Dinner tonight..at the cabin

Christine Dabney

Guest
Heya all...

This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..

http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg

I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..

And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
added Parmesan at the end.

It was incredibly good.

Christine

On Wed 12 Apr 2006 09:40:12p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Christine
Dabney?

> Heya all...
>
> This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..
>
> http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg
>
> I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
> favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..
>
> And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
> channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
> added Parmesan at the end.
>
> It was incredibly good.

And it looks incredibly good!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:40:12 -0700, Christine Dabney wrote:

> Heya all...
>
> This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..
>
> http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg
>
> I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
> favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..
>
> And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
> channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
> added Parmesan at the end.
>
> It was incredibly good.

Mmmmm! I'm still full from dinner, but you made me hungy.
<slobber>

On Wed 12 Apr 2006 09:45:31p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:40:12 -0700, Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> Heya all...
>>
>> This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg
>>
>> I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
>> favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..
>>
>> And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
>> channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
>> added Parmesan at the end.
>>
>> It was incredibly good.
>>

> Mmmmm! I'm still full from dinner, but you made me hungy.
> <slobber>

Oh, you're so messy, Barbara! Need a bib?

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

Christine Dabney wrote on 12 Apr 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Heya all...
>
> This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..
>
> http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg
>
> I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
> favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..
>
> And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
> channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
> added Parmesan at the end.
>
> It was incredibly good.
>
> Christine

I had baked chicken pieces and veggied rice...I mixed in 1/2 small diced
onion, 1/4 of a diced green bell pepper, 1 diced celery stalk with leaves
and some mushrooms in the rice while it cooked in the rice cooker...First
time I've had rice since August 2004.I also cooked the rice in chicken
stock.

The chicken was a cut up bird with only the skin seasoned, roasted in the
convection oven at 375F for 45 minutes. I do like the way convection
ovens roasts a bird almost as much as rotisserier does them. Crispy and
juicy.... Left enough chicken pieces for 2 more meals.

--
-Alan