disc brake adaptors/relacement stanctions

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Pottsy, Sep 21, 2003.

  1. Pottsy

    Pottsy Guest

    Hi,

    I know of the A2Z and Forge tye frame converters for those of us to fit disc calipers to frames
    without disc mounts, but what about forks? I have a pair of Rock Shox sids that i got in '99 that
    have no mounts and as they're about the lightest susp. forks going (and therefore would cost a
    pretty penny to replace) I wondered if anyone has found a way of fitting a caliper to non-disc
    brake forks?

    Alternatiely, do Rock Shox (or theor stockists) sell just stanctions so I can replace just the
    necessary bit on my forks?

    Cheers, Dave.

    Tags:

  2. Gregr

    Gregr Guest

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:52:30 +0100, "Pottsy" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Alternatiely, do Rock Shox (or theor stockists) sell just stanctions so I can replace just the
    >necessary bit on my forks?
    >
    >Cheers, Dave.

    You will need new lowers, the 00' and 01' lowers would work, or even Judy lowers (which would
    stiffen the fork up a litte).

    But seeing its a 99' and Sids are noteable for being like wet noodles its not worth it.

    Maybe if you found a blown Judy or Sid and stole the lowers from it.