disc brake rotor off center?

DRLski

Dec 23, 2003
I have a pair of avid mech disc brakes that are constantly rubbing. I tried opening the pads up all the way and they still rub. they seem to rub on the left pad, is there anymore adjusting that I can make. My wheel is true.

Dave

Originally posted by DRLski
I have a pair of avid mech disc brakes that are constantly rubbing. I tried opening the pads up all the way and they still rub. they seem to rub on the left pad, is there anymore adjusting that I can make. My wheel is true.

Dave

<http://www.avidbike.com/7_techinfo/02 BBDB-MTN v3.pdf.>
If I picked the wrong brake, look on their site for the one you actually have.
If following AvidBike directions doesn't do the job, write them and/or call them for some help.
Call (303) 762-9353 or email [email protected]

DRLski said:

Dave

U could try remounting the calliper with washers to move it one way or another. this was an issue with my brakes some time ago

Are they new pads? you could just need to break them in. this could take a short time or a long time. :)

If you are using quick release scewers, rubbing can be an issue everytime you remove and replace the wheel. ( my bike rides in the back of my pickup in a delta scewer so I remove the front wheel often ) Try this! Loosen the mounting bolts for the caliper and the ISO adapters " if you use them" With all the bolts slightly loose squeeze the brake lever and watch the caliper adjust itself, while still holding the brake lever in tighten the mounting bolts just enough to hold the caliper in place. release the brake and spin the wheel and check for rubbing. if it still rubs remove and reinstall the wheel and repeat the procedure. Good luck!
PS. Don't forget to torque the bolts once you have evrything aligned!