Dilema

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Garykerr4, Apr 19, 2003.

  1. Garykerr4

    Garykerr4 Guest

    A mate of mine is getting rid of his Cannondale T2000 tourer. It has a sloping top tube and is 23"
    centre to top. The next size down is a 21" (is this normal for tourers?). I normally ride a 56cm
    centre to top 22" approx. He only wants £500 and it is a year old and has done only about 40 miles.
    It looks to big but I have set it up and ridden it my crotch is almost touching the top tube but not
    quite. What should I do buy it or get something else. I need to make a decision soon.

    Help, any comment will be gratefully received.

    Tags:

  2. They key is are you going to be comfortable & happy riding it. If you are - great. If you aren't,
    even if it cost 1p you haven't got a bargain, so to speak
    :)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "garykerr4" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > A mate of mine is getting rid of his Cannondale T2000 tourer. It has a sloping top tube and is 23"
    > centre to top. The next size down is a 21" (is this normal for tourers?). I normally ride a 56cm
    > centre to top 22"
    approx.
    > He only wants £500 and it is a year old and has done only about 40 miles. It looks to big but I
    > have set it up and ridden it my crotch is almost touching the top tube but not quite. What should
    > I do buy it or get something else. I need to make a decision soon.
    >
    > Help, any comment will be gratefully received.

    The thing to do is to work out how long the top tube would be if it was horizontal by measuring to
    the middle of the seat pin. For instance I have a Medium giant TCR on which the equivalent top tube
    measurement is 55.5 cm this is right for my needs. All the best.

    Stan Cox

  4. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:aroa.268> >
    > The thing to do is to work out how long the top tube would be if it was horizontal by measuring to
    > the middle of the seat pin. For instance I have
    > Medium giant TCR on which the equivalent top tube measurement is 55.5 cm this is right for my
    > needs. All the best.
    >
    > Stan Cox

    Replying to myself again :) Just had a look on the Cannondale site at
    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/02/geo-27.html and it shows a horizontal seat tube length of 57.2cm.
    A tad longer than the 56 you normally ride. If you think it is too big then DONT buy it. I know from
    experience that a frame that is too big is really annoying. All the best.

    Stan Cox