Dinner picture 2-27

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by modom, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. modom

    modom Guest

    D cooked tonight. I'm tired from work and taxes. Especially taxes.
    What look like little potato pancakes are actually sour kraut patties.
    http://i2.tinypic.com/oqziu9.jpg

    The apple rings were also pan fried.

    --
    modom

    "My baby's got no clothes
    'Cause she's makin' chicken soup."

    -- Chuck E. Weiss

    Tags:

  2. Jani

    Jani Guest

    "modom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >D cooked tonight. I'm tired from work and taxes. Especially taxes.
    > What look like little potato pancakes are actually sour kraut patties.
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqziu9.jpg
    >
    > The apple rings were also pan fried.

    Now, I *like* that. The close-up and the slightly different angle improves
    the composition instantly :)

    Jani

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    modom <[email protected]> wrote:

    > D cooked tonight. I'm tired from work and taxes. Especially taxes.
    > What look like little potato pancakes are actually sour kraut patties.

    Sauerkraut patties, huh? How'd she do those? Flour? Egg to bind? No
    binder needed?
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :)

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    modom <[email protected]> wrote:

    > D cooked tonight. I'm tired from work and taxes. Especially taxes.
    > What look like little potato pancakes are actually sour kraut patties.
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqziu9.jpg
    >
    > The apple rings were also pan fried.
    >
    > --
    > modom

    Your photography is improving. :)

    How does one make "kraut patties"?
    I always just served it steamed with sauasge.
    --
    Peace, Om.

  5. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    modom wrote:
    > D cooked tonight. I'm tired from work and taxes. Especially taxes.
    > What look like little potato pancakes are actually sour kraut patties.
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqziu9.jpg
    >
    > The apple rings were also pan fried.

    Looking good...

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  6. modom

    modom Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:15:57 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> D cooked tonight. I'm tired from work and taxes. Especially taxes.
    >> What look like little potato pancakes are actually sour kraut patties.

    >Sauerkraut patties, huh? How'd she do those? Flour? Egg to bind? No
    >binder needed?

    The recipe came from some magazine. It called for flour, but D used
    whole wheat (South Beach). I wasn't that fond of the taste. It was a
    bit too flour-y. However, the experiment was a noble one. And likely
    not the last.
    --
    modom

    "My baby's got no clothes
    'Cause she's makin' chicken soup."

    -- Chuck E. Weiss

  7. modom

    modom Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:58:07 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> D cooked tonight. I'm tired from work and taxes. Especially taxes.
    >> What look like little potato pancakes are actually sour kraut patties.
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqziu9.jpg
    >>
    >> The apple rings were also pan fried.

    >Your photography is improving. :)

    Heheheh. Anything's better than that one last night. (Thanks for
    trying to help, BTW.) Anyhow, split complements usually make
    interesting harmonies.

    >How does one make "kraut patties"?
    >I always just served it steamed with sauasge.

    They're still being invented. Tonight was an early experiment with
    whole wheat flour for a binder. Less than 100% success, but worth
    another try or two, I'd think.
    --
    modom

    "My baby's got no clothes
    'Cause she's makin' chicken soup."

    -- Chuck E. Weiss

  8. modom <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    news:[email protected]:

    > D cooked tonight. I'm tired from work and taxes. Especially taxes.
    > What look like little potato pancakes are actually sour kraut patties.
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqziu9.jpg
    >
    > The apple rings were also pan fried.
    >
    > --
    > modom

    Lookin' good. Other than the sausage, did you top the kraut patties with
    anything?

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    (snippage)

    > >Sauerkraut patties, huh? How'd she do those? Flour? Egg to bind? No
    > >binder needed?

    > The recipe came from some magazine. It called for flour, but D used
    > whole wheat (South Beach). I wasn't that fond of the taste. It was a
    > bit too flour-y. However, the experiment was a noble one. And likely
    > not the last.
    > --
    > modom
    >
    > "My baby's got no clothes
    > 'Cause she's makin' chicken soup."
    >
    > -- Chuck E. Weiss

    Let's see. . . . . pork sausage or bratwurst patties on a burger bun,
    topped with a kraut patty to match! Maybe that would keep the kraut
    strands contained.
    JAT.
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :)

  10. In article <[email protected]>,
    modom <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:58:07 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <[email protected]>,
    > > modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> D cooked tonight. I'm tired from work and taxes. Especially taxes.
    > >> What look like little potato pancakes are actually sour kraut patties.
    > >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqziu9.jpg
    > >>
    > >> The apple rings were also pan fried.

    > >Your photography is improving. :)

    > Heheheh. Anything's better than that one last night. (Thanks for
    > trying to help, BTW.) Anyhow, split complements usually make
    > interesting harmonies.
    > >
    > >How does one make "kraut patties"?
    > >I always just served it steamed with sauasge.

    > They're still being invented. Tonight was an early experiment with
    > whole wheat flour for a binder. Less than 100% success, but worth
    > another try or two, I'd think.
    > --
    > modom

    Hm, might go better with TVP perhaps?

    An interesting idea indeed!
    --
    Peace, Om.

  11. modom

    modom Guest

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:44:10 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >modom <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    >news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> D cooked tonight. I'm tired from work and taxes. Especially taxes.
    >> What look like little potato pancakes are actually sour kraut patties.
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqziu9.jpg
    >>
    >> The apple rings were also pan fried.
    >>
    >> --
    >> modom

    >Lookin' good. Other than the sausage, did you top the kraut patties with
    >anything?

    Dijon mustard on the side. And a little horseradish, too.