Disc Brake Adaptor for Gary Fisher

MtnBkrDon

Jan 5, 2004
Does anyone have, or know of, the disc brake adaptor that will allow for the mounting of an Avid Rear Mechanical Disc Brake Caliper onto a Gary Fisher or Trek hardtail frame circa 2000 frames to current? The part number is supposed to be 210648.

Love to hear from someone who actually has the thing [if it exists] AND with an Avid mech caliper mounted and working.

Yes, there is such an adaptor. I'm having my bike shop find it for my GF Hoo Koo (2000) hardtail. As soon as I hear the details on the adaptor I'll reply to your thread. The one thing to check is that you should have two wholes on the chainstay (the horizontal bar) opposite your cassette that are 22 mm apart.

I'd be interested to hear how you make out. I had a person email me from Britain who has the adapater AND the avid caliper mounted. Seems to be pleased with it. The Gary Fisher part number is 87855. The existing 22mm mounting system you refer to is called Trek Disc-o-Mount.

I have a 2000 Hoo Koo to which I wished to fit a rear disc to.

Spoke to Trek UK about this a couple of years back.

They advised that the only discs that this mount could use was a Hayes HFX system.

The hayes has an adaptor fitted to them to suit the standard international mount, when this is removed the hole crs are 22mm in the horizontal position. this should be the same as the mount on the chainstay.

I haven't done this yet as I would have preferred to fit the same disc set up as the front (a Deore Hydraulic).