Ding Dong Hello Dr Fuentes

doctorSpoc said:
the Italian Cycling Federation has tried at ever step to let their riders go and sweep things under the rug just as the Spanish Federation has done... it's the the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) that has the hard line on doping...
Fair enough, you are correct that it is CONI. Touche'.

Powerful Pete said:
Sorry cyclingheroes, I do not follow... :confused:

The judge closed the Puerto investigation yesterday. That's the last I heard.

whiteboytrash said:
Yeah what about Shleck !!! He paid the ******* !
Schleck is so moronic that he makes Basso's defense look unassailable. "I just felt the urge to write Fuentes a 7,000 Euro check from my bank account because he is a nice guy."

And the Riss weighs in... "Schlek told me he did nothing wrong, so he did nothing wrong."

Mamma mia.

Powerful Pete said:
Schleck is so moronic that he makes Basso's defense look unassailable. "I just felt the urge to write Fuentes a 7,000 Euro check from my bank account because he is a nice guy."

And the Riss weighs in... "Schlek told me he did nothing wrong, so he did nothing wrong."

Mamma mia.
DNA he has offered but what worries me is that he knew this information for 3 years and did not inform the UCI ? Looks like the CSC boys are knee deep in this stuff.....

BTW, again, thanks to weightweenies, here is the list of rumoured riders being re-tested following the Tour (disclaimer: we will have to see what is true and what is simply unsubstantiated rumours)....

Het Laatste Nieuws (Belgium) have quoted them with the list of "positives" from the Tour de France

AG2R: Valjavec en nog een andere renner uit de selectie (Efimkin, Dessel, Arrieta, Dupont, Elmiger, Gadret, Goubert of Riblon)

Valjavec and 1 other rider from the selection of....

*Saunier Duval: Ricco, Piepoli en Cobo

*Team Columbia: twee renners uit de selectie (Kirchen, Hincapie, Burghardt, Cavendish, Ciolek, Eisel, Hansen, Lovkvist of Siutsou)

Two riders from the selction:....

*CSC: vijf renners uit de selectie (Cancellara, Fränk Schleck, Andy Schleck, O'Grady, Voigt, Gustov, Sastre, Arvesen of Sörensen)
Five riders from the selection......

*Gerolsteiner: twee renners uit de selectie (Schumacher, Kohl, Förster, Fothen, Haussler, Krauss, Lang, Scholz of Wegmann) (gb)
Two riders from the selection.....

Powerful Pete said:
Well then, if the Puerto investigation is closed, who will counter-test Schleck's dna?
As I understand it, now that the criminal investigation is closed, there is finally a chance that the evidence can be turned over to sporting authorities.

Powerful Pete said:
Well then, if the Puerto investigation is closed, who will counter-test Schleck's dna?
Maybe that's why he offered his DNA in the first place?

TheDarkLord said:
Maybe that's why he offered his DNA in the first place?
Yes. That is what I suspect. Makes him look... better and risk even less. Crafty Luxembourger.

Powerful Pete said:
Yes. That is what I suspect. Makes him look... better and risk even less. Crafty Luxembourger.
Well, he is not the first one to pull that trick. Contadope just got away with a similar trick, though the cat was out of the bag when the Spanish authorities said that people who wanted to clear their names could volunteer their blood/DNA, and dirty Bertie who was eager to offer DNA a year back was suddenly very silent.