Dinner tonight..at the cabin

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Christine Dabney, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. Heya all...

    This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..

    http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg

    I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
    favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..

    And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
    channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
    added Parmesan at the end.

    It was incredibly good.

    Christine

    Tags:

  2. On Wed 12 Apr 2006 09:40:12p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Christine
    Dabney?

    > Heya all...
    >
    > This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg
    >
    > I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
    > favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..
    >
    > And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
    > channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
    > added Parmesan at the end.
    >
    > It was incredibly good.

    And it looks incredibly good!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
    _____________________

  3. sf

    sf Guest

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:40:12 -0700, Christine Dabney wrote:

    > Heya all...
    >
    > This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg
    >
    > I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
    > favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..
    >
    > And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
    > channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
    > added Parmesan at the end.
    >
    > It was incredibly good.

    Mmmmm! I'm still full from dinner, but you made me hungy.
    <slobber>

  4. On Wed 12 Apr 2006 09:45:31p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

    > On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:40:12 -0700, Christine Dabney wrote:
    >
    >> Heya all...
    >>
    >> This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..
    >>
    >> http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg
    >>
    >> I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
    >> favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..
    >>
    >> And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
    >> channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
    >> added Parmesan at the end.
    >>
    >> It was incredibly good.
    >>

    > Mmmmm! I'm still full from dinner, but you made me hungy.
    > <slobber>

    Oh, you're so messy, Barbara! Need a bib?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
    _____________________

  5. Christine Dabney wrote on 12 Apr 2006 in rec.food.cooking

    > Heya all...
    >
    > This is part of my dinner tonight..Salad was also on the menu..
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/vdcwfr.jpg
    >
    > I am at my cabin in Idyllwild..and I decided to roast a chicken my
    > favorite way now..the Marcella Hazan way, with two lemons..
    >
    > And I fixed Israeli couscous...and made it the way AC (on the rfc chat
    > channel) suggested-risotto style. I made it the traditional way..and
    > added Parmesan at the end.
    >
    > It was incredibly good.
    >
    > Christine

    I had baked chicken pieces and veggied rice...I mixed in 1/2 small diced
    onion, 1/4 of a diced green bell pepper, 1 diced celery stalk with leaves
    and some mushrooms in the rice while it cooked in the rice cooker...First
    time I've had rice since August 2004.I also cooked the rice in chicken
    stock.

    The chicken was a cut up bird with only the skin seasoned, roasted in the
    convection oven at 375F for 45 minutes. I do like the way convection
    ovens roasts a bird almost as much as rotisserier does them. Crispy and
    juicy.... Left enough chicken pieces for 2 more meals.

    --
    -Alan