Disc Brake Quick Release Safety Recall Expands To 17 More Manufacturers

CAMPYBOB

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah...for folks with zero brain cells. We have to make life easy for illegal immigrants that just rode their mointain bikes from Syria to Croatia.

There are rumours that some of these people kill and eat the stray animals in the cities. :D

What bugs me most though, is that my sweet anarchist chicks won't even look at me, never mind going on a date unless, I am a Syrian refugee!

You might score some of these fat hairy ones if you are from Afghanistan... It's tre banal now... All the fashion is about Syria. :D

Hey... I dont even have disk brakes! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TzHTKBiy68

mpre53 said:
Sounds like another reason not to get disc brakes, although I do know how to operate a QR.
Or you make sure to keep the lever on the opposite side of the brake.

We'd never needed to see any of this had the industry just gotten it right in the first place and stuck the caliper at the FRONT of the fork instead of on the rear.

dabac said:
Or you make sure to keep the lever on the opposite side of the brake.

We'd never needed to see any of this had the industry just gotten it right in the first place and stuck the caliper at the FRONT of the fork instead of on the rear.
Right ...

Also, way-back-when it was (wisely) suggested that the quick release be put on the right side (i.e., the side opposite to the rotor) to preclude the possibility of accidentally burning oneself if removing a wheel with an over-heated rotor.

I do quite like the disc brakes on mine but it's bad to see Trek are recalling their bikes over issues with theirs.

Kinda makes me a little worried over the ones on mine...