General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Dinner tonight..at the cabin

Started by Christine Dabney · · Last activity · 5 posts · 210 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 April 2006
Last activity
13 April 2006
Original author
Christine Dabney
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
210
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Heya all...

    This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..

    http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg

    I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
    favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..

    And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
    channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
    added Parmesan at the end.

    It was incredibly good.

    Christine

  2. On Wed 12 Apr 2006 09:40:12p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Christine
    Dabney?

    Quoted message said:

    Heya all...

    This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..

    http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg

    I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
    favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..

    And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
    channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
    added Parmesan at the end.

    It was incredibly good.

    And it looks incredibly good!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
    _____________________

  3. Christine Dabney said:

    Heya all...

    This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..

    http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg

    I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
    favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..

    And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
    channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
    added Parmesan at the end.

    It was incredibly good.


    Mmmmm! I'm still full from dinner, but you made me hungy.
    <slobber>
    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

  4. On Wed 12 Apr 2006 09:45:31p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

    Quoted message said:
    Christine Dabney said:

    Heya all...

    This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..

    http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg

    I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
    favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..

    And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
    channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
    added Parmesan at the end.

    It was incredibly good.


    Mmmmm! I'm still full from dinner, but you made me hungy.
    <slobber>

    Oh, you're so messy, Barbara! Need a bib?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
    _____________________

  5. Christine Dabney wrote on 12 Apr 2006 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    Heya all...

    This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..

    http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg

    I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
    favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..

    And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
    channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
    added Parmesan at the end.

    It was incredibly good.

    Christine

    I had baked chicken pieces and veggied rice...I mixed in 1/2 small diced
    onion, 1/4 of a diced green bell pepper, 1 diced celery stalk with leaves
    and some mushrooms in the rice while it cooked in the rice cooker...First
    time I've had rice since August 2004.I also cooked the rice in chicken
    stock.

    The chicken was a cut up bird with only the skin seasoned, roasted in the
    convection oven at 375F for 45 minutes. I do like the way convection
    ovens roasts a bird almost as much as rotisserier does them. Crispy and
    juicy.... Left enough chicken pieces for 2 more meals.

    --
    -Alan

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.