dinner pic

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by modom, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. modom

    modom Guest

    Some forlks found last night's image wanting in various ways. And yet
    I persist!

    http://i1.tinypic.com/mih0jk.jpg

    That's a pork chop stuffed with olives, lemon confit, and oven dried
    cherry tomatoes. The sauce is a caramelized mirepoix with reduced
    chicken stcok a little jalapeno, and some Dijon mustard. The
    potato-like wedges with the roasted carrots are chunks of roasted
    turnip seasoned with black pepper and lemon confit. That's a blood
    orange near the center of the plate.

    modom

    Tags:

  2. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    >Some forlks found last night's image wanting in various ways. And yet
    I persist!

    "wanting in various ways?" What's wrong with it? Looks like a hearty,
    appetizing Wintery meal to me. Kev

  3. modom

    modom Guest

    On 23 Jan 2006 19:19:42 -0800, "kevnbro" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >>Some forlks found last night's image wanting in various ways. And yet

    >I persist!
    >
    > "wanting in various ways?" What's wrong with it? Looks like a hearty,
    >appetizing Wintery meal to me. Kev

    Thanks. Last night's omelet wasn't a hit with some in the rfc gang,
    though.

    modom

  4. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    modom wrote:
    > Some forlks found last night's image wanting in various ways. And yet
    > I persist!
    >
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/mih0jk.jpg
    >
    > That's a pork chop stuffed with olives, lemon confit, and oven dried
    > cherry tomatoes. The sauce is a caramelized mirepoix with reduced
    > chicken stcok a little jalapeno, and some Dijon mustard. The
    > potato-like wedges with the roasted carrots are chunks of roasted
    > turnip seasoned with black pepper and lemon confit. That's a blood
    > orange near the center of the plate.
    >

    > modom

    your meals always remind me of david's. He'll quite often throw a slice of
    avocado or orange or banana on a plate. It's nice because I never think to do
    things like that.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  5. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    modom wrote:
    > On 23 Jan 2006 19:19:42 -0800, "kevnbro" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >>Some forlks found last night's image wanting in various ways. And yet

    > >I persist!
    > >
    > > "wanting in various ways?" What's wrong with it? Looks like a hearty,
    > >appetizing Wintery meal to me. Kev

    > Thanks. Last night's omelet wasn't a hit with some in the rfc gang,
    > though.

    This is better... more meaty, and the spuds are filling too. Only
    thing I'd do otherwise is peel the blood orange and make slices... the
    diner shouldn't have to.

  6. sf

    sf Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:12:00 -0600, modom wrote:

    > Some forlks found last night's image wanting in various ways. And yet
    > I persist!
    >
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/mih0jk.jpg
    >
    > That's a pork chop stuffed with olives, lemon confit, and oven dried
    > cherry tomatoes. The sauce is a caramelized mirepoix with reduced
    > chicken stcok a little jalapeno, and some Dijon mustard. The
    > potato-like wedges with the roasted carrots are chunks of roasted
    > turnip seasoned with black pepper and lemon confit. That's a blood
    > orange near the center of the plate.

    Looks good to me... if you cooked it, I wouldn't turn it down! Well,
    I'm not fond of blood oranges - but it's not an essential part of the
    meal anyway.

    :)

  7. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "The Bubbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > modom wrote:
    > > Some forlks found last night's image wanting in various ways. And yet
    > > I persist!
    > >
    > > http://i1.tinypic.com/mih0jk.jpg
    > >
    > > That's a pork chop stuffed with olives, lemon confit, and oven dried
    > > cherry tomatoes. The sauce is a caramelized mirepoix with reduced
    > > chicken stcok a little jalapeno, and some Dijon mustard. The
    > > potato-like wedges with the roasted carrots are chunks of roasted
    > > turnip seasoned with black pepper and lemon confit. That's a blood
    > > orange near the center of the plate.
    > >

    > > modom

    > your meals always remind me of david's. He'll quite often throw a slice of
    > avocado or orange or banana on a plate. It's nice because I never think to

    do
    > things like that.
    >
    > --

    I usually always try to keep avocado on hand; you never know when you're
    going to need it. I have 4 sitting on my table now just waiting to get a
    little mushier. What to make, what to make..........

    kili

  8. modom <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Some forlks found last night's image wanting in various ways. And yet
    > I persist!
    >
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/mih0jk.jpg
    >
    > That's a pork chop stuffed with olives, lemon confit, and oven dried
    > cherry tomatoes. The sauce is a caramelized mirepoix with reduced
    > chicken stcok a little jalapeno, and some Dijon mustard. The
    > potato-like wedges with the roasted carrots are chunks of roasted
    > turnip seasoned with black pepper and lemon confit. That's a blood
    > orange near the center of the plate.
    >

    > modom

    Looks good Michael, damned good.

    Michael

    --
    Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:

    Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

  9. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "The Bubbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]Belkin...
    >> modom wrote:
    >> > Some forlks found last night's image wanting in various ways. And yet
    >> > I persist!
    >> >
    >> > http://i1.tinypic.com/mih0jk.jpg
    >> >
    >> > That's a pork chop stuffed with olives, lemon confit, and oven dried
    >> > cherry tomatoes. The sauce is a caramelized mirepoix with reduced
    >> > chicken stcok a little jalapeno, and some Dijon mustard. The
    >> > potato-like wedges with the roasted carrots are chunks of roasted
    >> > turnip seasoned with black pepper and lemon confit. That's a blood
    >> > orange near the center of the plate.
    >> >

    >> > modom

    >> your meals always remind me of david's. He'll quite often throw a slice
    >> of
    >> avocado or orange or banana on a plate. It's nice because I never think

    > do
    >> things like that.
    >>
    >> --

    > I usually always try to keep avocado on hand; you never know when you're
    > going to need it. I have 4 sitting on my table now just waiting to get a
    > little mushier. What to make, what to make..........
    >
    > kili

    Minor rant re avocados:
    I like to keep avocados around all the time. My continuous supply of
    purchased avocados have been from Costco. Lately I have stopped buying
    produce from my main store because of the below-average quality IMO of it.
    I have gradually just about eliminated everything I have been buying with
    the exception of dated earth mesclun, sweet onions and avocados, yesterday I
    found some good tiny green beans.

    God forbid, yesterday I bought avocados and they have been WAXED!!
    I cannot think of any scenario that will make these avocados any better than
    they have been by being waxed.
    Pissed off,
    Dee Dee

  10. Kathy in NZ

    Kathy in NZ Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:12:00 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Some forlks found last night's image wanting in various ways. And yet
    >I persist!
    >
    >http://i1.tinypic.com/mih0jk.jpg
    >
    >That's a pork chop stuffed with olives, lemon confit, and oven dried
    >cherry tomatoes. The sauce is a caramelized mirepoix with reduced
    >chicken stcok a little jalapeno, and some Dijon mustard. The
    >potato-like wedges with the roasted carrots are chunks of roasted
    >turnip seasoned with black pepper and lemon confit. That's a blood
    >orange near the center of the plate.
    >

    >modom

    The pork chops look lovely. The root veges look appealing even though
    I don't like root veges, but I don't understand why the orange is in
    there. I hate fruit with mains. Too sweet.

    I would have served more greens, less roots for dieting.

    Thanks for posting, modom. I like seeing pictures.

    Kathy in NZ

  11. -L.

    -L. Guest

    Dee Randall wrote:
    <snip>

    > God forbid, yesterday I bought avocados and they have been WAXED!!
    > I cannot think of any scenario that will make these avocados any better than
    > they have been by being waxed.
    > Pissed off,
    > Dee Dee

    Why would that piss you off? It doesn't make them any more difficult
    to use...
    -L.