Digital Camera for Touring Pics

Pamela Dallas

Guest
A few weeks ago I initiated an ARBR thread on digital cameras, and was much gratified by the
me, because it's point-and-shoot, has 3X zoom, and uses two AA batteries, handy if your rechargables
peter out while on tour. User reviews of this camera on C|Net are overwhelmingly positive.

Yesterday I found a good price, $169.00 at PC-Mall.com, and they've got a "free shipping" promotion
going on thru the end of February (actually, you have to return a PDF rebate form to reclaim your
shipping costs).

I have no experience with this vendor. Have any of you purchased from them? And if so, did you have
any problems?

Thanks! Pamela 2001 BikeE RX

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Pamela
Dallas) wrote:

> Yesterday I found a good price, $169.00 at PC-Mall.com, and they've got a "free shipping"
> promotion going on thru the end of February (actually, you have to return a PDF rebate form to
> reclaim your shipping costs).
>
> I have no experience with this vendor. Have any of you purchased from them? And if so, did you
> have any problems?

I've used them, although not recently. Their marketing in the past has been a bit sleazy,
advertising good prices - then sticking "refurb" in tiny print nearby.

Never had any problems with the actual purchase or delivery.

-Carl

Through the NG. I found the astounding site www.dpreview.com . Everything you'd ever want to know
about digital photography. It led me to buy the Olympus C-4000Z from one of the authorized dealers
CNET listed for $379 delivered, no tax and A stock product. In this case, Harmony or Harmon
Computers in NY.

I bought it specifically to get "action" shots. The thing fires and autofocuses in a jif and I am
almost going to admit that it rivals my SLR stuff. I've taken some pretty decent "bent action" shots
with it. Get that Canon S900 printer as long as you have the plastic out. Geez, does that rock?

Digital photography technology has grown up a lot in the last 6 months.

Rod Kuehl RANS V2 Challenge Wizard Riverview, FL

"Pamela Dallas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A few weeks ago I initiated an ARBR thread on digital cameras, and was much gratified by the
> for me, because it's point-and-shoot, has 3X zoom, and uses two AA batteries, handy if your
> rechargables peter out while on tour. User reviews of this camera on C|Net are overwhelmingly
> positive.

I have a finepix for biking, etc, its small size is great and it takes nice photos. mine has a
bigger zoom, but i am sure the rest of the finepix series are good cameras too.

> Yesterday I found a good price, $169.00 at PC-Mall.com, and they've got a "free shipping"
> promotion going on thru the end of February (actually, you have to return a PDF rebate form to
> reclaim your shipping costs).
>
> I have no experience with this vendor. Have any of you purchased from them? And if so, did you
> have any problems?

I would only buy from vendors that had been reviewed on one of the deal finder sites or else you
run the risk of buying fake or reconditioned goods.. ibuydigital.com is dealtime certified, has
good reviews and that camera is 169$ there. Profeel is 168.95 and has a perfect 5 stars of reviews
at dealtime.

http://www.profeelvideo.com/showpage.asp?itemid=3740&source=dealtime

Bizrate has a bunch of vendors for this camera:
http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/product_info/overview/index__cat_id--402,
prod_id--7022134,de_id--200,name--Fuji%20FinePix%202650.html

[email protected] (Pamela Dallas) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> A few weeks ago I initiated an ARBR thread on digital cameras, and was much gratified by the
> for me, because it's point-and-shoot, has 3X zoom, and uses two AA batteries, handy if your
> rechargables peter out while on tour. User reviews of this camera on C|Net are overwhelmingly
> positive.
>
> Yesterday I found a good price, $169.00 at PC-Mall.com, and they've got a "free shipping"
> promotion going on thru the end of February (actually, you have to return a PDF rebate form to
> reclaim your shipping costs).
>
> I have no experience with this vendor. Have any of you purchased from them? And if so, did you
> have any problems?

Although PC-mall.com is not listed, http://bizrate.com/ list 54 vendors selling the Fuji 2650 w/
reviews for each vendor. Maybe that will be of some help.

[email protected] (Pamela Dallas) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> A few weeks ago I initiated an ARBR thread on digital cameras, and was much gratified by the
> for me, because it's point-and-shoot, has 3X zoom, and uses two AA batteries, handy if your
> rechargables peter out while on tour. User reviews of this camera on C|Net are overwhelmingly
> positive.
>
> Yesterday I found a good price, $169.00 at PC-Mall.com, and they've got a "free shipping"
> promotion going on thru the end of February (actually, you have to return a PDF rebate form to
> reclaim your shipping costs).
>
> I have no experience with this vendor. Have any of you purchased from them? And if so, did you
> have any problems?

If you have a KMart near you that is going out of business, you may want to check there too. I got
my first digital camera when our Kmart was closing last year. I purchased a Samsung Digimax 210se
for $169.00 which was a great buy at the time. Kmart also carries Fuji so it's worth a shot if
you're looking for the best price.

Good Choice Pam. I have a good friend that purchased one of the Fuji 2650's and is really happy with
it. I'm getting ready to head over to Circuit City tomorrow (After my little fast sprint ride with
the local DF Hammerhead bunch) and check out a Canon IXUS S230 digital camera. CC finally got more
in. Although there are clearly CHEAPER Places to purchase it; I like CC's return policy, in case the
camera fails to meet my expectations. NOT THAT I REALLY GOING TO BUY IT, RIGHT NOW........) Another
posters observations on: http://www.dpreview.com/ is RIGHT ON! It's a great place to check out
digital camera's and other stuff. Another pretty good website is: http://www.steves-digicams.com/
too. So when you get some good picts Pam, why not post them and then post their link info here in
the NG! EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"R.White" wrote:

> Although PC-mall.com is not listed, http://bizrate.com/ list 54 vendors selling the Fuji 2650 w/
> reviews for each vendor. Maybe that will be of some help.

I suggest checking carefully what you are actually getting from online/mail order vendors, and then
compare prices to what the local camera stores charge. The mail order may not be the best deal when
warranties and service availability are compared.

I just purchased a Fuji A203 which is very easy to use, and has more than adequate picture
quality/resolution for my purposes. Uploading the pictures to my laptop is VERY easy since I have a
PCMCIA adapter card for the flash memory chips - I just plug the card in the computer, and it
behaves as a virtual disc drive. This also means I do not need the camera at hand and/or on to
download pictures.

I have not used the Sunpak rechargeable LR-6 (AA) NiMH batteries and charger yet, so I can not
comment on them at this point.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's