Dilema

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Garykerr4

A mate of mine is getting rid of his Cannondale T2000 tourer. It has a sloping top tube and is 23"
centre to top. The next size down is a 21" (is this normal for tourers?). I normally ride a 56cm
centre to top 22" approx. He only wants £500 and it is a year old and has done only about 40 miles.
It looks to big but I have set it up and ridden it my crotch is almost touching the top tube but not
quite. What should I do buy it or get something else. I need to make a decision soon.

Help, any comment will be gratefully received.

They key is are you going to be comfortable & happy riding it. If you are - great. If you aren't,
even if it cost 1p you haven't got a bargain, so to speak
:)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

"garykerr4" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> A mate of mine is getting rid of his Cannondale T2000 tourer. It has a sloping top tube and is 23"
> centre to top. The next size down is a 21" (is this normal for tourers?). I normally ride a 56cm
> centre to top 22"
approx.
> He only wants £500 and it is a year old and has done only about 40 miles. It looks to big but I
> have set it up and ridden it my crotch is almost touching the top tube but not quite. What should
> I do buy it or get something else. I need to make a decision soon.
>
> Help, any comment will be gratefully received.
>
>
The thing to do is to work out how long the top tube would be if it was horizontal by measuring to
the middle of the seat pin. For instance I have a Medium giant TCR on which the equivalent top tube
measurement is 55.5 cm this is right for my needs. All the best.

Stan Cox

"Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:aroa.268> >
> The thing to do is to work out how long the top tube would be if it was horizontal by measuring to
> the middle of the seat pin. For instance I have
a
> Medium giant TCR on which the equivalent top tube measurement is 55.5 cm this is right for my
> needs. All the best.
>
> Stan Cox
>
>
Replying to myself again :) Just had a look on the Cannondale site at
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/02/geo-27.html and it shows a horizontal seat tube length of 57.2cm.
A tad longer than the 56 you normally ride. If you think it is too big then DONT buy it. I know from
experience that a frame that is too big is really annoying. All the best.

Stan Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.