Dinner Party

tonimurray

Aug 25, 2009
Hello!
My best friend is getting married and I volunteered to use my terrace as the place for their engagement party. She absolutely loves Salmon caviar and sushi, so I am going to supply them with what they want obviously. The thing is, I don't know anything about caviar, where to buy it, how to prepare it, or even what you're meant to eat it with. Please enlighten me!

LOL! I shake my head that I even opened this thread - it does have something to do with eating, which I enjoy; but anyway...

First thing - you got a computer obviously with net access, so what do you do when you don't know something??? You "Google" it. Simple enough...

You must be crazy to think cyclists would know anything about caviar - whatever that is;). Now if you wanna know how to prepare french toast, I'm your guy...LOL!

I googled it...got it sorted. Thanks though! And I already have a superb way of making french toast thanks very much!!!

Well, caviar is most commonly placed in a serving bowl after being purchased from a fresh market type place in your area. The presentation is most important since we are talking about fish eggs.
It is generally eaten on gourmet type crackers and or fancy toast. You can generally get these at the supermarket.
The black caviar being the favorite followed by red.
Now there are recipes for caviar dishes but you would need to ask my wife about those.
I imagine all this can be purchased on line since most things can be.

Suggestion: Buy your friend a case of beer and tell them to elope.

Good advice thus far.

I would suggest that if you do decide to serve caviar, you should also serve a good wine/champagne to compliment the taste of caviar.

See OP, that "Google" thing does work - witness the good advice you've received thus far, even after mentioning you got things sorted...:p

tonimurray said:
Please enlighten me!

:confused: Not sure I understand. Your post includes a link to a website that tells you everything about caviar, including the answers to most of the questions in your post. So, what exactly are you wanting to know?

Between the thread title, website link, and pretty girl icon, this has got to be the best spam thread in a while. :rolleyes: