Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

disc brakes with road levers?

Started by centurionomega · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,353 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
26 October 2007
Last activity
26 October 2007
Original author
centurionomega
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,353
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am thinking about building up a cyclocross bike and would like to get disc brakes. I want to use road levers to operate the cable disc brakes. I know about the incompatibility of v-brakes with non v-brake levers and assume that the same thing would happen with cable operated disc brakes. The thing is I don't know why the two types of brake levers are not interchangable, and what would happen if I decided to use road levers with non road-specific cable operated disc brakes?

  2. centurionomega said:

    what would happen if I decided to use road levers with non road-specific cable operated disc brakes?


    Your brake levers will bottom against the handlebar before you get adequate stopping power.

    Solution is to use Avid road calipers or a cable pull augmentation device like Travel Agent or Side Track.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.