Ding ding ding

Crazy Fred

Guest
What a life saver that bell on my handlebars is. Use to warn those
hikers on the trails. Yes and more. See I do a lot of night
riding,late and early. Deer are on the move mostly early morning
before sun up. Had a herd run in front of me. Ding ding ding the bell
went so they wouldn't try it again since the trail turned and they
were running along side it. And let the tented homeless know I'm just
saying hello or good morning.

Crazy Fred wrote:
> What a life saver that bell on my handlebars is. Use to warn those
> hikers on the trails. Yes and more. See I do a lot of night
> riding,late and early. Deer are on the move mostly early morning
> before sun up. Had a herd run in front of me. Ding ding ding the bell
> went so they wouldn't try it again since the trail turned and they
> were running along side it. And let the tented homeless know I'm just
> saying hello or good morning.

Hi Fred!
Yeah, I love the bell on my townie. I used to have a t-rex horn too but
it broke because it was too cold. Luckily I have the metal bell as backup!

Matt

On Feb 1, 10:30 pm, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
> Crazy Fred wrote:
> > What a life saver that bell on my handlebars is. Use to warn those
> > hikers on the trails. Yes and more. See I do a lot of night
> > riding,late and early. Deer are on the move mostly early morning
> > before sun up. Had a herd run in front of me. Ding ding ding the bell
> > went so they wouldn't try it again since the trail turned and they
> > were running along side it. And let the tented homeless know I'm just
> > saying hello or good morning.

> Hi Fred!
> Yeah, I love the bell on my townie. I used to have a t-rex horn too but
> it broke because it was too cold. Luckily I have the metal bell as backup!
>
> Matt

When it comes to freezing cold and old age plastic won't hold up.
Only my Sram derailleurs hold up. My bell is off a 20 something dutch
bike and its metal too. Snap there goes another plastic part. No deer
dead on the trails or roads so far this winter here. Even Zipp Ties
don't hold up. Had the ones holding my mini pump to bracket break
twice this winter and its really didn't get freezing cold till Jan.
And still waiting on some inches of snow to ride in. And I love virgin
snow.

Crazy Fred wrote:
> On Feb 1, 10:30 pm, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Crazy Fred wrote:
>>
>>>What a life saver that bell on my handlebars is. Use to warn those
>>>hikers on the trails. Yes and more. See I do a lot of night
>>>riding,late and early. Deer are on the move mostly early morning
>>>before sun up. Had a herd run in front of me. Ding ding ding the bell
>>>went so they wouldn't try it again since the trail turned and they
>>>were running along side it. And let the tented homeless know I'm just
>>>saying hello or good morning.

>>Hi Fred!
>>Yeah, I love the bell on my townie. I used to have a t-rex horn too but
>>it broke because it was too cold. Luckily I have the metal bell as backup!
>>
>>Matt

> When it comes to freezing cold and old age plastic won't hold up.
> Only my Sram derailleurs hold up. My bell is off a 20 something dutch
> bike and its metal too. Snap there goes another plastic part. No deer
> dead on the trails or roads so far this winter here. Even Zipp Ties
> don't hold up. Had the ones holding my mini pump to bracket break
> twice this winter and its really didn't get freezing cold till Jan.
> And still waiting on some inches of snow to ride in. And I love virgin
> snow.

I skied 18" of new snow at Monarch yesterday. With that much and the day
starting at 6 F, it was not conducive to riding. Then it only got colder
and when I stopped (due to cold) at 3:20 it was 4 F. Brrr. But the
snow was so nice and dry!

Matt (had a plastic door handle break off my car once at -30 too)

MattB wrote:

> I skied 18" of new snow at Monarch yesterday. With that much and the day
> starting at 6 F, it was not conducive to riding. Then it only got colder
> and when I stopped (due to cold) at 3:20 it was 4 F. Brrr. But the snow
> was so nice and dry!
>
> Matt (had a plastic door handle break off my car once at -30 too)

Wow. Looks like it's time to hit the slopes again. The granular was
starting to get to me. Hope it stays cold, cause this weekend is out
(auditions all weekend - gotta keep the vocal cords warm).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>

>> I skied 18" of new snow at Monarch yesterday. With that much and the
>> day starting at 6 F, it was not conducive to riding. Then it only got
>> colder and when I stopped (due to cold) at 3:20 it was 4 F. Brrr. But
>> the snow was so nice and dry!
>>
>> Matt (had a plastic door handle break off my car once at -30 too)

> Wow. Looks like it's time to hit the slopes again. The granular was
> starting to get to me. Hope it stays cold, cause this weekend is out
> (auditions all weekend - gotta keep the vocal cords warm).

My voice sounded like I had a sore throat after skiing last night. A
steam shower helped.

Good luck!

Matt

On Feb 2, 4:18 pm, "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 11:50 am, "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >news:[email protected]...

> > > Matt (had a plastic door handle break off my car once at -30 too)

> > had a plastic door handle break off my car once at 110F........

> > Gary

> Extreeeeems!
>
> JD

JD You know that was in the desert heat. And I'll take desert over say
below the Mason Dixson any day.