Dirty pleasures in Snowy Melbourne

Jules

Guest
I have to admit, since I got a proper set of full wheel coverage
mudguards, I rather enjoy tootling about when the road has a veritable
river of water on it. Splish splash, and I stay dry ;-)

Not sure if I'm just imagining it, but there seems to be noticeably less
rolling resistance, too, the upshot being that I'm moving quite a bit
quicker.

That's probably not a good thing in atriocious conditions, but ah well.
My squeaky brakes will scare off the cagers before I hit 'em.

Anyone else enjoying Melbourne's weather lately? I've spotted a _lot_
more bikes on my Richmond <-> Collingwood run than I ever recall seeing
before..

Jules
a.k.a Mr "Peak Oil is a Scam"

Not sure about less rolling restitance, but cold or bad weather (rain) makes me double my efforts in gettin' where I'm going.
Head down, grinding away; "it's not raining, it's not that cold, I can feel my toes, yes I can..." .

Marx SS wrote:

> Not sure about less rolling restitance, but cold or bad weather (rain)
> makes me double my efforts in gettin' where I'm going.
> Head down, grinding away; "it's not raining, it's not that cold, I can
> feel my toes, yes I can..." .
>
> --
> Marx SS

Heading out through Nerangba (sp?) used to be faster in the wet than the
dry, and less painful on my bot-bot. The road out there was really bumpy
(coarse bitumen) and water seemed to fill in the holes a bit.

Tam

Jules said:
I have to admit, since I got a proper set of full wheel coverage
mudguards, I rather enjoy tootling about when the road has a veritable
river of water on it. Splish splash, and I stay dry ;-)

Not sure if I'm just imagining it, but there seems to be noticeably less
rolling resistance, too, the upshot being that I'm moving quite a bit
quicker.

That's probably not a good thing in atriocious conditions, but ah well.
My squeaky brakes will scare off the cagers before I hit 'em.

Anyone else enjoying Melbourne's weather lately? I've spotted a _lot_
more bikes on my Richmond <-> Collingwood run than I ever recall seeing
before..

Jules
a.k.a Mr "Peak Oil is a Scam"
Spare a thought for us poor MTBers. The rain turns the trails to mud, which makes getting any rides in tough. Guess it could be worse... could have to ride on boring roads all the time, not just when it's wet :p.

SomeGuy wrote:

> Spare a thought for us poor MTBers. The rain turns the trails to mud,
> which makes getting any rides in tough. Guess it could be worse...
> could have to ride on boring roads all the time, not just when it's wet
> :p.

"poor"?! My MTB mates -love- the mud.

Bleve wrote:

> SomeGuy wrote:
>
> > Spare a thought for us poor MTBers. The rain turns the trails to mud,
> > which makes getting any rides in tough. Guess it could be worse...
> > could have to ride on boring roads all the time, not just when it's wet
> > :p.

> "poor"?! My MTB mates -love- the mud.

Lotte and Paulie will confirm that I'm not averse to throwing myself in
the mud while I pretend to MTB.

Tam