Dinner tonight

limey

Guest
It is darned cold here, with a cutting wind. Only one comfort food for
weather like that, I thought, and fixed my beef stew comfort food. Roll on,
real Spring.

Dora

--
[email protected]

On Wed 22 Mar 2006 05:29:44p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?

> It is darned cold here, with a cutting wind. Only one comfort food for
> weather like that, I thought, and fixed my beef stew comfort food. Roll
> on, real Spring.
>
> Dora

I wish I could have a nice hearty beef stew right now. It's been unusually
cold here in AZ, and that would really taste good. I know if I made some I
would eat far too much for my WW allowance. :-(

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

"limey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It is darned cold here, with a cutting wind. Only one comfort food for
> weather like that, I thought, and fixed my beef stew comfort food. Roll
> on, real Spring.

Stew sounds good!

It was pretty cool here in the northern Houston 'burbs--high of only 60
(record low temps this week!). Good soup weather, so dinner tonight was
chicken corn soup with extra rivels. :)

Mary

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Wed 22 Mar 2006 05:29:44p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?
>
> > It is darned cold here, with a cutting wind. Only one comfort food for
> > weather like that, I thought, and fixed my beef stew comfort food. Roll
> > on, real Spring.
> >
> > Dora
> >

> I wish I could have a nice hearty beef stew right now. It's been unusually
> cold here in AZ, and that would really taste good. I know if I made some I
> would eat far too much for my WW allowance. :-(
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright o¿o

Dinner in my house tonight will be your 9 hour oven roast of beef. I
didn't have heavy duty foil, so three layers of regular was used. I
hope it won't leak through. I would like to do oven baked potatoes to
go with it, but how much time would they need at 225 deg.???
......Sharon
> ____________________
>
> BIOYA

On Thu 23 Mar 2006 07:36:48a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it biig?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> On Wed 22 Mar 2006 05:29:44p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?
>>
>> > It is darned cold here, with a cutting wind. Only one comfort food
>> > for weather like that, I thought, and fixed my beef stew comfort
>> > food. Roll on, real Spring.
>> >
>> > Dora
>> >

>> I wish I could have a nice hearty beef stew right now. It's been
>> unusually cold here in AZ, and that would really taste good. I know if
>> I made some I would eat far too much for my WW allowance. :-(
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright o¿o

> Dinner in my house tonight will be your 9 hour oven roast of beef. I
> didn't have heavy duty foil, so three layers of regular was used. I
> hope it won't leak through. I would like to do oven baked potatoes to
> go with it, but how much time would they need at 225 deg.???
> .....Sharon

I've never done them in the oven at 225 degrees, but when I do baked
potatoes in a smoker at the same temperature, they take 3 to 3-/12 hours.
I think that should work.

Oh, with your foil, that should work fine, but make sure the seam side is
up. I always put the foil-wrapped roast in a pan with sides that is just a
bit larger than the roast. I seldom ever have a leak.

Post back...

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

"MareCat" wrote

> "limey" wrote in message
>> It is darned cold here, with a cutting wind. Only one comfort food for
>> weather like that, I thought, and fixed my beef stew comfort food. Roll
>> on, real Spring.

> Stew sounds good!
>
> It was pretty cool here in the northern Houston 'burbs--high of only 60
> (record low temps this week!). Good soup weather, so dinner tonight was
> chicken corn soup with extra rivels. :)
>
> Mary

Well, it was high 30's to 40 yesterday, with freezing temperatures predicted
for last night. Brrr. That's why the stew. Crazy - a week or two back, it
hit the low 80's - Spring flowers poked through, forsythia got forced,
lilacs budded and the birds went nuts. However, reality struck.

Dora

> > Dinner in my house tonight will be your 9 hour oven roast of beef. I
> > didn't have heavy duty foil, so three layers of regular was used. I
> > hope it won't leak through. I would like to do oven baked potatoes to
> > go with it, but how much time would they need at 225 deg.???
> > .....Sharon

> I've never done them in the oven at 225 degrees, but when I do baked
> potatoes in a smoker at the same temperature, they take 3 to 3-/12 hours.
> I think that should work.
>
> Oh, with your foil, that should work fine, but make sure the seam side is
> up. I always put the foil-wrapped roast in a pan with sides that is just a
> bit larger than the roast. I seldom ever have a leak.
>
> Post back...
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright o¿o

I do have it in a pan with sides and it does look like some juices
have dribbled through (a bit). It smells amazing already. I'll try
putting some russets in 3 hours before the roast will be ready. I can
always finish them in the mw, I guess. I wish I had some asparagus, but
it wasn't a good deal last grocery day. I may do some br. sprouts
instead. I'll keep you posted. .....Sharon
> ____________________
>
> BIOYA

On Thu 23 Mar 2006 09:07:37a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it biig?

>> > Dinner in my house tonight will be your 9 hour oven roast of beef.
>> > didn't have heavy duty foil, so three layers of regular was used. I
>> > hope it won't leak through. I would like to do oven baked potatoes
>> > to go with it, but how much time would they need at 225 deg.???
>> > .....Sharon

>> I've never done them in the oven at 225 degrees, but when I do baked
>> potatoes in a smoker at the same temperature, they take 3 to 3-/12
>> hours. I think that should work.
>>
>> Oh, with your foil, that should work fine, but make sure the seam side
>> is up. I always put the foil-wrapped roast in a pan with sides that is
>> just a bit larger than the roast. I seldom ever have a leak.
>>
>> Post back...
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright o¿o

> I do have it in a pan with sides and it does look like some juices
> have dribbled through (a bit). It smells amazing already. I'll try
> putting some russets in 3 hours before the roast will be ready. I can
> always finish them in the mw, I guess. I wish I had some asparagus, but
> it wasn't a good deal last grocery day. I may do some br. sprouts
> instead. I'll keep you posted. .....Sharon

A little bit of juices coming out won't hurt. I'm still searching for more
99¢ asparagus. I've probably eaten 10 pounds of it in the last month. :)
Sprouts sound good. I love them. I'll look for your report.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o

BIOYA