" dirt jump " mountainbike to learn skills on.

robbielg

Mar 27, 2005
Hi, I started mountain biking when i was about 30, and now 20 years later i still dont know how to bunny hop, wheelie...etc. I want to learn these moves as i know this will make me enjoy my cross country and off road rides more.

My question is, will a dirt jump style bike like a mongoose fireball 26 help me learn to do these skills easier? Even if i dont get to be an expert bunny hopper or wheelie king, will the mongoose fireball 26 make technical rides more fun because of the bikes geometry?

http://www.mongoose.com/MongooseFiles/ProductImages/786_511_2622_1_large.jpg

well i went ahead and bought the mongoose fireball 26. I do notice the front wheel is easier to pop up when going up sidewalk curbs. The bars are wider and the bike is comfortable. Costs a little over 300 us dollars equivalent. The frame does not have water bottle bosses. The bike feels like around 30 lbs. Havent weighed it yet. The rst launch forks are stiff but dont seem to have rebound damping. The wheels are pretty heavy but seem to be very sturdy, 36 spokes.

Hey robbielg, i know this is an old post but found it while searching for threads on the mongoose fireball 26.
Just wanted to know if you enjoyed riding the bike? I'm looking to get one for dirt jumping and some fun trail riding, so just wanted to know your thoughts on the bike