disc brake adaptors/relacement stanctions

Pottsy

Guest
Hi,

I know of the A2Z and Forge tye frame converters for those of us to fit disc calipers to frames
without disc mounts, but what about forks? I have a pair of Rock Shox sids that i got in '99 that
have no mounts and as they're about the lightest susp. forks going (and therefore would cost a
pretty penny to replace) I wondered if anyone has found a way of fitting a caliper to non-disc
brake forks?

Alternatiely, do Rock Shox (or theor stockists) sell just stanctions so I can replace just the
necessary bit on my forks?

Cheers, Dave.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:52:30 +0100, "Pottsy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Alternatiely, do Rock Shox (or theor stockists) sell just stanctions so I can replace just the
>necessary bit on my forks?
>
>Cheers, Dave.

You will need new lowers, the 00' and 01' lowers would work, or even Judy lowers (which would
stiffen the fork up a litte).

But seeing its a 99' and Sids are noteable for being like wet noodles its not worth it.

Maybe if you found a blown Judy or Sid and stole the lowers from it.