:41:20 -0000, "David L" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > |anyone running hydraulic front, and mechanical rear disc breaks, or
> anyone
> > |using front hydro disc, and rear hydro magura v's?
> > |
> > |any input into this matter?
> >
> > I ran Magura hydro discs up front and Magura hydro rim brakes in the rear for a while.
>
> They make hydraulic rim brakes?!? (Like, V's???)
>
> > They worked just fine, if you don't want to build up a rear disc wheel.
>
> Bill "just bought a set of Crossmax XL's, so committed to rim brakes for foreseeable future" S.

Wow - I can't believe you didn't know?!?!? They are a favourite amongst the trials crowd for
starters, and peeps here often mention them.

Shaun aRe