Disc Brake Adapter Question - Trek / Avid

Groo the Wanderer

Guest
Hello mountain people,

I've got a Trek Fuel 90 without int'l std. disc brake mounts. I want to
slap the new Avid stopper on it. Anyone done this conversion? Or one
similar? I know there are adapters on the market: Therapy, Woodman, a2z
- but I'm not sure what to use.

Thanks,

LP

Never mind. (As IF anyone was interested in replying; It's apparent all
you guys do is biotch at eachother...)

Trek makes the hardware (they don't include the piece on the production
bike to save weight - the minimalist approach).

LP

Groo the Wanderer wrote:
> Never mind. (As IF anyone was interested in replying; It's apparent all
> you guys do is biotch at eachother...)
>
> Trek makes the hardware (they don't include the piece on the production
> bike to save weight - the minimalist approach).
>
> LP

Would it have helped if I had replied "I don't know."?

Matt

MattB wrote:
> Groo the Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Never mind. (As IF anyone was interested in replying; It's apparent
>> all you guys do is biotch at eachother...)
>>
>> Trek makes the hardware (they don't include the piece on the
>> production bike to save weight - the minimalist approach).
>>
>> LP
>>

> Would it have helped if I had replied "I don't know."?
>
> Matt

:) No. It's just funny - I haven't been on this group in a very long
time (if ever) and it's the same as all groups are - always a bad apple
or two with an inferiority complex hogging the bandwidth with drivel....

LP

oh, HWMNBN, just kill that ****...;-)

Groo the Wanderer wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>> Groo the Wanderer wrote:
>>
>>> Never mind. (As IF anyone was interested in replying; It's apparent
>>> all you guys do is biotch at eachother...)
>>>
>>> Trek makes the hardware (they don't include the piece on the
>>> production bike to save weight - the minimalist approach).
>>>
>>> LP
>>>

>> Would it have helped if I had replied "I don't know."?
>>
>> Matt

> :) No. It's just funny - I haven't been on this group in a very long
> time (if ever) and it's the same as all groups are - always a bad
> apple or two with an inferiority complex hogging the bandwidth with
> drivel....

Don't be so hard on yourself!

<eg>

Groo the Wanderer wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>> Groo the Wanderer wrote:
>>
>>> Never mind. (As IF anyone was interested in replying; It's apparent
>>> all you guys do is biotch at eachother...)
>>>
>>> Trek makes the hardware (they don't include the piece on the
>>> production bike to save weight - the minimalist approach).
>>>
>>> LP
>>>

>> Would it have helped if I had replied "I don't know."?
>>
>> Matt

> :) No. It's just funny - I haven't been on this group in a very long
> time (if ever) and it's the same as all groups are - always a bad apple
> or two with an inferiority complex hogging the bandwidth with drivel....
>
> LP

If you're referring to Mr Vandeman, then just kill him. He's the
resident wacko and has been around for years. Most ignore him, some
throw him a line occasionally for cheap thrills, and others, mostly the
newbies try to convince him of the error of his ways. Noisy but
harmless pretty much sums him up. As for the others? Most of them just
need slapping occasionally.

As for your original question? Nope. Never done it. Closest that I
have was to stay with v's on the rear and put a spare disc on the fork.
Not pretty, but it worked nicely.
--
Westie

Buy the adapter from you LBS. I did when I put
Avid mechs on mine.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA