Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Disc Brakes-Larger rotor

Started by Crash Gordon · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,380 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
2 December 2003
Last activity
2 December 2003
Original author
Crash Gordon
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,380
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I have Hope Mini's fitted to my Whyte PRST1 with a 165mm rotor on the front brake.
    I think I need some more braking force going down steep single tracks.

    Are their better pads than the standard out there? also would it be difficult to fit a larger rotor, say 185mm dia.

    Is there a larger bolt on spacer for the Whyte (It already has a bolt on disc mount as original equipment) or is a 1/2 caliper required?

    Hope you can help (No pun intended)

    Bill

  2. Hope makes 185mm as well as 203mm rotors for the Mini. You will need an adapter to fit it with the larger rotor. I believe Hope also makes a version of the Mini caliper that is fitted to a 185mm rotor.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.