Disc Brakes on Gary Fisher Tassajara? Help!

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 12:14:13 +0100, Lars wrote:

> I have a 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara with Tektro V-brakes. I would like to upgrade this with Disc
> Brakes, but am not sure what parts I need to order. Specs for the bike is here;
>
> http://www.fisherbikes.com/archive/full_specs.asp?series=genesis&bike=Tassajara&year=2003

Does the frame have an ISO disc mount (I have a feeling it doesn't, but it's not easy to tell from
the pic)? If not, I wouldn't bother.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:53:17 +0100, bomba <[email protected]>
blathered:

>> I have a 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara with Tektro V-brakes. I would like to upgrade this with Disc
>> Brakes, but am not sure what parts I need to order. Specs for the bike is here;
>>
>> http://www.fisherbikes.com/archive/full_specs.asp?series=genesis&bike=Tassajara&year=2003
>
>Does the frame have an ISO disc mount (I have a feeling it doesn't, but it's not easy to tell from
>the pic)? If not, I wouldn't bother.

Fisher bikes of that era will either have an IS mount or, failing that, the mounting points to put
on a separate bolt-on IS mount (mine cost a tenner and worked fine, but I've since sold it on). It
goes without saying you'll need disk ready hubs...

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/