Disc brake adapters

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Zilla, Feb 8, 2003.

  1. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Has anyone here ever used these?
    >
    > http://www.firstprinciples.ca
    >
    > --
    > - Zilla

    I've never heard or seen any talk/use those, but they are very interesting.

    IMHO, if you're going to re-lace your wheel anyway, why go thru all that hassle....just get a
    decent disc hub (XT's are dirt cheap) for pretty cheap. After you add up the savings using that
    thing, you're actually not really saving much money, plus you'll never be able to sell the hub
    after the mod.

    Just my $.02.
    --
    Slacker

  3. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 20:27:52 -0500, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Has anyone here ever used these?
    >
    >http://www.firstprinciples.ca

    I'm sure someone will buy/by that BS/Hype. What's wrong with getting a new hub?

    You must be kidding if you're worried about saving 55 grams and you desperately need to get a clue.

    Peace,

    Bill

    :-]

  4. They're not very useful. In fact I've seen some stores slashing prices trying to unload inventory
    of them already. Cute idea but totally uneeded. Also not a unique idea either. Amp-Research
    offered the same things years ago to convert shimano parallax rear hubs to accept Amp rotors. I
    have a LX hub laced with one on my Amp B3. While in Amp's case they were a useful product (since
    at the time, shimano didn't make ANY disc hubs and it was better than Amp making their own rear
    hubs), these other ones are useless given how cheap you can buy brand new disc hubs (from shimano,
    formula, and others).