Disabusing Dullard's Disingenuously Distasteful Discourse

Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

Guest
"Indiana" Mike Rice wrote:
> And its a welcome respite to have Wayne check in as well. This group
> may be nearly dead, and mostly off topic at present, but I, for one,
> welcome the diversion from the on-going opera 'Days Of our Blog' that
> this place has become. I've gotten to the point of scanning the thread
> to catch Tom's rejoinders & ignoring the elongated stretches put forth
> by the (extremely) loyal opposition.

Have you read the thread on Iraq where Ed Dolan and I each contributed
more than 200 posts to the thread? ;)

> Most of the streets are free of ice today and I found myself thinking
> about a ride on the ol' Tour Easy. I've been mostly off for two or
> three months since having what seemed like a cardiac incident earlier
> this fall, though tests won't be run until mid-January. I'm feeling
> recovered enough that I want to do some riding now, I'll take that as
> a good sign.

Wayne Leggett would be happy to sell you a LoGo trike to deal with
occasional icy spots.

Would a Tour Easy (with an ISO 406-mm fork) have clearance for one of
these tires:
<http://www.calhouncycle.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=115&idproduct=478>?

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Dave Larrington

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic ([email protected]) wrote:

> nget (Mark who?) wrote:
> >
> > I was just remembering last year at this time wasn't it then that
> > Wayne came out with his attack against Ed Dolan?What is it with Wayne
> > and this time of the year that brings out the worst in him?Perhaps he
> > was a little boy of 4 years of age asking Santa Clause for that red
> > tricycle that he wanted so badly. When he didn't get it [1] he was hurt
> > and never got over it.And to this day he is just plain mean at Chistmas
> > time.

> What is up with the lack of spaces between sentences - is this some
> weird cyclingforums.com artifact?
>
> Wayne Leggett now has really nice tricycles to play with
> <http://www.logo-us.com/pix/logo016.jpg>.
>
> What is "Chistmas?

And is "Santa Clause" something found in a legal document?

Where's the gin?

nget

New Member
Feb 24, 2004
Dave Larrington said:
In article <[email protected]>,
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic ([email protected]) wrote:

> nget (Mark who?) wrote:
> >
> > I was just remembering last year at this time wasn't it then that
> > Wayne came out with his attack against Ed Dolan?What is it with Wayne
> > and this time of the year that brings out the worst in him?Perhaps he
> > was a little boy of 4 years of age asking Santa Clause for that red
> > tricycle that he wanted so badly. When he didn't get it [1] he was hurt
> > and never got over it.And to this day he is just plain mean at Chistmas
> > time.

> What is up with the lack of spaces between sentences - is this some
> weird cyclingforums.com artifact?
>
> Wayne Leggett now has really nice tricycles to play with
> <http://www.logo-us.com/pix/logo016.jpg>.
>
> What is "Chistmas?

And is "Santa Clause" something found in a legal document?

Where's the gin?

Well at least I didn't misspell the last name of Jesus, oh, never mind.

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:08:35 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:

[...]
>>I at first praised Wayne Leggett's poetry because it was quite good. This
>>went to his head and he then thought he could write just any old ****. But
>>every message is sui generis with me. So I had to take him to task for
>>writing about sex and ****. He took umbrage at this, thinking he had a God
>>given right to say anything he wanted to say to this group. But we have
>>some
>>standards here at ARBR and he can either come up to those standards or get
>>lost.
>>
>>Also, it is in extremely bad taste for anyone, let alone a poet, to allude
>>to sex and ****. He ought to be ashamed of himself! I have told him
>>repeatedly that the only proper subjects for a poet are love and death,
>>not
>>necessarily in that order.
>>

> Ed, I have never understood why Wayne (and others I won't mention,
> lacking proof) fails to accept your utter authority on this subject.
>
> You are a shining example.
>
> Indiana Mike

Yes, Mike, you are so right! Only I, the Great Ed Dolan, and Catholic
celibate priests know about love and death. All others should get lost on
these two subjects. I suspect Wayne Leggett is married and has ten children,
so of course he is totally unqualified to speak on love and death but
without a doubt knows all about sex and ****. Profundity is not for the
likes of him. That is reserved for great souls and highly refined intellects
like myself.

Mr. Sherman should also stay off of matters like love and death and stick to
the blogs which as everyone knows are full of naught but scum bags,
scoundrels and knaves.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Mike Rice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:15:49 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:01:20 +1100, nget
>>> <[email protected]> said in

>>> And how many times has Mr Ed made his grand exit?
>>>
>>> Guy

>>I may take another Grand Farewell shortly as I believe this group has died
>>altogether. It was murdered by a criminal vandal troll last winter and I
>>might note that Guy Chapman of England did nothing to prevent it. Besides,
>>parting is such sweet sorrow! It needs to be done more than once.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Ed Dolan - Minnesota
>>

> Heavens to Mergatroid! Exit, stage left!
>
> So what if Ed can't stay away. He's off the sauce and easier to get
> along with these days.
>
> And its a welcome respite to have Wayne check in as well. This group
> may be nearly dead, and mostly off topic at present, but I, for one,
> welcome the diversion from the on-going opera 'Days Of our Blog' that
> this place has become. I've gotten to the point of scanning the thread
> to catch Tom's rejoinders & ignoring the elongated stretches put forth
> by the (extremely) loyal opposition.

The truth is no one will read a long post, no matter the subject or how
interesting it might be. I learned this many years ago and so I have tried
to keep my messages to just a few well constructed paragraphs. Indiana Mike
also knows how to keep his posts to the right length.

On the other hand, many posts to ARBR are way too short. There is never any
excuse for a message that just runs to one or two sentences. These type of
short messages are a waste of everyone's time. Mr. Sherman is frequently
guilty of this and he should desist. If you do not have any more than that
to say, then you have essentially nothing to say. Better to shut up and wait
until you accumulate something to say. The best advice I can give in this
regard is to follow my sterling example.

> Most of the streets are free of ice today and I found myself thinking
> about a ride on the ol' Tour Easy. I've been mostly off for two or
> three months since having what seemed like a cardiac incident earlier
> this fall, though tests won't be run until mid-January. I'm feeling
> recovered enough that I want to do some riding now, I'll take that as
> a good sign.

Mike, cardio-vascular disease is the all-American way of death. Almost
everyone I know has had a by-pass operation or an angioplasty. I myself am
looking forward to dying of a stroke, unless a heart attack gets me first of
course. I am not overweight and have taken good care of myself over the
years, but life is a **** shoot and we all of us run out of luck sooner or
later. I sometimes think only my many medications are keeping me alive. One
thing is for sure. Those who think all you have to do is ride your bike a
lot and you will be safe from sickness and death are truly crazy.

As I peruse the newspaper every day looking at all the obituaries, I am
struck by how many men are kicking off in their 60's and 70's. If we make it
to our 80's, we have won the game of life. But there are not many of us that
make it that far. When you are middle age and you feel good, you think you
will live forever, but all it takes is just one little "incident" and, lo
and behold, you are shaking hands with the grim reaper.

Yes, ride your bike. It won't hurt anything, but far more important than
that is to see your doctor, follow his advice and above all, take your g.d.
medications!

Best Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

LoGo USA

Guest
Hey again -

Gee, I thought 'disingenuously' would be the word that
had folks saying "Huh?" But, no... Dullard's primary
persona (he who so often subjects his constipated little
mind to stringent voluntary peristalsis to plop out
archaic words like 'onanist' and 'stricture') piped up:

>What is a dog-ape? ... Why use a word that no one will
>know what it means [sic] without looking it up in a
>dictionary?

I hoped that term would not be strange to most ARBR folk,
but then I've done a crossword or two in my long life.
Tom's terse tutorial on terminology:

>A dog ape [separated by a space] is a male ape.

is (typically) technically true. But I intentionally used
the hyphenated form as a clue to its alternate meaning:
the animal that looks and behaves like a hybrid of the
two types. It's also called a baboon.

The Prince of Putzes' primary persona propounds:

>Note my name as an example of how a name should be:
>Edward Dolan.

But... with a '3D' name, one might be misled to expect
a well-rounded intellect and personality. I've subtly
suggested 'Edgar Colon' as a better alternative - very
similar, but I think it would give the reader a much
more accurate initial impression. At least that single
'D' would be a lot more appropriate for his decidedly
one-dimensional repetitious ranting - as in:

>I am a good troll... [deja vu all over again]

Does one repetition deserve another? If so:

A lie repeated's still a lie.

nget, Dullard's secondary persona insists [once more,
again... is there a pattern here?] that he (or she) is:

>No ones [sic] sock puppet

With which I half-heartedly agree. Making a sock puppet
takes a modicum of time, effort and skill. I'd say nget
is more of a 'shadow puppet', such as might be produced
by faint flickering flames from a frugal fire, filtered
through fumbling fingers upon the fake photo-finish of
cheap wood paneling that probably hasn't even been dusted
for fifteen years or so.

It is interesting to note that with the exception of
three dumped in mid-morning (when it seems our imaginary
forklift operator should be hard at work), all of nget's
ARBR messages in December are time stamped within 10
minutes of similar drivel from his alter ego's... but
hey, what's a little coincidence between a couple of
doppelgangers?

Suggestion for nget's puppet master: Please devote less
time to denying the obvious, and a bit more to learning
at least the basic rudiments of quoting when posting to
Usenet via cyclingforums. Oh and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
do work on those reading skills. E.g.:

>Wayne also said he would not post more poetry to this
>group.

WRONG! BRAPP-PP-PP! You lose, ngoober. Unlike one poor
old paranoid, I really don't mind being paraphrased, as
long as the statement is accurate, but the nget persona
should have paid attention when his alter ego proclaimed:

>I do not like it when others paraphrase me... It takes
>brains to think you know what someone else has said...
>It is better to let the writer speak for himself by
>providing the quotation. That is what I do and that is
>what I expect of others.

Yeah, yeah, we know... generic chop suey again, right?

Despite ignoring its alter ego's good advice, the nget
ngolem displayed a dollop of paranoia for it, asking:

>I was just remembering last year at this time [lack of
>proper punctuation sic] wasn't it then that Wayne came
>out with his attack against Ed Dolan?

Actually it was early this year when Wayne, very, very
weary of TROLLish behavior, began to (sincerely) suggest
a more temperate standard for ARBR's most abrasive
poster. Oh, but a person with a serious memory defect
would have to search a bit to figure that out; when he
sees himself as having no respect or credibility at risk
for being wrong, it's much easier to just take a sloppy
shot. How nice it must be to be a mindless puppet with
no true sense of self or shame.

ARBR readers who are interested in what I'd like for us
all for Christmas this year, and who are ready for some
fairly serious prose that delineates my true feelings
about the negative effects of a perversely prolific,
selfishly irresponsible and rashly asocial antagonist
on a Usenet newsgroup (rather than more of this sort of
flippantly snippy retorts), should click here:

http://www.logo-us.com/pow/arbrxmas.htm

Warmest regards and Merry Christmas,
Wayne

Edward Dolan

Guest
"LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hey again -
>
> Gee, I thought 'disingenuously' would be the word that
> had folks saying "Huh?" But, no... Dullard's primary
> persona (he who so often subjects his constipated little
> mind to stringent voluntary peristalsis to plop out
> archaic words like 'onanist' and 'stricture') piped up:

I knew a two bit poet like you would know all about onanism, so that is why
I used it. It sure sounds better than masturbating moron, don't you think?
'Stricture' is archaic?

>>What is a dog-ape? ... Why use a word that no one will
>>know what it means [sic] without looking it up in a
>>dictionary?

No, I meant means. I believe I used the word correctly. It has several uses
you know. Of course I could have said ... "Why use a word that no one will
know its meaning", but it does not play like how I wanted it to play. I have
my style and you have yours.

> I hoped that term would not be strange to most ARBR folk,
> but then I've done a crossword or two in my long life.
> Tom's terse tutorial on terminology:
>
>>A dog ape [separated by a space] is a male ape.

> is (typically) technically true. But I intentionally used
> the hyphenated form as a clue to its alternate meaning:
> the animal that looks and behaves like a hybrid of the
> two types. It's also called a baboon.

Then you should have used the word baboon and found another word to rhyme
with it. Communication is of the essence, not rhymes.

> The Prince of Putzes' primary persona propounds:
>
>>Note my name as an example of how a name should be:
>>Edward Dolan.

> But... with a '3D' name, one might be misled to expect
> a well-rounded intellect and personality.

The 3 D's are all separated by other letters. They do not come together as
in your last name, Leggett. You take the prize for having a really stupid
spelling to your name. If you do not like the way people misspell it, then
get yourself a better name why don't you?
[...]

>>I am a good troll... [deja vu all over again]

> Does one repetition deserve another? If so:
>
> A lie repeated's still a lie.

Repetition is of the essense when dealing with morons. How else do they ever
learn anything.
[...]

> Actually it was early this year when Wayne, very, very
> weary of TROLLish behavior, began to (sincerely) suggest
> a more temperate standard for ARBR's most abrasive
> poster.

[...]

I am a good troll, but Wayne Leggett, the poet of ****, turned out to be a
bad troll. He thought he could allude to sex and **** and it would pass
unnoticed, not realizing that there are some standards here on ARBR thanks
to the influence of Ed Dolan.
[...]

> ARBR readers who are interested in what I'd like for us
> all for Christmas this year, and who are ready for some
> fairly serious prose that delineates my true feelings
> about the negative effects of a perversely prolific,
> selfishly irresponsible and rashly asocial antagonist
> on a Usenet newsgroup (rather than more of this sort of
> flippantly snippy retorts), should click here:

By all means go to his blog, ever the province of scum bags, scoundrels and
knaves.

Does anyone but me get the feeling that Wayne Leggett is constantly
resorting to freakish words to impress others by his vocabulary.
Unfortunately for him, it is having just the opposite effect. It is
something that is done by the half educated who think they have to use big
and/or odd words to convince others that they are not really as dumb as they
know themselves to be.

I urge Wayne to emulate the Great Ed Dolan. Mr. Dolan is a highly educated
person who knows how to use language without putting on a show of it. It is
a matter of good taste. You either have it or you don't - and it is very
difficult to learn. It is mostly a by-product of good breeding and a
cultured home life. Wayne would have to go to a finishing school to get up
to speed.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

nget

New Member
Feb 24, 2004
LoGo USA said:
> [...]

Actually it was early this year when Wayne, very, very
weary of TROLLish behavior, began to (sincerely) suggest
a more temperate standard for ARBR's most abrasive
poster. Oh, but a person with a serious memory defect
would have to search a bit to figure that out; when he
sees himself as having no respect or credibility at risk
for being wrong, it's much easier to just take a sloppy
shot. How nice it must be to be a mindless puppet with
no true sense of self or shame.

ARBR readers who are interested in what I'd like for us
all for Christmas this year, and who are ready for some
fairly serious prose that delineates my true feelings
about the negative effects of a perversely prolific,
selfishly irresponsible and rashly asocial antagonist
on a Usenet newsgroup (rather than more of this sort of
flippantly snippy retorts), should click here:

And because this place is unmoderated you Wayne can come on here and call me a ngoober. You at this time are the biggest name caller ever to post here. I defend your right to speak your mind without censorship. Who is polishing your jack-boots these days?
Nothing up my sleeve,
Mark

Edward Dolan

Guest
"nget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
[...]
> And because this place is unmoderated you Wayne can come on here and
> call me a ngoober. You at this time are the biggest name caller ever to
> post here. I defend your right to speak your mind without censorship.
> Who is polishing your jack-boots these days?
> Nothing up my sleeve,
> Mark
>
> nget

Wayne has never gotten over you calling him the Poet of ****. I wish I had
thought of that! I am never that inspired although I try to be as equally as
truthful in my own inimitable manner.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

Guest
LoGo USA aka Wayne Leggett wrote with excessive alliteration:
> Hey again -
>
> Gee, I thought 'disingenuously' would be the word that
> had folks saying "Huh?" But, no... Dullard's primary
> persona (he who so often subjects his constipated little
> mind to stringent voluntary peristalsis to plop out
> archaic words like 'onanist' and 'stricture') piped up:...

The Onanists have their own website:
<http://www.onan.com/onan/index.jsp>.

Oh, you mean the Old Testament Onan? Then
<http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/er_and_onan/gn38_09.html>.

--

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Hey again -
> >
> > Gee, I thought 'disingenuously' would be the word that
> > had folks saying "Huh?" But, no... Dullard's primary
> > persona (he who so often subjects his constipated little
> > mind to stringent voluntary peristalsis to plop out
> > archaic words like 'onanist' and 'stricture') piped up:

> I knew a two bit poet like you would know all about onanism, so that is why
> I used it. It sure sounds better than masturbating moron, don't you think?...

Onan's sin was coitus interruptus to avoid impregnation of his
sister-in-law, not masturbation. See
<http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/er_and_onan/gn38_01.html>.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "LoGo USA" <[email protected]om> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > Hey again -
>> >
>> > Gee, I thought 'disingenuously' would be the word that
>> > had folks saying "Huh?" But, no... Dullard's primary
>> > persona (he who so often subjects his constipated little
>> > mind to stringent voluntary peristalsis to plop out
>> > archaic words like 'onanist' and 'stricture') piped up:

>> I knew a two bit poet like you would know all about onanism, so that is
>> why
>> I used it. It sure sounds better than masturbating moron, don't you
>> think?...

> Onan's sin was coitus interruptus to avoid impregnation of his
> sister-in-law, not masturbation. See
> <http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/er_and_onan/gn38_01.html>.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

In as much as sex is nothing but mutual masturbation anyway, I do not see
that it is a difference that matters. It is the goal that matters and since
the only purpose of sex is procreation, anyone who is doing anything in that
field without that goal in mind is clearly demented and depraved, besides
being a scum bucket, a scoundrel and a knave. Wayne Leggett, the poet of
ARBR, will know all about this of course.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

LoGo USA

Guest
Greetings gang -

In my (admittedly adversarial) anecdotal additions to the
annual accumulation at ARBR, as I've unabashedly assailed
the amassed anthology of annoyingly abhorrent and abrasive
aberrations added by a certain acerbic, addlepated,
aggravating asshole (addicted to adipose - if inaccurate -
admonishments ad nauseum) and his artless, inarticulate
(and inanimate) accomplice, I have dutifully and diligently
dared to develop and display a dashing, dilettantish
demeanor, differing distinctly and delightfully (I declaim)
from Dolan's daily dose of depressingly dumbed-down, deadly
dull, disdainful dialog. But then...

>... excessive...

Tom alleged, alluding to a longish Leggett-authored litany
of letters all alike. Alas, I like alliteration. Its light
little lilt is likely to alter a limping allegory into a
lively allegro, a lifeless liturgy into lovely literature.
Hey, but wait... excessive can be a good thing, right?

[PERSONAL NOTE TO TOM: LoGo (Leggett) liked the link to
the lusciously lewd little Lego lesson. Please carry on
an' on an' on an'...]

With warmest wishes,
Wayne

Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

Guest
LoGo USA aka Wayne Leggett wrote:
> [PERSONAL NOTE TO TOM: LoGo (Leggett) liked the link to
> the lusciously lewd little Lego lesson. Please carry on
> an' on an' on an'...]

Well, I happened to remember that "The Brick Testament" [1] annoys the
Troll of Worthington, so I had to include the reference. ;)

[1] <http://www.thebricktestament.com/>.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

nget

New Member
Feb 24, 2004
LoGo USA said:
Greetings gang -

and his artless, inarticulate
(and inanimate) accomplice,

With warmest wishes,
Wayne
I am the underdog, in that there should be no doubt. If all were wordsmiths and no one left to make even a loaf of bread, then all would starve. It is going to take more than this fluff to get much of a response from me.
"I am a human being" [quote from the film "Elephant man"]
Mark

Edward Dolan

Guest
"LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Greetings gang -
>
> In my (admittedly adversarial) anecdotal additions to the
> annual accumulation at ARBR, as I've unabashedly assailed
> the amassed anthology of annoyingly abhorrent and abrasive
> aberrations added by a certain acerbic, addlepated,
> aggravating asshole (addicted to adipose - if inaccurate -
> admonishments ad nauseum) and his artless, inarticulate
> (and inanimate) accomplice, I have dutifully and diligently
> dared to develop and display a dashing, dilettantish
> demeanor, differing distinctly and delightfully (I declaim)
> from Dolan's daily dose of depressingly dumbed-down, deadly
> dull, disdainful dialog. But then...
>
>>... excessive...

> Tom alleged, alluding to a longish Leggett-authored litany
> of letters all alike. Alas, I like alliteration. Its light
> little lilt is likely to alter a limping allegory into a
> lively allegro, a lifeless liturgy into lovely literature.
> Hey, but wait... excessive can be a good thing, right?

[...]

All top posters are idiots!

No, you are sounding dumber and dumber the more you attempt to write like a
poet. Take some time out and think about what it is you want to say. Then
try to say it in as few words as possible. Poetry ought to induce focus and
concentration, not run and on to no purpose. No one will bother to read
poetry unless it is concentrated. The days of Lord Byron are long past. Try
to get up to speed with T.S. Eliot.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> LoGo USA aka Wayne Leggett wrote:
>> [PERSONAL NOTE TO TOM: LoGo (Leggett) liked the link to
>> the lusciously lewd little Lego lesson. Please carry on
>> an' on an' on an'...]

> Well, I happened to remember that "The Brick Testament" [1] annoys the
> Troll of Worthington, so I had to include the reference. ;)
>
> [1] <http://www.thebricktestament.com/>.
> --
> Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

I do not go to links like a dumbbell unless I expect to find something there
that will enlighten or amuse me. I learned long ago that Mr. Sherman and I
do not have the same sense of humor. His is childish whereas mine is adult.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan

Guest
"nget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> LoGo USA Wrote:
>> Greetings gang -
>>
>> and his artless, inarticulate
>> (and inanimate) accomplice,
>>

>> With warmest wishes,
>> Wayne

> I am the underdog, in that there should be no doubt. If all were
> wordsmiths and no one left to make even a loaf of bread, then all would
> starve. It is going to take more than this fluff to get much of a
> response from me.
> "I am a human being" from the film "Elephant man" Wrote:
>>
>> Mark

> --
> nget

Nonsense! Your remark about Wayne Leggett being the Poet of **** was on the
order of genius and far better than anything he has written so far.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

LoGo USA

Guest
Hey guys-

This is a long post, pretty much just what will probably
my last posting this year - the end product of notes I've
popped off - berating the misguided miscreant who still
stubbornly continues to litter the ARBR archives with
mean-spirited self-indulgent drivel posted in the names
of Ed Dolan and nget. Don't waste your time reading any
further unless you enjoy the humiliation of this sad
(but very deserving) simpleton. Anyway, here we go again:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

AWWW-WWW... both sides of the Dolan-nget duality (aka
DO-NG) are unhappy. While his virtual stepchild nged
(nget with a dash of Dolan) poor-mouths:

>I am the underdog, in that there should be no doubt.

we also get a complaint from the primary ego (aka Edgy -
I picture him as a squat, sour-faced, toadish old
curmudgeon, with wrinkled pouty lips, cold fish eyes
and a dull, quacking voice - sort of like an aging
Edward G. Robinson playing one of his worst bad boys):

>... calling him [Wayne] the Poet of ****. I wish I had
>thought of that! ... [nged's] remark... was on the
>order of genius...

Now that is unfair! Gnoisy gnuisance nged ngets to pretend
that he has a job, sex with an imaginary wife (at least
presumably occasionally), that he has not one but two
(make-believe) trikes much nicer than Edgy's real (or
imaginary?) ones, and maybe even live in a milder climate.
So why does the self-professed underdog get to 'think up'
that absolutely brilliant bon mot [YAWW-WW-WN] which has
been repeated approximately sixty-seven times to date by
the dyslexic duo? One wonders just how lacking in both
intellect and talent we are supposed to think the Edgy
persona is. He says:

>I am never that inspired although I try to be as equally
>as truthful [awkward, meaningless phrasing sic] in my own
>inimitable manner.

Uninspired? Si. Truthful? No. Inimitable? I can't imagine
why anyone would even try. When Clinton was President
didn't we finally agree that the word 'truthful' becomes
pretty much meaningless once you add qualifiers?

Sad... All the poor (but much more prolific) partner gets
to do is play blathering buffoon, using dialog deleted (as
much too stodgy) from his local priest's Sunday sermon,
such as:

>... since the only purpose of sex is procreation, anyone
>who is doing anything in that [soccer?] field without
>that goal in mind is clearly demented and depraved...

Or he barfs up misworded, muddled messes like this:

>I could have said ... [misused ellipsis sic] "Why use
>a word that no one will know its meaning" [awkward
>wording - second attempt - sic], but it does not play
>like how [awkward wording again sic] I wanted it to
>play.

Is it DO-NG's real writer or only the poor Edgy persona
that does not realize he could meet minimal standards
for middle school composition by simply saying "Why use
a word that no one will understand?"

But on it goes:

>I have my style... Communication is of the essence...
>Repetition is of the essense [sic]... Mr. Dolan is a
>highly educated person who knows how to use language
>[BLAH, BLAH, BLAH ad nauseum, ab ovo, ad nauseum, ad
>infinitum...]

Style? Sad. Communication? No. Repetition? Si, si, si.
Proper use of first person pronoun when referring to
oneself? No. Language know-how? Oh, please! Has 'highly
educated' been redefined to mean 'went to class most
days and got a mercy C- in seventh grade English while
striving not to drool all over the swelling bosoms of
one's pubescent female classmates'?

Herewith, a FREE and much-needed tutorial in creative
writing - Edgy wrote [all sic, sic, sic]:

>Does anyone but me get the feeling that [NAME WITHHELD
>BY SPECIAL REQUEST] is constantly resorting to freakish
>words to impress others by his vocabulary. Unfortunately
>for him, it is having just the opposite effect. It is
>something that is done by the half educated who think
>they have to use big and/or odd words to convince others
>that they are not really as dumb as they know themselves
>to be.

While any fairly bright twelve-year-old might write:

Does anyone else feel that Edgy uses freakish words in an
effort to impress others with [not by] his vocabulary?
Unfortunately for him, this habit [not it] has the
opposite effect. Using odd words [again not it] is a
common practice for a poorly educated writer, as he tries
to convince readers that he [correcting Edgy's pronoun-
antecedent error] is really not as dumb as he himself
knows he is. Edgy should not even profess to understand
what a modestly educated person has written, much less
attempt to criticize or emulate it.

But it gets worse:

>By all means go to his [Wayne's] blog, ever the province
>of scum bags [sic], scoundrels and knaves.

I think a single mouse click will work for most folks; it
probably isn't necessary to use 'all means'. My link is to
a simple webpage, not a blog. 'Ever' is a bit overreaching
for something that's been in existence less than a week in
the case of my webpage, or only about five years for blogs.
Isn't 'the province' up in Canada? 'Scumbags' is a compound
(not com pound) word; 'scoundrels' and 'knaves' are sadly
pretentious, archaic words. Has this DO-NG guy (who writes
the scripts for Edgy and nged) had an actual face-to-face
conversation with a real person anytime in the last twenty
years or so?

More squeaks from the shadow:

>You [Wayne] at this time are the biggest name caller ever
>to post here.

Wait, I'm confused - is that only 'at this time' or
'ever'? And from whom did nged copy his habit of sloppy
overstatement? 'Ever' is an oddly familiar word, and it
is such a long, long time. Exactly what parameter(s)
would we measure to verify nged's 'biggest' claim?

While I can certainly manage to avoid responding to the
DO-NG twins' thoughtless, pointless, endless repetitions
of 'Poet of ****' for weeks, it is true that I'm likely
to coin an interesting (and most often true even though
unkind) remark or two about a mindless non-entity (aka
puppet or self-parodying persona) or two from time to
time here at ARBR.

But when it comes to shotgunning baseless insults (aka
lies!), to borrow a phrase, "I am the underdog, in that
there should be no doubt." Since Edgy has historically
(errantly) referred to the hundreds (maybe thousands) of
ARBR readers, using about six vile misnomers per post
(e.g., morons, idiots, cowards) roughly twice a week for
many months now, he'd be pretty tough to top.

>Nothing up my sleeve

Gnot big gnews, ngolem - gno sleeve, gno arm, gnot a
real person...

>"I am a human being" from the film "Elephant man" [sic]

Oh. Is that where he came from? For the record, those
aren't the real persons, deformed or otherwise, we see
on a movie screen; they're only two-dimensional visual
images of actors with lots of makeup and electronically
reproduced voices. They're mere projections scripted to
create the illusion that they are the actual or fictional
characters. The actors are often replaced during filming
by stand-ins, stunt doubles, voice-overs or lately even
by a bit of computer generated technomagic - you know,
sort of like nged...

>Who is polishing your jack-boots [sic] these days?

Interesting... even wearing his nged cap, the poor DO-NG
manipulator's meager muddled mentality still can't come to
terms with (simple) compound words. Anyway, I'm sorry to
harshly disappoint the ngoober, but I'm not in the market
for a shoeshine boy this week, virtual or otherwise. But
with a little polish (black, on their virtual faces), I
bet nged and Edgy could be a really cute vaudeville act.

Regards,
Wayne

Mike Rice

Guest
On 16 Dec 2005 12:57:13 -0800, "LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hey guys-
>
>This is a long post, pretty much just what will probably
>my last posting this year - the end product of notes I've
>popped off - berating the misguided miscreant who still
>stubbornly continues to litter the ARBR archives with
>mean-spirited self-indulgent drivel posted in the names
>of Ed Dolan and nget. Don't waste your time reading any
>further unless you enjoy the humiliation of this sad
>(but very deserving) simpleton. Anyway, here we go again:

>AWWW-WWW... both sides of the Dolan-nget duality (aka
>DO-NG) are unhappy. While his virtual stepchild nged
>(nget with a dash of Dolan) poor-mouths:
>
>>I am the underdog, in that there should be no doubt.

There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!

Indiana Mike