dinner picture 4-1-06

modom

Guest
http://i2.tinypic.com/sqo0hy.jpg

I pounded pork chops so they could be rolled over themselves. I put
minced dried figs, sliced lemon, rosemary, a bit of a lemon/chile
confit from France my daughter gave me, and feta on the pounded
pigmeat. I rolled the pounded pigmeat and tied it up. Then I grilled
the chops. That's one on the plate. I'd taken the string off before
plating. The potato-looking objects are roasted turnips with red
onion and minced lemon. The sauce on the pork is made from garlic
zapped in the microwave with olive oil and lemon bits, a little French
violet-infused mustard, a splash of fig balsamic vinegar (homemade),
and yogurt.

D said it was good, and I don't think she was just being nice.
--
modom

On Sat 01 Apr 2006 07:58:22p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it modom?

> http://i2.tinypic.com/sqo0hy.jpg
>
> I pounded pork chops so they could be rolled over themselves. I put
> minced dried figs, sliced lemon, rosemary, a bit of a lemon/chile
> confit from France my daughter gave me, and feta on the pounded
> pigmeat. I rolled the pounded pigmeat and tied it up. Then I grilled
> the chops. That's one on the plate. I'd taken the string off before
> plating. The potato-looking objects are roasted turnips with red
> onion and minced lemon. The sauce on the pork is made from garlic
> zapped in the microwave with olive oil and lemon bits, a little French
> violet-infused mustard, a splash of fig balsamic vinegar (homemade),
> and yogurt.
>
> D said it was good, and I don't think she was just being nice.

Yet another meal I would love, Michael. The rolled/stuffed pork chops sound
delicious and I love turnips!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

modom wrote:
> http://i2.tinypic.com/sqo0hy.jpg
>
> I pounded pork chops so they could be rolled over themselves. I put
> minced dried figs, sliced lemon, rosemary, a bit of a lemon/chile
> confit from France my daughter gave me, and feta on the pounded
> pigmeat. I rolled the pounded pigmeat and tied it up. Then I grilled
> the chops. That's one on the plate. I'd taken the string off before
> plating. The potato-looking objects are roasted turnips with red
> onion and minced lemon. The sauce on the pork is made from garlic
> zapped in the microwave with olive oil and lemon bits, a little French
> violet-infused mustard, a splash of fig balsamic vinegar (homemade),
> and yogurt.
>
> D said it was good, and I don't think she was just being nice.
> --
> modom

I'd eat that. I haven't been cooking anything interesting enough to take
pictures of lately. And I'm having a hell of a time finding a souffle
dish. bah.

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

Adam Bowman wrote:
>I always wonder when someone brings up a point about Bush, and you
> then bring up something that Clinton did, are you saying they are both
> wrong? Because that's all it points out to me, places where they both
> messed up. It doesn't negate the fact that Bush did wrong; was that
> your intention?
>
> That type of argument is like
>
> "Bob shot someone"
>
> "Yeah, but don't you remember when Don hit that guy with a bat?"

In article <[email protected]>,
modom <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://i2.tinypic.com/sqo0hy.jpg
>
> I pounded pork chops so they could be rolled over themselves. I put
> minced dried figs, sliced lemon, rosemary, a bit of a lemon/chile
> confit from France my daughter gave me, and feta on the pounded
> pigmeat. I rolled the pounded pigmeat and tied it up. Then I grilled
> the chops. That's one on the plate. I'd taken the string off before
> plating. The potato-looking objects are roasted turnips with red
> onion and minced lemon. The sauce on the pork is made from garlic
> zapped in the microwave with olive oil and lemon bits, a little French
> violet-infused mustard, a splash of fig balsamic vinegar (homemade),
> and yogurt.
>
> D said it was good, and I don't think she was just being nice.
> --
> modom

Sounds wonderful! :)

Now I know what to do today, I was going to slice and sautee' those
chicken breasts, but I might pound, stuff and grill them instead.

I've rarely made stuffed meat and it sounds like fun!
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 06:44:52 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Now I know what to do today, I was going to slice and sautee' those
>chicken breasts, but I might pound, stuff and grill them instead.
>
>I've rarely made stuffed meat and it sounds like fun!

An easy way to make stuffed pork loin is to cut X shaped slits through
the center, from one end to the other (this is for moderately size
roasts). Mix up indeterminate amouts of cubed bread, chopped apples,
cinnamon chopped pecans, and apple juice to moisten. Shove it into
the slits in the roast until it's filled from one end to the other.
Bake, and when you slice the meat, the stuffing will be built right
in. A person could probably add some chopped onions, as well.

Peace,
Carol

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 06:44:52 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Now I know what to do today, I was going to slice and sautee' those
> >chicken breasts, but I might pound, stuff and grill them instead.
> >
> >I've rarely made stuffed meat and it sounds like fun!

> An easy way to make stuffed pork loin is to cut X shaped slits through
> the center, from one end to the other (this is for moderately size
> roasts). Mix up indeterminate amouts of cubed bread, chopped apples,
> cinnamon chopped pecans, and apple juice to moisten. Shove it into
> the slits in the roast until it's filled from one end to the other.
> Bake, and when you slice the meat, the stuffing will be built right
> in. A person could probably add some chopped onions, as well.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

Yeah, but it's not low carb. <G>
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 06:44:52 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Now I know what to do today, I was going to slice and sautee' those
>> >chicken breasts, but I might pound, stuff and grill them instead.
>> >
>> >I've rarely made stuffed meat and it sounds like fun!

>> An easy way to make stuffed pork loin is to cut X shaped slits through
>> the center, from one end to the other (this is for moderately size
>> roasts). Mix up indeterminate amouts of cubed bread, chopped apples,
>> cinnamon chopped pecans, and apple juice to moisten. Shove it into
>> the slits in the roast until it's filled from one end to the other.
>> Bake, and when you slice the meat, the stuffing will be built right
>> in. A person could probably add some chopped onions, as well.
>>
>> Peace,
>> Carol

> Yeah, but it's not low carb. <G>

Om please will you contact me? Elsinoreatblueyonderdotcodotuk

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 15:22:55 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> An easy way to make stuffed pork loin is to cut X shaped slits through
>> the center, from one end to the other (this is for moderately size
>> roasts). Mix up indeterminate amouts of cubed bread, chopped apples,
>> cinnamon chopped pecans, and apple juice to moisten. Shove it into
>> the slits in the roast until it's filled from one end to the other.
>> Bake, and when you slice the meat, the stuffing will be built right
>> in. A person could probably add some chopped onions, as well.

>Yeah, but it's not low carb. <G>

It is if you cut the slices thinly enough. *****.

Peace,
Carol

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> An easy way to make stuffed pork loin is to cut X shaped slits through
> >> the center, from one end to the other (this is for moderately size
> >> roasts). Mix up indeterminate amouts of cubed bread, chopped apples,
> >> cinnamon chopped pecans, and apple juice to moisten. Shove it into
> >> the slits in the roast until it's filled from one end to the other.
> >> Bake, and when you slice the meat, the stuffing will be built right
> >> in. A person could probably add some chopped onions, as well.
> >>
> >> Peace,
> >> Carol

> > Yeah, but it's not low carb. <G>

> Om please will you contact me? Elsinoreatblueyonderdotcodotuk

Sure! :)

How may I help you?????

(sent private e-mail)
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 15:22:55 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> > Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> An easy way to make stuffed pork loin is to cut X shaped slits through
> >> the center, from one end to the other (this is for moderately size
> >> roasts). Mix up indeterminate amouts of cubed bread, chopped apples,
> >> cinnamon chopped pecans, and apple juice to moisten. Shove it into
> >> the slits in the roast until it's filled from one end to the other.
> >> Bake, and when you slice the meat, the stuffing will be built right
> >> in. A person could probably add some chopped onions, as well.

> >Yeah, but it's not low carb. <G>

> It is if you cut the slices thinly enough. *****.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

<snork> Too true...
Portion control can be the key to low carbing. ;-)
It's why I don't hesitate to use Arrowroot as a gravy thickener.
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 15:22:55 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> > Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> An easy way to make stuffed pork loin is to cut X shaped slits through
> >> the center, from one end to the other (this is for moderately size
> >> roasts). Mix up indeterminate amouts of cubed bread, chopped apples,
> >> cinnamon chopped pecans, and apple juice to moisten. Shove it into
> >> the slits in the roast until it's filled from one end to the other.
> >> Bake, and when you slice the meat, the stuffing will be built right
> >> in. A person could probably add some chopped onions, as well.

> >Yeah, but it's not low carb. <G>

> It is if you cut the slices thinly enough. *****.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

Ps, I am NOT a *****!

I am THE *****.

And it's Ms. ***** to you hon'!

<lol>

Cheers! :)
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:45:30 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Portion control can be the key to low carbing. ;-)
>It's why I don't hesitate to use Arrowroot as a gravy thickener.

Between you and Barb, it sounds like I need a jar of that stuff. I'll
try making my snot sauce with it.

Peace,
Carol

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:46:22 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Ps, I am NOT a *****!
>
>I am THE *****.
>
>And it's Ms. ***** to you hon'!
>
><lol>
>
>Cheers! :)

Some people's kids are so touchy!

Peace,
Carol

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> An easy way to make stuffed pork loin is to cut X shaped slits through
> the center, from one end to the other (this is for moderately size
> roasts). Mix up indeterminate amouts of cubed bread, chopped apples,
> cinnamon chopped pecans, and apple juice to moisten. Shove it into
> the slits in the roast until it's filled from one end to the other.
> Bake, and when you slice the meat, the stuffing will be built right
> in. A person could probably add some chopped onions, as well.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

I like to stuff long boneless pork loin roasts and have found the best
tool for making that hole: my knife sharpening steel. After slitting
each end as long as possible with a thin sharp knife, I instert the
steel and use it like a probe until it reaches my fingers on the other
side. Once the hole has been made, you need to use your fingers to
pull on the insides to expand the space before stuffing. Once you
stuff it, you only need to tie it in a few places to keep the shape
nicely. Makes for a very pretty presentation. I've made up all kinds
of stuffings...it all works.

Sandy

On 2 Apr 2006 18:57:34 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>I like to stuff long boneless pork loin roasts and have found the best
>tool for making that hole: my knife sharpening steel. After slitting
>each end as long as possible with a thin sharp knife, I instert the
>steel and use it like a probe until it reaches my fingers on the other
>side. Once the hole has been made, you need to use your fingers to
>pull on the insides to expand the space before stuffing.

A speculum comes to mind. Sorry, but that's the first thing I thought
of. LOL!

>Once you
>stuff it, you only need to tie it in a few places to keep the shape
>nicely. Makes for a very pretty presentation. I've made up all kinds
>of stuffings...it all works

I'll definitely try the steel the next time I do this. Lessens the
likelihood of impaling your hand. Thanks so much for sharing this
tip.

Peace,
Carol

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> A speculum comes to mind. Sorry, but that's the first thing I thought
> of. LOL!

> I'll definitely try the steel the next time I do this. Lessens the
> likelihood of impaling your hand. Thanks so much for sharing this
> tip.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

Oh, you just had to create that mental image, didn't you?! As a matter
of fact, the effort of digging your fingers into the sides of the loin
to create the space may remind you of how other, um, human areas, sort
of feel......if you know what I mean. But yes, do try the sharpening
steel!

Sandy

On 2 Apr 2006 19:23:59 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>
>> A speculum comes to mind. Sorry, but that's the first thing I thought
>> of. LOL!

>> I'll definitely try the steel the next time I do this. Lessens the
>> likelihood of impaling your hand. Thanks so much for sharing this
>> tip.

>Oh, you just had to create that mental image, didn't you?! As a matter
>of fact, the effort of digging your fingers into the sides of the loin
>to create the space may remind you of how other, um, human areas, sort
>of feel......if you know what I mean. But yes, do try the sharpening
>steel!

I've always felt kinda intrusive when stuffing a roast. <G>

Peace,
Carol

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:45:30 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Portion control can be the key to low carbing. ;-)
> >It's why I don't hesitate to use Arrowroot as a gravy thickener.

> Between you and Barb, it sounds like I need a jar of that stuff. I'll
> try making my snot sauce with it.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

I like it mainly due to the final texture, and the fact that it does not
"break" under refrigeration or freezing like corn starch does.

Plus IMHO Less is more with it. Less of it thickens more than corn
starch. Took me a bit to get used to that as I tended to over-thicken at
first. ;-) And yes, that is possible! <lol>