Dinner tonight (with pics)...what did you have?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Nexis, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. Nexis

    Nexis Guest

    First, a salad:
    http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwib.jpg
    Baked ziti before serving:
    http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwwn.jpg
    And on the plate:
    http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fy9z.jpg
    Wouldn't be complete without dessert:
    http://i1.tinypic.com/s5gub8.jpg

    The salad was a mix of organic greens, radicchio, arugula, tomatoes, cukes, olives,
    Genoa, Capicola, provolone, asiago, cignioli olives, black olives, and pepperoncinis.
    The pasta was fresh penne, tossed with homemade marinara (with a bit of ground pork),
    and layered with ricotta (combined with garlic, granulated onion, white pepper,
    parsley and an egg) and topped with TJ's Quatro Formaggio and extra parmesan.
    The dessert was cubed chocolate flecked angel food cake, topped with strawberries
    (macerated with vanilla sugar and a bit of limoncello) and whipped cream, sprinkled
    with finely grated chocolate.

    kimberly

    Tags:

  2. On Fri 24 Mar 2006 10:33:07p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nexis?

    > First, a salad:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwib.jpg
    > Baked ziti before serving:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwwn.jpg
    > And on the plate:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fy9z.jpg
    > Wouldn't be complete without dessert:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5gub8.jpg
    >
    > The salad was a mix of organic greens, radicchio, arugula, tomatoes,
    > cukes, olives, Genoa, Capicola, provolone, asiago, cignioli olives,
    > black olives, and pepperoncinis. The pasta was fresh penne, tossed with
    > homemade marinara (with a bit of ground pork), and layered with ricotta
    > (combined with garlic, granulated onion, white pepper, parsley and an
    > egg) and topped with TJ's Quatro Formaggio and extra parmesan. The
    > dessert was cubed chocolate flecked angel food cake, topped with
    > strawberries (macerated with vanilla sugar and a bit of limoncello) and
    > whipped cream, sprinkled with finely grated chocolate.

    What a lovely meal, Kimberly! Looks delicious!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
    _____________________

  3. serene

    serene Guest

    On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:33:07 -0800, "Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >First, a salad:
    >http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwib.jpg
    >Baked ziti before serving:
    >http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwwn.jpg
    >And on the plate:
    >http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fy9z.jpg
    >Wouldn't be complete without dessert:
    >http://i1.tinypic.com/s5gub8.jpg

    Lovely!

    James made us corned-beef-and-sauerkraut sandwiches with good mustard.
    It was nice to be cooked for. I thought about making some soup to use
    up my old croutons and stale bread (sorry, Pandora, I love soup with
    bread in it. :), but I decided to just leave the kitchen all nice and
    clean and make it tomorrow.

    serene

  4. sf

    sf Guest

    On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:33:07 -0800, Nexis wrote:

    > First, a salad:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwib.jpg
    > Baked ziti before serving:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwwn.jpg
    > And on the plate:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fy9z.jpg
    > Wouldn't be complete without dessert:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5gub8.jpg
    >
    > The salad was a mix of organic greens, radicchio, arugula, tomatoes, cukes, olives,
    > Genoa, Capicola, provolone, asiago, cignioli olives, black olives, and pepperoncinis.
    > The pasta was fresh penne, tossed with homemade marinara (with a bit of ground pork),
    > and layered with ricotta (combined with garlic, granulated onion, white pepper,
    > parsley and an egg) and topped with TJ's Quatro Formaggio and extra parmesan.
    > The dessert was cubed chocolate flecked angel food cake, topped with strawberries
    > (macerated with vanilla sugar and a bit of limoncello) and whipped cream, sprinkled
    > with finely grated chocolate.

    DANG.... I need a snack after looking at those pictures. :)

  5. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Nexis" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > First, a salad:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwib.jpg
    > Baked ziti before serving:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwwn.jpg
    > And on the plate:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fy9z.jpg
    > Wouldn't be complete without dessert:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5gub8.jpg
    >
    > The salad was a mix of organic greens, radicchio, arugula, tomatoes,
    > cukes, olives, Genoa, Capicola, provolone, asiago, cignioli olives, black
    > olives, and pepperoncinis.
    > The pasta was fresh penne, tossed with homemade marinara (with a bit of
    > ground pork), and layered with ricotta (combined with garlic, granulated
    > onion, white pepper, parsley and an egg) and topped with TJ's Quatro
    > Formaggio and extra parmesan.
    > The dessert was cubed chocolate flecked angel food cake, topped with
    > strawberries (macerated with vanilla sugar and a bit of limoncello) and
    > whipped cream, sprinkled with finely grated chocolate.
    >

    > kimberly

    Nice meal indeed!!! But those are not ziti. Their name is "Penne" and
    precisely "Penne rigate".
    cheers
    Pandora

  6. Bronwyn

    Bronwyn Guest

    I cooked a "winner dinner" for 2 tonight!
    Half a dozen Tasmanian oysters au natural.

    Fresh Atlantic salmon pan fried with a little dukah spice resting on a
    sweet potato rosti and a moorish salad (sweet apple slices, radish
    slices, carrot shreds, raisins, mint, sherry vinegar, olly oil, toasted
    sesame seeds).

    Definitely a dish to do again. When Wayne Boatwright comes to visit!

    -- Bronwy

  7. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

  8. In article <[email protected]>, "Nexis" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > First, a salad:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwib.jpg

    Ooh pretty!
    Is that backdrop Escarole?

    How is it raw?

    > Baked ziti before serving:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fwwn.jpg
    > And on the plate:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5fy9z.jpg

    Pretty, but where are the side dishes???
    Looks a bit bare.

    But tasty. ;-)

    > Wouldn't be complete without dessert:
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/s5gub8.jpg

    Looks interesting, but a bit lost on that white plate background. ;-/
    --
    Peace, Om.