Disc brakes on a 2000 Cannondale F700?

I_Like_Snow

May 23, 2005
I am thinking about purchasing a year 2000 Cannondale F700. The bike has disc brakes in the front but I would like to add them to the rear as well.
Can anyone tell me whether this frame has mounts which would allow me to add disc brakes? :confused:
I have not seen the bike as of yet and the seller does not appear to be familiar enough to know for sure. I have seen photos that appear to show disc brake mounts for the rear but I was hoping to get confirmation from someone who has personal experience with this particular frame.
Thank you. :)

I_Like_Snow said:
I am thinking about purchasing a year 2000 Cannondale F700. The bike has disc brakes in the front but I would like to add them to the rear as well.
Can anyone tell me whether this frame has mounts which would allow me to add disc brakes? :confused:
I have not seen the bike as of yet and the seller does not appear to be familiar enough to know for sure. I have seen photos that appear to show disc brake mounts for the rear but I was hoping to get confirmation from someone who has personal experience with this particular frame.
Thank you. :)
i dont know anything about the bike but are you sure there arent discs in the back? cause it seems weird that they would only have them in the front..ive never seen that before

ironcobraptw said:
cause it seems weird that they would only have them in the front..ive never seen that before

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/00/cusa/model-0FS7.html

Now you have :). It would have been done to keep costs and weight down (this is 2000 remember, disc brakes have gotten much lighter and cheaper since then), while still providing extra stopping power. Most of your stopping force is available from the front wheel, so it makes sense to have a beefer brake there. It's still quite common these days to see a bike with a smaller rotor on the back than the front.

As to whether you can stick a disc on the back, they specced a disc hub at the rear and seeing as the F700 SX came with discs front and back, I'd be suprised if there was no disc mount on the frame. I'm pretty sure I can see half of it in that photo too.

SomeGuy said:
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/00/cusa/model-0FS7.html

Now you have :). It would have been done to keep costs and weight down (this is 2000 remember, disc brakes have gotten much lighter and cheaper since then), while still providing extra stopping power. Most of your stopping force is available from the front wheel, so it makes sense to have a beefer brake there. It's still quite common these days to see a bike with a smaller rotor on the back than the front.

As to whether you can stick a disc on the back, they specced a disc hub at the rear and seeing as the F700 SX came with discs front and back, I'd be suprised if there was no disc mount on the frame. I'm pretty sure I can see half of it in that photo too.
yea i think you could mount one on there because its a hard tail. i have disc brakes on my bike and it mounts like a front derailluer just around a round part of the back of the frame